Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129189 Oct 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The print media. Kind of like "In God We Trust" being printed on money? Atheists can't exactly say, "That offends me so I'm not going to use that money". Talk about a scam.
At least it's honest about itself, heck it shows you a pile with an eye ball. I take it to mean if you have a huge pile of money you're a god with trust.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#129190 Oct 12, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. It isn't working for your type...
True. Your babbling doesn't work on the educated and rational people here.

Maybe you should stick to teaching Sunday School.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#129191 Oct 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
If macro evolution is real.
The horseshoe crab would be building and riding jet skis by now. Or perhaps even something more advanced like the hovercraft.
Oh but they stopped evolving just 500 million years ago. Theyíre not a good example of this evolution thing.
You proved that you don't even know what evolution is.

Thanks for that.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#129192 Oct 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> At least it's honest about itself, heck it shows you a pile with an eye ball. I take it to mean if you have a huge pile of money you're a god with trust.
Since all the letters in the phrase are capitalized, I assume GOD means my god of choice. I trust a different one monthly as I spend U.S. currency. This month it's: IN TIAN WE TRUST

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#129193 Oct 12, 2012
Ya, IANS.
But Matthew 28:20 says to teach everything & obey.
It doesn't say "force them", "make them" or "require them".
It's a teaching that you don't have to choose to listen to. Nobody's forcing you.
Why are you so afraid?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#129194 Oct 12, 2012
Yes, Tam. You're right.
As America has absolute freedom of religion, the GOD on your dollar bill is ANY god you choose.
Otherwise it'd say: "In Jesus we trust". Which America can't & won't do.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#129195 Oct 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the scripture that exhorts believers to approach others without an invitation and promote Jesus and Christianity?
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" - Matthew 28:19
Note that 'Matthew; added much to 'Mark' when he copied it. Guess God forgot to tell Mark a lot of stuff. LOL

Lies grow with each retelling.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16

Mark is talking about the Jewish ritual cleansing that Christinaity perverted into "baptism".

Jewish converts were "Baptised" into Judaism long before Jesus was born.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#129196 Oct 12, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you jump, you experience gravity. It pulls you back down to the ground. Without gravity, you'd float off into the atmosphere -- along with all of the other matter on Earth.
WOw! Just like looking in a mirror and discovering you don't look like either of your parents. THAT is evolution.
newsphotos

AOL

#129197 Oct 12, 2012

ANTICHRIST in Jewish Temple --------- ID'd

&fe ature=plcp

U issso booteafool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#129198 Oct 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw! Just like looking in a mirror and discovering you don't look like either of your parents. THAT is evolution.
hey yo-God,GoD,gOD,goD!!! my God is deadth;) wanna search for ya G_O-D tryin dis!!!!!!
www.greatseal.com/God gooooooooooood luck

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#129199 Oct 12, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse to be a coward, like you Dave.
:-)

Catcher shoots from the shadows. Luckily for him, they are blanks.

Come out into the light, big boy. Give us some substance.

Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129200 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, Tam. You're right.
As America has absolute freedom of religion, the GOD on your dollar bill is ANY god you choose.
Otherwise it'd say: "In Jesus we trust". Which America can't & won't do.
Jesus isn't a god with trust, or he would have a huge pile of money his eyeball would sit on. lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#129201 Oct 12, 2012
G_O_D, Mark was NOT talking about the Jewish ritual of baptising...
The word "baptize" has multpile meanings, you know? It also means to cleanse, purify or initiate.
Are all atheists as smart as you?
U issso booteafool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#129202 Oct 12, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Catcher shoots from the shadows. Luckily for him, they are blanks.
Come out into the light, big boy. Give us some substance.
Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?
is u charlie darwin adopted son!!;)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#129203 Oct 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus isn't a god with trust, or he would have a huge pile of money his eyeball would sit on. lol
I was born an original sinner
I was born from original sin.
If I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin.

Westcliffe, CO

#129204 Oct 12, 2012
U issso booteafool wrote:
<quoted text>
is u charlie darwin adopted son!!;)
No, he was my uncle.

Westcliffe, CO

#129205 Oct 12, 2012
http://scitechdaily.com/high-energy-cosmic-ra...

1 femtometre = 1.0 x 10&#8722;15 metres = 1 fermi = 0.001 picometre = 1000 attometres

Not a whole lot of the universe, but that doesn't stop speculating on the whole thing. In a scientific manner.

The lattice should be hexagonal, 60 degree angles..

Westcliffe, CO

#129206 Oct 12, 2012
http://scitechdaily.com/samuel-arbesman-expla...

Why one should not take the pronouncements of "science based" atheists seriously.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129207 Oct 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sock Viking had a great thought once...but it died of loneliness.
If Sock Viking had another brain he would be a half-wit.
One day a thought went trough Sock Viking's head...there was nothing there to stop it.
Sock Viking's doctors gave him a brain scan but they didn't find anything.
ROFLMAO
hahaha, the first time I've heard jokes that are true!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129208 Oct 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
I tend to believe gays are born that way in some circumstances. Other circumstances I believe they are shaped by their environment. Thatís just my observation.
Your right atheist just donít show up at the front door, sort of. They are much more subtle. They use Schools & Universities as a platform. Then thereíre the icons that put their message into print and sell their message.
Magazines, books, college professors, comedians, signs, all have used the print media to promote their message of atheism. Iím like you and others in that I donít like my space being violated by personal bids to buy or accept something.
Usually when someone is trying to sell you something by approaching you without an invitation. They are running or promoting a scam. No matter how good it sounds itís probably a scam. Unless itís the Girl Scouts selling cookies. Their cookies are worth buying, lol.
You - all people - are a product of both environment and genetics. There's no other way, unless you want to add magic.

Education makes people atheists. I never teach atheism in my class - not the place to - but I teach critical thinking. That's enough for the smarter students to start reflecting on the nature of religion.

To be honest, a lot of students come to me, to make fun of religion. I think there's a much higher percentage of atheists among those going through university now.

Eagle, your religion has been promoted and is promoted everywhere - TV shows, media, violations of personal space, people walking around pushing it. The amount of atheist media compared to Christian media is insignificant, a tiny fraction. Your complaint here is a joke.

Imagine if we demanded equal time to be heard how upset you'd be.

Personally, we should teach children about all religions in elementary school. Don't even bother with atheism, just define it in one class or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 19 min NoahLovesU 717
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 41 min Eagle 12 4,758
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr paul porter 16,601
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? 8 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... 16 hr Thinking 1
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response Thu QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web