Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
124,581 - 124,600 of 225,708 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

So you are recommending the "hallicinate and babble" approach to reality, right ?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern science you are referring to is a logic and definitions you are trained to follow and think in. It is not a "natural" progression of thought and logic. They churn thousands of these robots out every years.
Do not confuse that with intelligence and the ability to think in the abstract other than the level necessary for progressing through that system.
It is a "school" of thought.
The limitations of this school is the kneejerk reaction to anything proposed that does not follow the script, as opposed to considering such things. Just like any religion can. Both religion and science get modified over time.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
At the same time the work place is not a platform for them to market their lifestyle. In fact they need to keep their lifestyle personal. I donít want to know if someone is gay. Itís none of my business to start with.
So, to be completely fair, you're saying that straight people should never talk about their girlfriends/boyfriends or their wives/husbands, so that we won't know that they are straight.

Right?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Wodan you Scandinavian Heretic!
Ack! Mother, I am slain!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
So you are recommending the "hallicinate and babble" approach to reality, right ?
<quoted text>
Well, you summed up Dave in a sentence.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I love it, Hiding is getting busted from all sides. <split>
Another hallucination from the god liars.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Forever your mind is worth, not much, pnats are not complex things. If you want to argue simplicity as a motion in a time continum from past to future, then you refute evolution. The question is not whether simplicity exists within complex continums, but how it effects your evolution myth theory.
One argument against evolution and the complexity of so-called evolved humans is found in a simple grain of rice. Of particular interest is that the rice genome may be far more complex than previously thought and that the rice genome contains between 42,000 and 63,000 genes whereas the human genome is estimated to contain between a mere 23,000 genes.
Evolutionist frequently try to measure how advanced and superior a species is by its complexity and, implicitly, by the size of its genome, new research indicates that rice is a more advanced, and perhaps even a superior, species than humanity?
Or is it simply the case that superiority is not a matter of complexity nor of the relative size of the species' genome? In fact, when we study of grain of rice, we discover that unless the evolutionist claim that the rice evolved from humans, there is a major flaw. So, evolutionist are forced to either abandon their lie, or say that evolution is not a matter of complexity which is a domino to all of evolution.
I will be discussing, singularity, Black holes, quantum graavity and how Einstein's theory of relativity breaks down and how 1/0 is infinity and destroys physics when gravity no longer functions in the Black Hole and therefore puts the Big Bang or expansion of the universe theory into a quantum upheaval. By the way, scientists have never observed or seen a black hole.
People that doubt Evolution are idiots. This is proven fact.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
hahahahahahahaa!!!

How can you be this ignorant and stupid?!? How is it possible??? How can you not understand G_O_D's joke???

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!!!!!

Did you formerly try to shoot yourself in the head and survive the insult? Is most of your brain missing? I ask, only out of curiosity. It's not every day you find someone so thoughtless as to be mistaken for a stone.

Oh! I know! You are on reserpine. Sorry, my bad. Good luck with that.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Shut up pagan!

Jupiter in a yamulke is a myth for old women!

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahaa!!!
How can you be this ignorant and stupid?!? How is it possible??? How can you not understand G_O_D's joke???
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!!!!!
Did you formerly try to shoot yourself in the head and survive the insult? Is most of your brain missing? I ask, only out of curiosity. It's not every day you find someone so thoughtless as to be mistaken for a stone.
Oh! I know! You are on reserpine. Sorry, my bad. Good luck with that.
The Sock Viking had a great thought once...but it died of loneliness.

If Sock Viking had another brain he would be a half-wit.

One day a thought went trough Sock Viking's head...there was nothing there to stop it.

Sock Viking's doctors gave him a brain scan but they didn't find anything.

ROFLMAO

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. It isn't working for your type, as evinced by the quality of arguments and postings you do. Constant reference to what "they" say, and little if any evidence of individual thought. Gee, you guys can't even hallucinate on your own. So you just babble in chorus, reading from the Grand Books of Holy Hallucinations..

