Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129042 Oct 11, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell it to Webster. Go to Oxford dictionary on line and look it up. I quoted the source Einstein. Yet you blame me for using a Webster definition. Self created universe is anti logic. Things do not create themselves. Abiogenesis is garbage delivered in science sounding words. In other words, it is sh#t wrapped in a fancy gift box. You have no real explanation which makes sense if one cuts through all the crap and takes a good look at what is really being said.
Bull

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129043 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I can throw a pretty mean boomerang.
I make my own, too.
But I don't have 8 legs.
You better work on that. Get 8 legs or else!

grrrrrrrrr!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129044 Oct 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, that was brilliant.
I am always staggered by the remitting BLIND faith these godbots have in their ignorance.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

(for me, not for blind faith)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129045 Oct 11, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful.
aishiteru yo!

yaaaaaaaaaay!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#129046 Oct 11, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Somebody should be embarrassed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fdnWwlZCsSwXX
A lot of people should be embarrassed.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#129047 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to be honest, LB has a magical book and feelings. Feelings that have confirmed to him, beyond his ability to reason otherwise, that he, he and his fellow believers, have found the one true god. Yes. The One True God. Not the other one. Not that fake one over there. But the actual uniquely one true god.
And so Lightbeamer is qualified to stretch the truth a little - well, let's be honest here - misrepresent the boundaries of his knowledge and understandings of science and just make blanket proclamations entirely lacking in evidence, against 200 years of hard working scientists doing their best to expand the boundaries of knowledge, many of whom have struggled their entire lives to understand a small part of the universe.
No, no, I think it's fair to say that Lightbeamer understands the universe better than the best physicists in the world, grasps biological science more strongly than all biological scientists in the world and really gets people more than any social scientist could, all because of his profoundly strong, subjectively experienced and encultured "knowledge" of the one true god.
And that's why, across the nation, all universities and research centers are closing down. Why bother developing new drugs when Lightbeamer can just tell us how to? Why bother combating pathogens like malaria with evolutionary science when Lightbeamer "knows" it's malarkey? What's the point in studying star formation when Lightbeamer knows how that works?
God. God. God. The one, true god. Not like the other one. Nor the one over there. Not like the God in the Bible who kills people, or those silly pagans across Asia. Nope. The God of Lightbeamer.
(did you notice I jarringly stuck the word "malarkey" in there??? weeeeeeeeeee!)
Nothing more than misrepresentation and condescending personal attack. I do not claim to know more than the physicists snd to question abiogenesis and self created universe is not the same as combating malaria. Of course this does not stop you from your little hit piece sure to receive praise from topix atheists here. Then you have the gall to appeal to honesty in the opening line. Your post has nothing to do with honesty. Have a nice day.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#129048 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Well, to be honest, LB has a magical book and feelings. Feelings that have confirmed to him, beyond his ability to reason otherwise, that he, he and his fellow believers, have found the one true god. Yes. The One True God. Not the other one. Not that fake one over there. But the actual uniquely one true god.

And so Lightbeamer is qualified to stretch the truth a little - well, let's be honest here - misrepresent the boundaries of his knowledge and understandings of science and just make blanket proclamations entirely lacking in evidence, against 200 years of hard working scientists doing their best to expand the boundaries of knowledge, many of whom have struggled their entire lives to understand a small part of the universe.

No, no, I think it's fair to say that Lightbeamer understands the universe better than the best physicists in the world, grasps biological science more strongly than all biological scientists in the world and really gets people more than any social scientist could, all because of his profoundly strong, subjectively experienced and encultured "knowledge" of the one true god.

And that's why, across the nation, all universities and research centers are closing down. Why bother developing new drugs when Lightbeamer can just tell us how to? Why bother combating pathogens like malaria with evolutionary science when Lightbeamer "knows" it's malarkey? What's the point in studying star formation when Lightbeamer knows how that works?

God. God. God. The one, true god. Not like the other one. Nor the one over there. Not like the God in the Bible who kills people, or those silly pagans across Asia. Nope. The God of Lightbeamer.

