Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,221)

Showing posts 124,401 - 124,420 of223,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What is wrong with you? Why are you so preoccupied with gay people?
He are one.

Shhhhh....

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence or f*ck off it's been that simple since the dawn of time itself.
You are always a distinguished diplomat.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't believe that at all, quite the contrary. It's atheists that "actually believe that their inability to imagine something and their lack of knowledge of something are arguments against that thing".
Atheists, it seems, live their lives with a very closed mind with almost no ability to imagine or dream, because imagiation & dreams can't be proven.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you've noticed, but you and I haven't only been talking about God here - but also homosexual behavior, evolution, planetary formation, paleoanthropology. Unlike me, you know almost nothing. I'm guessing it was your religion that did that to you.
It told you "God did it" is an acceptable answer to all life's mysteries, so you just turned your brain off.
Unlike you, atheists are full of creativity. We aren't afraid to explore reality like you people - you're utterly closed minded. You actually believe in intellectual laziness as some kind of virtue!
Your answer to everything is "God did it." That's a worthless, stupid answer - it actually hurts people. Imagine if the discoverers of insulin stopped and said "gosh this is hard, let's just say 'God did it'" - imagine if any physicist or medical researcher did that! We wouldn't have power lines, antibiotics, antivirals - anything.
God did it is not an answer. Willful ignorance is abject idiocy - and it's ruining your great nation.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More assumptions? For your information, I haven't had a college education because I can't afford it.
But thanks for throwing that in my face, I appreciate it.
"Unlike me, you know almost nothing." eh? You seem to know a lot about ONE thing, bullshit.
It's worth putting this conversation in context. Before you act all hurt here, you were attacking atheists, claiming all kinds of things about us - based on the one, unifying label "atheist."

So...how do you expect me to respond? You want me to say "oh, gosh, yeah, we're all thoughtless scum who aren't creative because we don't believe in an all powerful stalker."

If you're going to spoon it out...you know the rest.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The man speaks his mind and he’s a coward?
You are using the wrong application for the word “coward,” my friend.
Misapplying words in a sentence shows a poor understanding and use of the language.
In this specific context, Dave claimed Catcher did a thing and then refused to back it up. It was insulting to Catcher, a falsehood, and Catcher was correct in calling Dave on it.

You're totally correct in that Dave isn't afraid to speak his mind about his strange and delusional understanding of the universe. He does seem adverse to actually reading about how the universe works, though.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Well, one out of three ain't bad!

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Macaroni and Cheese!!!!
Now that I do believe in.
And hamburgers! Yum!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
And hamburgers! Yum!
Get over here and get yer hugs.

Yup. You've earned 'em.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
I have a big toe.
I never said that was an issue, did I?
Aerobatty wrote:
Two, in fact.
As we all do. I never disputed that you did, also, the number of "big toes" was never in question.
Aerobatty wrote:
Ergo, I'm a bigtoed atheist.
Your "big toeism" is a separate issue from atheism, or being atheist. I have no doubt there is an atheist somewhere without a big toe, at all. Not even one big toe.
Aerobatty wrote:
And I'm on this thread.
Well, yeah, but this isn't the bigtoed atheist thread, which, is the issue at hand....erm afoot, as it were.
Aerobatty wrote:
Sometimes I think you're just being argumentative, scar.
I wouldn't say that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Lucifer wrote:
<quoted text>I do have some eye of newt, my three little witches gave me some- Pelosi Boxer and Hilary.
But they do not have the power of cheese.:)

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The man speaks his mind and he’s a coward?
You are using the wrong application for the word “coward,” my friend.
Misapplying words in a sentence shows a poor understanding and use of the language.
"The man speaks his mind and he’s a coward?" - In some cases, absolutely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Click on the link below and you will see a spider attacking a wasp. Both were captured in amber. Scientist believe this attack happened 100 million years ago.

What is interesting that spiders looked and behave the same way as they did millions of years ago. Not much has changed in 100 million years.

I could support evolution if spiders had evolved to the point of using shoulder fired missiles that would lock on to their target and knock them out of the sky. But spiders still use the ole build a trap method. This doesn’t say much for evolution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/anci...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
In this specific context, Dave claimed Catcher did a thing and then refused to back it up. It was insulting to Catcher, a falsehood, and Catcher was correct in calling Dave on it.
You're totally correct in that Dave isn't afraid to speak his mind about his strange and delusional understanding of the universe. He does seem adverse to actually reading about how the universe works, though.
Ah, sweetness.

Catcher is a poseur, has alleged many things without backing them up, and Dave doesn't fall for the badger game. He knows I was right, whatever I said.

Your reality is what you read. Which is why you believe anything you read. My reality is observing and thinking. And being quite discerning in what I do read, which, BTW, started long before you were born.

Your tag line says a lot about your motivations for being on here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, sweetness.
Catcher is a poseur, has alleged many things without backing them up, and Dave doesn't fall for the badger game. He knows I was right, whatever I said.
Your reality is what you read. Which is why you believe anything you read. My reality is observing and thinking. And being quite discerning in what I do read, which, BTW, started long before you were born.
Your tag line says a lot about your motivations for being on here.
You're a clown.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

And if we are going to talk about being responsible for producing media that could spark violence or encourage killings...

If these are ok, Why are these ok but the triffle spoof youtube video bad?

Actually if you watch the entire spoof video you see they are talking about the prophet of violent radicals and the spoof is on the twisted way THEY see the prophet. Moderate Muslims should understand this and agree that radicals misuse the prophet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Where's OYE?

Truly great Christians are so few and far apart.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
But spiders still use the ole build a trap method. This doesn’t say much for evolution.
On the contrary, it says a great deal for evolution, since evolution says that variation is selected for by the environment. If the spider's environment doesn't change much, then the spider population isn't going to change much, either.

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Saint Augustine wrote:
Where's OYE?
Truly great Christians are so few and far apart.
Other than Jesus Christ, I'm the best of 'em all. I detest heresy from Cathylicks, Mormons and Jeehovy Witnesses. I'm America's Best Christian. Praise!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you have been caught in a few slip ups.
You done it again, Eagle.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a clown.
Get your eyes checked. I'm a chimp.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.

I'm hoping Dave will reevaluate.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,401 - 124,420 of223,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••