Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,229)

Showing posts 124,561 - 124,580 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know.
I have been rapt with the U.S. Vice-presidential debate.
Biden did a very good job.
The VP did a hell of a good job. Like a dominant boxer. He was so powerful. His style was dominating the debate. But we canít judge a debate by style alone.

Ryan had a less aggressive and less dominating style but yet he didnít cower down in the corner. Nor did he let emotions trump his message. He was steady and confident.

Two different styles and two totally different messages for the American people. Had the economy been strong the last couple of years there would be no way the Republicans could win.

The economy has been a train wreck. I donít think Romney can do miracles with it but I do believe he could improve it. This is going to be a real close race. Right now I think itís a 50/50 chance for either candidate.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any of the gay people come to your front door?
I'll bet your security camera hasn't captured one lousy gay person.
Huh?
The gay message doesnít come to the door but through the TV. Most gays are busy trying to make a living like everyone else.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think there are politicians in office that want America to fail?
Isn't there a better way to make your point?
I do think some politicians are corrupt and they donít have their constituents at heart. The State Iím living in is notorious for corruption. Two of our former State Governors are in prison. Not to mention the State finances have been plowed into the ground.

So to answer sometimes there are some who donít care about the people they represent.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> yes.
<quoted text> Never claimed authority. You have to be trained to understand abiogenesis? Only those trained? Isn't that like a cult? A secret society? You on the other hand speak on the Bible and when i asked you to read Exodus 1 you replied to post it and you will. Does that mean you do not even own a Bible? Does that mean you have no training on the Bible? Not one Theology class? My beliefs also speaks about hypocrisy. If i am dishonest it has nothing to do with rejection of abiogenesis or self created universe. One can reject these propositions on logic alone.
Being educated is being part of a Cult? I would ask how stupid you are, but you have answered that question! lol What a marron!

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand your position.
The Mormons come every year to my house to invite me to their church. Now a days I donít even answer the door. Iíve got a security camera. If I donít know them. I donít need to talk to them.
Iím not trying to be mean itís just that Iím not interested. I think in todayís world there are better ways to invite people without coming across as a nuisance.
I donít hate gays or wish them harm. They shouldnít be discriminated in the work place. At the same time the work place is not a platform for them to market their lifestyle. In fact they need to keep their lifestyle personal.
I donít want to know if someone is gay. Itís none of my business to start with. For example CNNís Anderson Cooper came out that he was gay. In my opinion he used his job to promote a lifestyle. Work should be about work and nothing else. I think it was very inappropriate in my opinion.
I donít know any Christian that is anti science. There are hundreds of science disciplines and I support them all. Saying Christians are anti science is a very broad statement and itís untrue.
You choose not to believe. Iím ok with that decision of yours. We wouldnít be free if we didnít have a choice. My concerns are very similar to yours. I donít want anyone trying to convert me and that includes atheist. I donít want anyone trying to strip away my freedom of choice. Nor do I want anyone trying to stop my freedom of religion.
We have the right to believe or not to believe and I want to keep that freedom.
Yes, Eagle, gay is a lifestyle choice. People one day wake up and think "I want to be openly mocked during my elementary and high school, then denied access to marriage in my adulthood and hated by unreasonable people." Then they just amazingly change their sexuality. I guess they want to be discriminated against, depressed and enjoy higher suicide rates in their club b/c people tell them they are wrong.

But, no, Eagle, creationist "Christians" are science deniers. Evolution is the framework theory of all the biological sciences. To deny it is to deny biological science. To deny the Big Bang and physics models of the universe is to deny science (something the Catholics don't do! Unreal, right!).

Not all Christians are literal creationists, though. The majority don't need to force fit their God into a world not supported by the evidence science has uncovered. Some of these Christians are scientists.

Mormons are nice. I like them. When they came to my door in the US, they asked if they could do my dishes. What a treat! Here in Japan, they are known as liars, though. They promise to provide "free English lessons" to draw people into their church - you can guess what happens then. Carrying out this "business model" has led to them being almost universally despised in Japan.

Sometimes they talk to me. When they find out I speak English, wow, are they happy! Then they get to hear about my atheist views and how rude I find them being in my culture, trying to change us. I'm not a super nice person when my private space is invaded at a train station by those promoting religion and lies (re: English lessons).

