Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,216)

Showing posts 124,301 - 124,320 of218,172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a "poke" game sort of like "spin the bottle"?
The adult version. LOL

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's not fit for children to watch.
Well, it is rated R18, but I watched it at 12 years old and look at me today!

(Don't say anything)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree , but when someone expresses themselves in a way you I not like , I turn my head and ignore them.
Sorry you and Christine take what I said way to personal.
It wasn't directed at you or her , but mostly those who would censor you and I or Muslims who get mad at a stupid film and go kill people who did nothing.
After all I don't rant anti Muslim crap on here and didn't make the movie. I've no doubt most Muslims are probably pretty good people , they are the ones who live and suffer from the extremists the same as we do.
I've just had enough of both of them , the people who make such movies and the people who would kill others because of it.
And btw if I don't like the movie you made them fuck me too!
lol
That's the problem, mate. We see triggers like the film, or people burning a US Flag, or something like that, and we get pissed at the group. Hell, when 9/11 happened, and I saw the people burning US Flags, I even hoped that you guys nuke the bastards.

But, that was then. I was only 15 years old. My perspective did change somewhat.

We must remember that for every one person that captures the public attention, there are a million whose stories are not told.

And this happens on both sides. There have been acts of terror against your troops,as there have been acts of murder and rape commited by some of your soldiers. In both cases, the horrible acts were perpetrated by one or two bad apples.

For that reason, I feel that we should use our freedom of speech discreetly.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it is rated R18, but I watched it at 12 years old and look at me today!
(Don't say anything)
You're a Gelding? I was just looking closely at your pic.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

preterism wrote:
<quoted text> When and what made you to believe there is no God.
Nice twist!!

I don't believe that there is no god; there is no evidence that there is a god.

Why do you believe in a god? What evidence do you have? Ignorance is not evidence!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Gelding? I was just looking closely at your pic.
No!

Was a very cold day...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

AmericasBestChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why we are called upon to detest all unsaved trash, including MORMONS...The Bible COMMANDS us to DETEST all those who are not TRUE Christians and God told me to hate the likes of FAKE Christians like you. You are no longer an individual. You are promote HERESY. There is a difference. Glory!
Christian knife fight.

They're the best.
moki

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How much Rum do you have?
I'll teach this time.
I have some Schnapps at home. What's yr fave drink River?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

moki wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some Schnapps at home. What's yr fave drink River?
Water

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read the entire article, Dave. Here is what caught my eye.
<quoted text>
He obviously wasn't as incapable of consciousness as was thought.
He doesn't attempt to explain how he went from essentially brain dead, with a doctor looking to see if they should discontinue to brain alive, in the blink of an eye. Obviously the machinery and all indications were pointing to his being a vegetable.
Yet, he blinks his eyes, voilą! From brain dead to brain function in a blink?
He continues...
<quoted text>
There is no fact involved above at all - that he experienced what he claims while in a coma.
It could have occurred as he slipped into a coma, as he was exiting the coma, or, a dream later on.
There is no fact involved there, its an assertion, an anecdote.
<quoted text>
Minute medical observation? The cortex jumps from an infected and ravaged - completely shut down -(no go)- to - GO!- in the blink of an eye?
It's just an anecdotal story, Dave.
That's all.
That it is a doctor relaying the story adds no weight or special relevance.
You would say it was scientific proof if he said he didn't remember a thing.

He was a neurosurgeon. He was on some sort of life support with his fellow doctors watching over him. Not a guy off the street. I am sure he has given considerable thought to the experience from his professional and educational background.

Yes, these memories could be the result of a transitional stage from his coma to consciousness again. If you have a memory it is because it was written in your physical brain. However, whatever occurred during the coma translated into some coherent stream of consciousness when the light came back on.

There is just no way science can determine what goes on in the subconscious during such an event. The fact is he survived. Whether he would have laying out in the wilderness, where the species developed, versus being under life support, is another story. During the coma he was evidently doing some self repair.

I've been knocked out for surgery and didn't remember a damned thing, and I have had a NDE as the result of severe trauma and I had memories, visual ones only, of that unconscious state. They were different than his, and of much shorter duration.

The really telling point of such experiences is the fear of death you have tends to evaporate afterwards. What was a remote concept of it all ending and going to the big sleep turns into a reality. Your consciousness doesn't die. It isn't the same as here, that is because of the physical addons of life experience, but there is a core that remains. You can still have reservations about physical death, but primarily abut how you die. A quality of physical comfort thing.

You have to be on the inside of such experiences to understand.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what happened to you, Dave?
Did some type of otherworldly magnetic bug thingy get in your ear and lay an egg, Dave?
Aren't you that hateful atheist I saw on another bigtoed atheist thread?

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian knife fight.
They're the best.
Don't you love the way he (it is our old friend Viking in new socks) rewrites the Bible to suit whatever hallucination he is currently having ?

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Water
LOL

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you that hateful atheist I saw on another bigtoed atheist thread?
That was one of your own socks, VIking.

Your MPD sucks doesn't it ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

What is the benefit in believing you are just a glorified piece of stellar shit coming and going in a flash?

Does that benefit you? No, it benefits those that can exploit you by your believing it.

This is YOUR time in the sun.

The serpent in the Garden told Eve she would surely not die if she knew the "truth". She was a construct, a physical being vulnerable to other physical things. She and Adam lost faith in that which created them to protect and maintain them. Fear of death was introduced to mankind.

The serpent is whispering in your ear again with this "knowledge" that you are just a piece of stellar shit.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
What is the benefit in believing you are just a glorified piece of stellar shit coming and going in a flash?
Does that benefit you? No, it benefits those that can exploit you by your believing it.
This is YOUR time in the sun.
The serpent in the Garden told Eve she would surely not die if she knew the "truth". She was a construct, a physical being vulnerable to other physical things. She and Adam lost faith in that which created them to protect and maintain them. Fear of death was introduced to mankind.
The serpent is whispering in your ear again with this "knowledge" that you are just a piece of stellar shit.
Begone serpent! Shaddup ! "stuffs a carrot in Dave's mouth"
Dave? Dave's not here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Begone serpent! Shaddup ! "stuffs a carrot in Dave's mouth"
Dave? Dave's not here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Be careful not to get sssssunburned, ssssilly man.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful not to get sssssunburned, ssssilly man.
You've failed to convince anyone that your god is real. Go back to your cult and concoct some more lies about atheists and science and see if those stick.

Hint: They won't because you are a proven liar lying about a god that isn't real.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've failed to convince anyone that your god is real. Go back to your cult and concoct some more lies about atheists and science and see if those stick.
Hint: They won't because you are a proven liar lying about a god that isn't real.
Ssssilly Sssskeptic.

You will never ssssee anything but yourssself unlesssss you take your head out of your asssss.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How much Rum do you have?
I'll teach this time.
Never enough.

Teach away!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,301 - 124,320 of218,172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••