Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,233)

Showing posts 124,641 - 124,660 of216,679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
U issso booteafool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Catcher shoots from the shadows. Luckily for him, they are blanks.
Come out into the light, big boy. Give us some substance.
Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?
is u charlie darwin adopted son!!;)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus isn't a god with trust, or he would have a huge pile of money his eyeball would sit on. lol
I was born an original sinner
I was born from original sin.
If I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

U issso booteafool wrote:
<quoted text>
is u charlie darwin adopted son!!;)
No, he was my uncle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

http://scitechdaily.com/high-energy-cosmic-ra...

1 femtometre = 1.0 x 10&#8722;15 metres = 1 fermi = 0.001 picometre = 1000 attometres

Not a whole lot of the universe, but that doesn't stop speculating on the whole thing. In a scientific manner.

The lattice should be hexagonal, 60 degree angles..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

http://scitechdaily.com/samuel-arbesman-expla...

Why one should not take the pronouncements of "science based" atheists seriously.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sock Viking had a great thought once...but it died of loneliness.
If Sock Viking had another brain he would be a half-wit.
One day a thought went trough Sock Viking's head...there was nothing there to stop it.
Sock Viking's doctors gave him a brain scan but they didn't find anything.
ROFLMAO
hahaha, the first time I've heard jokes that are true!

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
I tend to believe gays are born that way in some circumstances. Other circumstances I believe they are shaped by their environment. Thatís just my observation.
Your right atheist just donít show up at the front door, sort of. They are much more subtle. They use Schools & Universities as a platform. Then thereíre the icons that put their message into print and sell their message.
Magazines, books, college professors, comedians, signs, all have used the print media to promote their message of atheism. Iím like you and others in that I donít like my space being violated by personal bids to buy or accept something.
Usually when someone is trying to sell you something by approaching you without an invitation. They are running or promoting a scam. No matter how good it sounds itís probably a scam. Unless itís the Girl Scouts selling cookies. Their cookies are worth buying, lol.
You - all people - are a product of both environment and genetics. There's no other way, unless you want to add magic.

Education makes people atheists. I never teach atheism in my class - not the place to - but I teach critical thinking. That's enough for the smarter students to start reflecting on the nature of religion.

To be honest, a lot of students come to me, to make fun of religion. I think there's a much higher percentage of atheists among those going through university now.

Eagle, your religion has been promoted and is promoted everywhere - TV shows, media, violations of personal space, people walking around pushing it. The amount of atheist media compared to Christian media is insignificant, a tiny fraction. Your complaint here is a joke.

Imagine if we demanded equal time to be heard how upset you'd be.

Personally, we should teach children about all religions in elementary school. Don't even bother with atheism, just define it in one class or something.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why does religion evolve ??..
Supernatural Selection.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"...and Fortinbras, knee-deep in Danes,
Lived happy ever after..."
hahaha!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Dave Nelson displayed cowardice, do you believe it's improper for me to point it out?
That's a yes or no question.
Do you believe that bullies are cowards?

Thatís a yes or a no answer.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
If macro evolution is real.
The horseshoe crab would be building and riding jet skis by now. Or perhaps even something more advanced like the hovercraft.
Oh but they stopped evolving just 500 million years ago. Theyíre not a good example of this evolution thing.
What's your reasoning here? Why would a crab with a body shape well suited for its environment change? Why would it become intelligent? What selection pressures would push it to be intelligent?

No, Eagle, they did not stop evolving. The horseshoe crab you see today is not the same species as the one in the past. They have speciated several times. The current one evolved around 18 million years ago. Remember? I already posted a link to an article by the world's leading horseshoe crab expert. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "that's a malicious untruth."

1) Do you not follow my links b/c you're genuinely not interested in knowing how and what science has evidence for?
2) Are you incapable of learning?
3) Or did you just miss the post?
U issso booteafool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://scitechdaily.com/samuel -arbesman-explains-the-half-li fe-of-facts/
Why one should not take the pronouncements of "science based" atheists seriously.
Y u hidden yo URL butttt show ye Editing Santa fee NM PHd4Lab Animo mading the fire craker;) U hidden yo CARbon footprint but leading yo brainsells waver ParteaCO;-0000 hop ye enjoy textin cope typoo frum Xplore soft ware;=0000
U issso booteafool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

URLhidden move on kids!!!!!!!!;)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw! Just like looking in a mirror and discovering you don't look like either of your parents. THAT is evolution.
In the case of the horseshoe crab. I guarantee you the pressures and itís environment has changed plenty in 500 million years. Yet it has remained unchanged in 500 million years.