Since: Sep 10

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. It isn't working for your type, as evinced by the quality of arguments and postings you do. Constant reference to what "they" say, and little if any evidence of individual thought. Gee, you guys can't even hallucinate on your own. So you just babble in chorus, reading from the Grand Books of Holy Hallucinations..
It's worse to be a coward, like you Dave.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Eagle, gay is a lifestyle choice. People one day wake up and think "I want to be openly mocked during my elementary and high school, then denied access to marriage in my adulthood and hated by unreasonable people." Then they just amazingly change their sexuality. I guess they want to be discriminated against, depressed and enjoy higher suicide rates in their club b/c people tell them they are wrong.
But, no, Eagle, creationist "Christians" are science deniers. Evolution is the framework theory of all the biological sciences. To deny it is to deny biological science. To deny the Big Bang and physics models of the universe is to deny science (something the Catholics don't do! Unreal, right!).
Not all Christians are literal creationists, though. The majority don't need to force fit their God into a world not supported by the evidence science has uncovered. Some of these Christians are scientists.
Mormons are nice. I like them. When they came to my door in the US, they asked if they could do my dishes. What a treat! Here in Japan, they are known as liars, though. They promise to provide "free English lessons" to draw people into their church - you can guess what happens then. Carrying out this "business model" has led to them being almost universally despised in Japan.
Sometimes they talk to me. When they find out I speak English, wow, are they happy! Then they get to hear about my atheist views and how rude I find them being in my culture, trying to change us. I'm not a super nice person when my private space is invaded at a train station by those promoting religion and lies (re: English lessons).
Atheists have never walked up do your door, right? I can't imagine going to your house and saying "hey, I'd like to talk to you about giving up your cherished beliefs."
(it's worth mentioning that here, this thread, is listed in the atheist forum, but I see it as neutral ground, where we can banter - so here, you are open game! mwahahahahaha)
I tend to believe gays are born that way in some circumstances. Other circumstances I believe they are shaped by their environment. Thatís just my observation.

Your right atheist just donít show up at the front door, sort of. They are much more subtle. They use Schools & Universities as a platform. Then thereíre the icons that put their message into print and sell their message.

Magazines, books, college professors, comedians, signs, all have used the print media to promote their message of atheism. Iím like you and others in that I donít like my space being violated by personal bids to buy or accept something.

Usually when someone is trying to sell you something by approaching you without an invitation. They are running or promoting a scam. No matter how good it sounds itís probably a scam. Unless itís the Girl Scouts selling cookies. Their cookies are worth buying, lol.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ack! Mother, I am slain!
"...and Fortinbras, knee-deep in Danes,
Lived happy ever after..."

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse to be a coward, like you Dave.
So you very clumsily take an jab at him by calling him a coward. What else can you do to inflict a injury other than vainly cast slurs? Your vain attempt to punch him makes you look like a bully. We all know what bullies are. Theyíre cowards trying to assert themselves as powerful.

Were you the one that told me to take the high road? What a fine example you set for all of us here on topix. Whatís ironic you are a officer of the court.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois?
The land of Lincoln.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Infidel! Odin was a homeless wizard always walking here and there looking like Gandalf! Where Zeus rules mount Olympus to this very day.
Zeus bested Kronos himself and locked him forever in Tartarus! Just say no the the walking with wolf Odin and join Zeus on mount Olympus.
<quoted text>
Odin is a verb. A redneck term meaning, "I odin some money."

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

If macro evolution is real.

The horseshoe crab would be building and riding jet skis by now. Or perhaps even something more advanced like the hovercraft.

Oh but they stopped evolving just 500 million years ago. Theyíre not a good example of this evolution thing.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to believe gays are born that way in some circumstances. Other circumstances I believe they are shaped by their environment. Thatís just my observation.
Your right atheist just donít show up at the front door, sort of. They are much more subtle. They use Schools & Universities as a platform. Then thereíre the icons that put their message into print and sell their message.
Magazines, books, college professors, comedians, signs, all have used the print media to promote their message of atheism. Iím like you and others in that I donít like my space being violated by personal bids to buy or accept something.
Usually when someone is trying to sell you something by approaching you without an invitation. They are running or promoting a scam. No matter how good it sounds itís probably a scam. Unless itís the Girl Scouts selling cookies. Their cookies are worth buying, lol.
The print media. Kind of like "In God We Trust" being printed on money? Atheists can't exactly say, "That offends me so I'm not going to use that money". Talk about a scam.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
If macro evolution is real.
The horseshoe crab would be building and riding jet skis by now.
Why? That living organisms *can* evolve does not mean that they must evolve to become a significantly different organism, and there is no expectation that they would if their environment puts no pressure upon them to do so.

Your argument is like saying that it's impossible that any human beings can migrate thousands of miles over numerous generations just because you've found some people whose ancestors have not left their original town for hundreds or thousands of years.

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

You know I wonder how the world would be today if say Zeus and Odin were still the primary gods?

Believers of the different gods meet up, state why their God is better, have a few drinks, arm wrestling matches with the victor proclaiming his/her God was the better after all, more drinks and some roasted meat, finally upon leaving the debate they both agree that Odin and Zeus are both awesome gods who work together and are probably shaking their heads at how their earthly believers had behaved this night.

Each walks home thinking with a chuckle, that Zeus/Odin worshipper can't handle their booze yet we must do this again.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right about that. Hey, look! Sunset!
Die heretic!!!
<pulls out knife>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••