(did you notice I jarringly stuck the word "malarkey" in there??? weeeeeeeeeee!)
I haven't heard that since I was a kid.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#129049 Oct 11, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Somebody should be embarrassed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people should be embarrassed.
Yeah, the one's buying the book they are selling. One hundred beautiful photos of famous atheists? I hope they are detachable so you can hang them on the wall. With little candle holders underneath. Maybe some pre-written prayers. For an extra $20 you can order genuine atheist non-prayer beads.

One atheist is a lost soul to be suffered. A gang of them is a movement to squash.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#129050 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>You better work on that. Get 8 legs or else!

grrrrrrrrr!
I am! I am!

The third one is coming along nicely.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#129051 Oct 11, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. rejection is the opposite of acceptance. You dislike gays and reject them as productive members of society ..
.. you dare speak of attitude? You, the misogynistic male who thinks all women are dumb - created to fetch you a beer, share your bed and wash your dishes ??..
Wait, woah, woah!!!!

"share the bed"?!?!?

Sheeet, the bed's all mine. When we're done, the woman goes to the couch!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#129052 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I am! I am!
The third one is coming along nicely.
The differences in length varies too much to be of any use.

Location hidden

#129053 Oct 11, 2012
Hallelujah!!!

My portable backup generator is supposed to be delivered today. What an epic this has been. Third try, first two were out of stock, this one was delayed in shipping. Hope it works.

Eighty odd miles of power wires feeding this place. Vulnerable to ice and high winds. It has its own diesel power system, but it is cheaper to buy. They can crank it up if needed, but they didn't last year when the power was out for almost a day. In below zero weather. Gas furnace, but takes electricity to operate it. Arrrgh!!

Had a neighbor pull a tree down last Saturday that got away from him. Knocked out power to the whole town for a few minutes. Could have been worse.

I'm ready this year. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, having power and glory at your fingertips. All you have to do is call on it.

Location hidden

#129054 Oct 11, 2012
Denying religions on the basis of their texts and scientific observations is one thing. Quite easy to do.

But the atheist denial of the existence of a higher intelligence or force that created and/or drives the organization resulting in our ability to "reason" is something else. That is getting into the territory of runaway ego and mental issues. A weird one at that. They will submit themselves to the superiority of fellow humans, but not to a higher supernatural force. Strange.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#129055 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You better work on that. Get 8 legs or else!
grrrrrrrrr!
Maybe he can evolve out of necessity....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#129056 Oct 11, 2012
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
When Science is confronted by the inexplicable, it is telling that it never resorts to the existence of a God to explain what it cannot - tacitly Science knows that God is not a creditable explanation for anything .... to God science says no .
Maybe to God, science should say maybe...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#129057 Oct 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>The man speaks his mind and he’s a coward?

You are using the wrong application for the word “coward,” my friend.

Misapplying words in a sentence shows a poor understanding and use of the language.
You are using the wrong application of the word "mind".

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#129058 Oct 11, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution as you preach it.

Even Darwin left it open to being a method used by God.
I don't preach anything.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#129059 Oct 11, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Denying religions on the basis of their texts and scientific observations is one thing. Quite easy to do.

But the atheist denial of the existence of a higher intelligence or force that created and/or drives the organization resulting in our ability to "reason" is something else. That is getting into the territory of runaway ego and mental issues. A weird one at that. They will submit themselves to the superiority of fellow humans, but not to a higher supernatural force. Strange.
Why?

There is ample evidence of superior fellow humans.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#129061 Oct 11, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>The differences in length varies too much to be of any use.
Keeps me from rolling out of bed in the morning.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129062 Oct 11, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing more than misrepresentation and condescending personal attack. I do not claim to know more than the physicists snd to question abiogenesis and self created universe is not the same as combating malaria. Of course this does not stop you from your little hit piece sure to receive praise from topix atheists here. Then you have the gall to appeal to honesty in the opening line. Your post has nothing to do with honesty. Have a nice day.
Oh, I'm sorry, are you a biologist who specializes in abiogensis? Do you even understand the first thing about biology? Do you understand anything - anything at all about biochemistry? Organic chemistry?

No, right? Doesn't your religion preach against lies and deception?

When you claim authority to speak on matters that you do not understand, have no training in whatsoever, you are being dishonest. There are no two ways about it.

Stop being dishonest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr love_spell 14,447
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr tha Professor 1,030
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Gillette 5,946
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr Pahu 1,422
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Tue thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE