Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#128908 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you would lie aobut it in any case. Obviously, you measure your lack based on her slightly having less lack. In most cases it gets rubbed in her face. I bet you have never asked her for links, or research any of her nonsense. If your intent was to learn, then Buck and Dave would have reached you long ago, like they did her, and caused her to build her cocoon.

This is where you cry, whine, and pout and ask for help, and hope you have not embarassed yourself too much.:)
I'm simply amazed that somebody as daft as you can even function in modern society.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#128909 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?!
He's not even coherent.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128910 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a joke, and only the midgetbots in your lil group, can't see it. Why exactly would you tell us that you are a professional, so as to try to give yourself credibility? Why? Why, then spend the rest of the post with a copuy/paste of some other professionals opinion, which is not yours. If you could understand it, then you would provide the link, but explain it in your own words. I mean, you being a professional in the field and all of that stuff, you know!
She's done that, ad infinitum, to morons like you to no avail.

Why she still even wastes time on idiots like you is beyond me.

Hopefully, somebody with half a brain reads her.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128912 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Buck is ideologically driven though very intelligent superstition sways his
compass , leaving him in a quagmire of philosophical bull crap.
Hfy is scientifically driven to find methodically the answer to
problems beyond your scope of comprehension. Actually this is beyond the scope of anyone who presents a case from a theological position which , point in case so happens to be philosophically and ideologically driven agendas.

The technologically and scientifically driven minds are more in alignment with logically driven understanding , and not corrupted by agenda driven preferences like so many theist thinking minds are. In fact I embarrass myself often enough but do not make the mistake of the theist , and not acknowledge that in fact are flawed and human with these frailties.

All in all points considered Buck as well as Dave are both your superior, but fall short due to the limitation's they impose on themselves. That means you are in the dust of Dave. Tell us now how that feels?
That's embarrassing.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#128913 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Dave is published.
On the Internet!
Oh, fugg me... Think I'll check out the "Women Who Like to Breastfeed Men" thread and pretend I never saw this.

Location hidden

#128917 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
She's done that, ad infinitum, to morons like you to no avail.
Why she still even wastes time on idiots like you is beyond me.
Hopefully, somebody with half a brain reads her.
It appears one does. You.
tinydropthestick gooddog

Toorak, Australia

#128919 Oct 10, 2012
atheism is not a matter of belief - it is a matter of science fact .

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128920 Oct 10, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you will buy a book by someone in physics or cosmology with a theory dealing with things they can't see or directly measure, and you accept it as the total truth.
Says who?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128921 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So... Humans have been getting weaker for 30,000 years? And accelerated 12,000 years ago? Why would one assume that?
Agriculture?

Farming made life easier?

Just a guess.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128922 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>More assumptions? For your information, I haven't had a college education because I can't afford it.

But thanks for throwing that in my face, I appreciate it.

"Unlike me, you know almost nothing." eh? You seem to know a lot about ONE thing, bullshit.
It's possible to learn things without a college education.

It would appear you haven't bothered.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128923 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Riiiiight.... Because the Bible is so full of gay this & gay that...

It's only mentioned a few times, it's not that big of a deal as you think.

My bigotry of gays stems from the attitude of gays. They think that because they're gay, everyone needs to accept them & move on. That's the wrong attitute to have.
Why?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128924 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that at all, quite the contrary. It's atheists that "actually believe that their inability to imagine something and their lack of knowledge of something are arguments against that thing".

Atheists, it seems, live their lives with a very closed mind with almost no ability to imagine or dream, because imagiation & dreams can't be proven.
Now you just sound desperate.

Location hidden

#128925 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you just sound desperate.
Bat Boy, why do you want to get off this planet?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128926 Oct 10, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you take anything written by man as an absolute truth you are doing so based on faith in the veracity of the writer, and subject to personal interpretations of the words used.

You're gonna lose if you bet your life's savings on it.

In this instance of the gentleman's reasons, he needs to go back to the first few pages of that book. In the beginning. Man got cast out and was then on born to suffer on his own. Getting back to the good life is an individual endeavor. Whining and moaning don't do it. Simple fact is you have to dissociate yourself from greater mankind, being just one of the herd and its mindset, to establishing a personal relationship with the creative force so you can find the way back. Mankind is in the open range, not in a dairy barn.

However, feel free to continue saying moo if it suits you. If you feel you are one of the smartest cows in the herd, why would you want to complicate your life here any? Just hope the cattle trucks and cowboys don't show up. Those smarts that gave you status in the herd ain't going to do you much good by that time.

:-)

Good morning, sweetie.

<smooch>
I'd hardly say that atheists, being the tiny minority we are, can be accused of having a herd mentality.

In fact, it's been said that trying to organize atheists is akin to herding cats.

I don't know if you know what that means. In case you don't, cats are very difficult to herd.

What was that you said?

Moo?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128927 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So, basically, Satan spoke, he listened. Got it.
Satan=reason.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#128929 Oct 10, 2012
Lucifer wrote:
May I join in
Why of course, Mr. Lucifer.

Allow me to introduce you to Dave Nelson.

He's the thread coward.

The Borderland of Sol

#128930 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, I wold have to be stupid like you. But,in typical fashion, when your crew is bested you have to try to bring your gutter into society. Get a clue.
Wait, what?

Aero has a crew??

Dammit, all I have are minions and a congregation!

The Borderland of Sol

#128931 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Agriculture?
Farming made life easier?
Just a guess.
Beer.

The Borderland of Sol

#128932 Oct 10, 2012
Lucifer wrote:
May I join in
Of course. Welcome.

If you're new to Topix, I recommend that you read for a bit, and familiarize yourself with the territory and the characters.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128933 Oct 10, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is a lie!
Nuh uh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 10 min Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr Patrick 3
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Richardfs 674
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr Andre 463

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE