Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
124,601 - 124,620 of 226,355 Comments Last updated 56 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Soledad, CA

#129180 Oct 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you very clumsily take an jab at him by calling him a coward. What else can you do to inflict a injury other than vainly cast slurs? Your vain attempt to punch him makes you look like a bully. We all know what bullies are. They’re cowards trying to assert themselves as powerful.
Were you the one that told me to take the high road? What a fine example you set for all of us here on topix. What’s ironic you are a officer of the court.
If Dave Nelson displayed cowardice, do you believe it's improper for me to point it out?

That's a yes or no question.
_Chartreuse_

France

#129181 Oct 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You know I wonder how the world would be today if say Zeus and Odin were still the primary gods?
Believers of the different gods meet up, state why their God is better, have a few drinks, arm wrestling matches with the victor proclaiming his/her God was the better after all, more drinks and some roasted meat, finally upon leaving the debate they both agree that Odin and Zeus are both awesome gods who work together and are probably shaking their heads at how their earthly believers had behaved this night.
Each walks home thinking with a chuckle, that Zeus/Odin worshipper can't handle their booze yet we must do this again.
<quoted text>
U R shitinabutthole 12:16

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#129182 Oct 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
hahahahahahahaa!!! How can you be this ignorant and stupid?!? How is it possible??? How can you not understand G_O_D's joke??? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!!!!!
Here's a link you might be able to use:
&fe ature=related

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#129183 Oct 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Usually when someone is trying to sell you something by approaching you without an invitation. They are running or promoting a scam.
Have you ever seen the scripture that exhorts believers to approach others without an invitation and promote Jesus and Christianity?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" - Matthew 28:19

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#129184 Oct 12, 2012
If living organisms *can* evolve, but not necessarily *do* evolve, based on "environmental pressure"... I got one question...
...Why the f_ck would plants evolve???

Location hidden

#129185 Oct 12, 2012
lmao Give...
"if gravity is real, how can jets fly?"
Seriously?
Are you one of those "smart" atheists, too?
lol

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#129186 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If living organisms *can* evolve, but not necessarily *do* evolve, based on "environmental pressure"... I got one question...
...Why the f_ck would plants evolve???
.. why does religion evolve ??..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129187 Oct 12, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think many people actively disdain religious people, and I personally have no problem with a personal belief in god.
I do, however, take issue with those who make it their personal mission to spread their belief - a behavior that is highly encouraged in certain religions, christianity being one of them. And I am especially against those who try to impose the archaic notions of their religion on science and social policy. If someone wants to think that we are magical creations and that evolution is false, or if someone wants to think that gays shouldn't have equal rights, that's fine so long as they remain personal beliefs. They are stupid personal beliefs, but they are personal nonetheless. It's when people make it their mission to impose their beliefs on everyone else that it becomes a problem.
Why would you have a problem with a Christian? as a true Christian you are to live a quiet, humble productive life. There is but one true church? and that would be the Church of Christ, Romans 16:16, Mark 16:16. Study Acts 2 and it will tell you when the church was started and how to become a Cheistian. It will tell you how God wants us to worship him, which is in spirit and truth.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129188 Oct 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You should deny gravity next. If gravity is real how can jets fly for hours over oceans even! How do birds fly if gravity exists? If gravity were real we would all be crawling on the ground barely able to stand up!
Just thought I'd help your next argument out you flat earth reject.
<quoted text>
Every time you jump, you experience gravity. It pulls you back down to the ground. Without gravity, you'd float off into the atmosphere -- along with all of the other matter on Earth.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129189 Oct 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The print media. Kind of like "In God We Trust" being printed on money? Atheists can't exactly say, "That offends me so I'm not going to use that money". Talk about a scam.
At least it's honest about itself, heck it shows you a pile with an eye ball. I take it to mean if you have a huge pile of money you're a god with trust.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#129190 Oct 12, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. It isn't working for your type...
True. Your babbling doesn't work on the educated and rational people here.

Maybe you should stick to teaching Sunday School.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#129191 Oct 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
If macro evolution is real.
The horseshoe crab would be building and riding jet skis by now. Or perhaps even something more advanced like the hovercraft.
Oh but they stopped evolving just 500 million years ago. They’re not a good example of this evolution thing.
You proved that you don't even know what evolution is.

Thanks for that.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#129192 Oct 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> At least it's honest about itself, heck it shows you a pile with an eye ball. I take it to mean if you have a huge pile of money you're a god with trust.
Since all the letters in the phrase are capitalized, I assume GOD means my god of choice. I trust a different one monthly as I spend U.S. currency. This month it's: IN TIAN WE TRUST

Location hidden

#129193 Oct 12, 2012
Ya, IANS.
But Matthew 28:20 says to teach everything & obey.
It doesn't say "force them", "make them" or "require them".
It's a teaching that you don't have to choose to listen to. Nobody's forcing you.
Why are you so afraid?

Location hidden

#129194 Oct 12, 2012
Yes, Tam. You're right.
As America has absolute freedom of religion, the GOD on your dollar bill is ANY god you choose.
Otherwise it'd say: "In Jesus we trust". Which America can't & won't do.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#129195 Oct 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the scripture that exhorts believers to approach others without an invitation and promote Jesus and Christianity?
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" - Matthew 28:19
Note that 'Matthew; added much to 'Mark' when he copied it. Guess God forgot to tell Mark a lot of stuff. LOL

Lies grow with each retelling.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16

Mark is talking about the Jewish ritual cleansing that Christinaity perverted into "baptism".

Jewish converts were "Baptised" into Judaism long before Jesus was born.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#129196 Oct 12, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you jump, you experience gravity. It pulls you back down to the ground. Without gravity, you'd float off into the atmosphere -- along with all of the other matter on Earth.
WOw! Just like looking in a mirror and discovering you don't look like either of your parents. THAT is evolution.
newsphotos

AOL

#129197 Oct 12, 2012

ANTICHRIST in Jewish Temple --------- ID'd

&fe ature=plcp

U issso booteafool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#129198 Oct 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw! Just like looking in a mirror and discovering you don't look like either of your parents. THAT is evolution.
hey yo-God,GoD,gOD,goD!!! my God is deadth;) wanna search for ya G_O-D tryin dis!!!!!!
www.greatseal.com/God gooooooooooood luck

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#129199 Oct 12, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse to be a coward, like you Dave.
:-)

Catcher shoots from the shadows. Luckily for him, they are blanks.

Come out into the light, big boy. Give us some substance.

Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
100% Faith Free 16 min CunningLinguist 12
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 9 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 14 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 14 hr Patrick 172
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••