Atheists have never walked up do your door, right? I can't imagine going to your house and saying "hey, I'd like to talk to you about giving up your cherished beliefs."

(it's worth mentioning that here, this thread, is listed in the atheist forum, but I see it as neutral ground, where we can banter - so here, you are open game! mwahahahahaha)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay message doesnít come to the door but through the TV. Most gays are busy trying to make a living like everyone else.
Yes, they are.

And you can turn off your TV. Or change the channel.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think some politicians are corrupt and they donít have their constituents at heart. The State Iím living in is notorious for corruption. Two of our former State Governors are in prison. Not to mention the State finances have been plowed into the ground.
So to answer sometimes there are some who donít care about the people they represent.
Illinois?

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the
Hey, thanks for reading!

Gosh, if I am 15, you must be ashamed of yourself! You get pummeled every time you post. A 15 year old knows more about science than you do. Hell, I've forgotten more about science than you could have ever learned if you lived to be 900 years old.

And your writing sucks. Not only is it indicative of serious psychiatric issues - you really, really need help - but of a deeply impoverished education. You can barely write grammatical sentences. Your spelling cannot be called such.

The one thing you get right is to read each and every post of mine. Well done! Little by little, you are exposing yourself to information. And you read other poster's writings, too! From the good Al, you are learning Christianity. From DoubleFine, humility. From Catcher, how to be a gentleman. From IANS, how thoughtless your religion is (give it up!). From Black Thunder, just how unintelligent you are (but keep trying~chin up!). From HL, how to love. From Sharkey, wit and laughter. And many others offer you helpful advice, comments, suggestions for your life.

All these posters, here to teach you. We're so happy you're reading us. Trust me, we're not reading you.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Eagle, gay is a lifestyle choice. People one day wake up and think "I want to be openly mocked during my elementary and high school, then denied access to marriage in my adulthood and hated by unreasonable people." Then they just amazingly change their sexuality. I guess they want to be discriminated against, depressed and enjoy higher suicide rates in their club b/c people tell them they are wrong.
But, no, Eagle, creationist "Christians" are science deniers. Evolution is the framework theory of all the biological sciences. To deny it is to deny biological science. To deny the Big Bang and physics models of the universe is to deny science (something the Catholics don't do! Unreal, right!).
Not all Christians are literal creationists, though. The majority don't need to force fit their God into a world not supported by the evidence science has uncovered. Some of these Christians are scientists.
Mormons are nice. I like them. When they came to my door in the US, they asked if they could do my dishes. What a treat! Here in Japan, they are known as liars, though. They promise to provide "free English lessons" to draw people into their church - you can guess what happens then. Carrying out this "business model" has led to them being almost universally despised in Japan.
Sometimes they talk to me. When they find out I speak English, wow, are they happy! Then they get to hear about my atheist views and how rude I find them being in my culture, trying to change us. I'm not a super nice person when my private space is invaded at a train station by those promoting religion and lies (re: English lessons).
Atheists have never walked up do your door, right? I can't imagine going to your house and saying "hey, I'd like to talk to you about giving up your cherished beliefs."
(it's worth mentioning that here, this thread, is listed in the atheist forum, but I see it as neutral ground, where we can banter - so here, you are open game! mwahahahahaha)
You always say something some of us think and feel.

But you do it so much better....

Smooch.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks for reading!
Gosh, if I am 15, you must be ashamed of yourself! You get pummeled every time you post. A 15 year old knows more about science than you do. Hell, I've forgotten more about science than you could have ever learned if you lived to be 900 years old.
And your writing sucks. Not only is it indicative of serious psychiatric issues - you really, really need help - but of a deeply impoverished education. You can barely write grammatical sentences. Your spelling cannot be called such.
The one thing you get right is to read each and every post of mine. Well done! Little by little, you are exposing yourself to information. And you read other poster's writings, too! From the good Al, you are learning Christianity. From DoubleFine, humility. From Catcher, how to be a gentleman. From IANS, how thoughtless your religion is (give it up!). From Black Thunder, just how unintelligent you are (but keep trying~chin up!). From HL, how to love. From Sharkey, wit and laughter. And many others offer you helpful advice, comments, suggestions for your life.
All these posters, here to teach you. We're so happy you're reading us. Trust me, we're not reading you.
But I'm reading you!