So Evolutionist come up with this response that it didnít need to change because itís suited for itís environment. 500 million years is a hell of a long time.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your reasoning here? Why would a crab with a body shape well suited for its environment change? Why would it become intelligent? What selection pressures would push it to be intelligent?
No, Eagle, they did not stop evolving. The horseshoe crab you see today is not the same species as the one in the past. They have speciated several times. The current one evolved around 18 million years ago. Remember? I already posted a link to an article by the world's leading horseshoe crab expert. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "that's a malicious untruth."
1) Do you not follow my links b/c you're genuinely not interested in knowing how and what science has evidence for?
2) Are you incapable of learning?
3) Or did you just miss the post?
There's a leading Horseshoe crab expert? Awesome. How sad would it be to be the second best Horseshoe crab expert?

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You know I wonder how the world would be today if say Zeus and Odin were still the primary gods?
Believers of the different gods meet up, state why their God is better, have a few drinks, arm wrestling matches with the victor proclaiming his/her God was the better after all, more drinks and some roasted meat, finally upon leaving the debate they both agree that Odin and Zeus are both awesome gods who work together and are probably shaking their heads at how their earthly believers had behaved this night.
Each walks home thinking with a chuckle, that Zeus/Odin worshipper can't handle their booze yet we must do this again.
<quoted text>
hahaha, totally!

You'd want to be careful around Bacchus followers, though, they would drink you under the table every single time.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link you might be able to use:
hahahaha! That is fantastic!

Thank you :)

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
If living organisms *can* evolve, but not necessarily *do* evolve, based on "environmental pressure"... I got one question...
...Why the f_ck would plants evolve???
Species evolve, not individuals. Say it with me. Species evolve, not individuals. One more time? Species evolve, not individuals.

Next: Why do plants evolve?

Do you honestly believe that the environments of animals change while plant environments remain exactly the same? Are you trying to tell us that, throughout world history, the environments of plants never changes? How the hell does the animal's environment change, but not that of plants?!?

The meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs had no effect on plants, RR? Volcanoes, no effect on plants? Global climate changes, no effect on plants?

What do you think plants do? They just sit there, happily being eaten by insects and animals - and there's no selection pressure?

Plants are not mobile. They are attacked by insects, viruses, fungi, bacteria and animals. Other plants also parasitize them and plants compete for sunlight. All of these act as selection pressure on plants - just like animals, those that can survive and reproduce better will have their genes represented in higher proportion in the next generation.

Plants produce toxins to deal with insects. Insects evolve around those toxins - but they have to specialize to do so. That's why each plant species almost invariably has an insect species that only eats it. That's why we have the carrot beetle, the tomato worm, etc. Because only those species of insects can get around the plant's toxin defenses to eat it.

But if plants focus on producing too much toxin, they can't divert energy and resources to getting taller and bigger. Then other plants beat them out for the sunlight. This is why, if you look at your garden, some species grow really fast but are eaten more (less poison production), while others grow slowly but are eaten quite a bit less.

In short, plants are competing with other plants and everything that eats them. Their environment changes with each new input - new insect, new plant, new gene in a rival plant, etc.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya, IANS.
But Matthew 28:20 says to teach everything & obey.
It doesn't say "force them", "make them" or "require them".
It's a teaching that you don't have to choose to listen to. Nobody's forcing you.
Why are you so afraid?
Christianity has a history of using force to promote its message when it can. It has a history of colluding with tyrants to get its message across. It has a history of lying to get converts.

In fact, you used this message of dishonesty in the prove thread by purposefully misquoting a prominent evolutionary biologist, Richard Lewontin. He wrote something very, very important to the philosophy of science and, by removing select wording, you turned it into religious propaganda.

So we all see how your religion works and how it is unethically pushed on others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

U issso booteafool wrote:
<quoted text>
Y u hidden yo URL butttt show ye Editing Santa fee NM PHd4Lab Animo mading the fire craker;) U hidden yo CARbon footprint but leading yo brainsells waver ParteaCO;-0000 hop ye enjoy textin cope typoo frum Xplore soft ware;=0000
I really, really tried to understand that. But all I got was dizzy.:-)

I hide my URL because I live 10 miles past the sunset. I don't want anyone getting lost looking for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,641 - 124,660 of216,679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••