Hahaha.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You always say something some of us think and feel.
But you do it so much better....
Smooch.
Thanks, pal.

I say that on behalf of everyone who enjoy's Hiding's posts.

Without that second sentence, this could have been AWKWARD.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm reading you!
Hahaha.
Yaaaaaay! Honestly, nothing makes me happier :)

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, pal.
I say that on behalf of everyone who enjoy's Hiding's posts.
Without that second sentence, this could have been AWKWARD.
Thank you, Tide!

Wow, just as I click to reply to your post, an earthquake strikes! My house is shaking and twisting!

Just a little one, now it's over.

I sure hope Gatekeeper reads your posts, too. He could learn sooooooooooooooooo much, yes he can!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Tide!
Wow, just as I click to reply to your post, an earthquake strikes! My house is shaking and twisting!
Just a little one, now it's over.
I sure hope Gatekeeper reads your posts, too. He could learn sooooooooooooooooo much, yes he can!
I'm glad you felt it.

I wasn't sure it would make it through.

My aim has been off lately. I've been doing rainbows a lot, not too many earthquakes. I've got a volcanic eruption in a few days. That'll be sweet.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>....that is all I read.....
^^^^^^Comic Books, Chick Tracts and Watchtower.^^^^^^

You're a moron, Viking.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

I am a gift from God? Well you are indeed lucky I grace you with my presence. And I think it's McCain btw.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HL - Liberty IS a gift from God.
Funny that you quote Mitt. Why not Obama?
"McCane hasn't asked me about my Muslim religion"...

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you felt it.
I wasn't sure it would make it through.
My aim has been off lately. I've been doing rainbows a lot, not too many earthquakes. I've got a volcanic eruption in a few days. That'll be sweet.
hahaha!

Be careful with volcanoes, though. If you make it too big in Hawaii, you'll wipe out the marijuana fields.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Yp're....you're
What??? Are you having an aneurysm?

Quick! Jog in place really fast!

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

And Zeus is the God of all gods.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the ranting spewings of a 15 year old kid. Evoluttion is a religion, and you atheists creat rituals and myths to promote your fear. You use dogma and doctrine and pervert science to produce your desired results.
There have even been evolution fools who have conducted experiments, and have torn up years of research, because it revocably proved that there was a God and a Creator who made specific designs and orders.
St. Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274) spelled out five proofs from reason for the existence of God. Briefly summarized, they are:
1.Motion. What is in motion must be put in motion by another and that by another again. This cannot go on to infinity. Therefore, there must be at the head of the series of movers, a being that is itself unmoved and that is the source of all movement. This prime mover is Zeus.
2.Causation. This proof depends on the self-evident principles that nothing can exist without a sufficient reason for its existence and that every effect must have a cause. It is impossible for a thing to be the efficient cause of itself for, if it were, it would be prior to itself which is impossible. Since every effect must have a cause, that cause in turn must be the effect of another cause, and so on. But the process cannot go on to infinity. There must be a first cause that is not caused by anything else and that contains in itself the sufficient reason for its existence. That first cause is Zeus.
3.Necessity or contingency.This proof, too, depends on the self-evident principle of sufficient reason, that is, that whatever exists must have a sufficient reason for its existence.
If there was ever a time when there was nothing, there could never be anything. From nothing, nothing can come. To explain the existence of beings that are unnecessary, that at one time did not exist, there must have always existed a necessary being, from whom beings that began to be received their existence. The existence of all other beings is contingent on the existence of this necessary being. This necessary being is Zeus.
4.Perfection.When we perceive objects or people, we judge that they are more or less good, beautiful, kind, just, etc. But this presupposes an absolute standard of perfection with which the less perfect are compared. This absolute standard of perfection is Zeus.
5.Design. Whatever exhibits marks of design must be the work of an intelligent being. Nobody could possibly believe that his wrist watch just "fell together." On the contrary, it was obviously designed by an intelligent designer. How much more so with the human body, the world and the universe. They all give evidence of an intelligent designer. The order of the universe, the workings of the human eye, etc., cannot be the product of chance or of some blind necessity in the nature of things. Their intelligent designer is Zeus.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that if it was kept close to their version of "truth" then it may help.
Baby steps.
Quite likely to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,561 - 124,580 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••