Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 240054 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#128893 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More assumptions? For your information, I haven't had a college education because I can't afford it.
But thanks for throwing that in my face, I appreciate it.
"Unlike me, you know almost nothing." eh? You seem to know a lot about ONE thing, bullshit.
Actually she knows a great deal about evolution, biology and anthropology as well as paleontology.
Expand that to sociology and related fields but does have an advanced understanding of science as well as many other things.
She doesn't rub that in your face , but does try to share some of it with you. You would do well to simply listen, this i the part where you nod your head yes, then do so afterwards :)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#128895 Oct 10, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you will buy a book by someone in physics or cosmology with a theory dealing with things they can't see or directly measure, and you accept it as the total truth.
Nope.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#128900 Oct 10, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet.
Why would it matter if I could?
To know ther truth that you esgerly desire as we all do.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#128902 Oct 10, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>That is called a barycenter, the point where all mass of the galaxy orbits. Where it all balances out. Like two bodies on a seesaw, but rotary. It is also the point other galaxies balance with in relation to the Milky Way. It will shift a bit. Like an uneven wheel. Kind of a focal point and gateway to the rest of the universal mass and overall balance. The gas clouds will head to it.
That is called a super massive black hole.

That can be determined by the orbiting stars around it and the apparent size of the object.

It can only be a super massive black hole.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128903 Oct 10, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Again you attribute false quotes to me. I said it was the balance point of the mass in the galaxy. You have issues with your understanding or you are dishonest.

Look up barycenter.
Look up super massive black hole.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128904 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately , the center of the galaxy cant be explained as only the barycenter of all other mass.

But lQQky here what I found. I wonder what people will say about this?

Here are your own words.......

""""The barycenter of the earth/sun lies almost dead center of the sun. That would make the biomass of humanity, which by the way is now the largest biomass on the planet, just about dead center. The barycenter is the point of overlapping gravity and the common point objects orbit about. The entire universe is tied together.

Theoretically, as gravity is considered a universal force, your moving an arm will move its barycenter within the sun, or vice versa. Or even with Alpha Centauri.""" "

I can identify some of this concept , but its shewed in Dave fashion for sure.

http://www.leedskalnin.com/DaveNelson-3.html
Wow.

Dave is published.

On the Internet!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128905 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
The oscillations of a pendulum create time. The motion counteracts gravity. That pendulum oscillates until gravity finally overcomes the momentum of motion, then it lines up with the most density of matter in a straight line, which appears to be through the center of the earth, but is actually the diameter. Over a period of time that pendulum should point to the sun, then the next largest density, and so on until it points to the singularity we burst upon the scene from.

http://www.leedskalnin.com/DaveNelson-3.html

Bubble bursting insight into Daveology ha ha hah!
Another glorious fart bubble from Dave.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#128906 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you would lie aobut it in any case. Obviously, you measure your lack based on her slightly having less lack. In most cases it gets rubbed in her face. I bet you have never asked her for links, or research any of her nonsense. If your intent was to learn, then Buck and Dave would have reached you long ago, like they did her, and caused her to build her cocoon.
This is where you cry, whine, and pout and ask for help, and hope you have not embarassed yourself too much.:)
Buck is ideologically driven though very intelligent superstition sways his
compass , leaving him in a quagmire of philosophical bull crap.
Hfy is scientifically driven to find methodically the answer to
problems beyond your scope of comprehension. Actually this is beyond the scope of anyone who presents a case from a theological position which , point in case so happens to be philosophically and ideologically driven agendas.

The technologically and scientifically driven minds are more in alignment with logically driven understanding , and not corrupted by agenda driven preferences like so many theist thinking minds are. In fact I embarrass myself often enough but do not make the mistake of the theist , and not acknowledge that in fact are flawed and human with these frailties.

All in all points considered Buck as well as Dave are both your superior, but fall short due to the limitation's they impose on themselves. That means you are in the dust of Dave. Tell us now how that feels?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128907 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because he does not share your skewed and misappropriated view of evolution, does not mean that he does not understand it. Consensus to agree with you, does not equate to understanding and neither does consensus to a common idea. For instance, you think that lab breeding is evolution and it is not, and neither is dropping a bomb on millions and changing the makeup of that country, nor invading a country and exterminating them, because you can.

The problem with evolution even in a theoretical soup, is that much of it is not natural, even in observation. You can not obvserve the nature of a lion, while you have it caged. It is like observing gays who died of AIDS, and then promoting that as a study of gays. Oh yeah, they did that, despite the fact that normal peopleknow that AIDS is not innate or natural, even for gays. Based, on your theory with gays accounting for upwards of 80% of all AIDS cases, that would have to be evolution and the 53% suicides being gays would also have to be evolution.

Care to recant.
Are you serious?!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128908 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you would lie aobut it in any case. Obviously, you measure your lack based on her slightly having less lack. In most cases it gets rubbed in her face. I bet you have never asked her for links, or research any of her nonsense. If your intent was to learn, then Buck and Dave would have reached you long ago, like they did her, and caused her to build her cocoon.

This is where you cry, whine, and pout and ask for help, and hope you have not embarassed yourself too much.:)
I'm simply amazed that somebody as daft as you can even function in modern society.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#128909 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?!
He's not even coherent.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128910 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a joke, and only the midgetbots in your lil group, can't see it. Why exactly would you tell us that you are a professional, so as to try to give yourself credibility? Why? Why, then spend the rest of the post with a copuy/paste of some other professionals opinion, which is not yours. If you could understand it, then you would provide the link, but explain it in your own words. I mean, you being a professional in the field and all of that stuff, you know!
She's done that, ad infinitum, to morons like you to no avail.

Why she still even wastes time on idiots like you is beyond me.

Hopefully, somebody with half a brain reads her.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128912 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Buck is ideologically driven though very intelligent superstition sways his
compass , leaving him in a quagmire of philosophical bull crap.
Hfy is scientifically driven to find methodically the answer to
problems beyond your scope of comprehension. Actually this is beyond the scope of anyone who presents a case from a theological position which , point in case so happens to be philosophically and ideologically driven agendas.

The technologically and scientifically driven minds are more in alignment with logically driven understanding , and not corrupted by agenda driven preferences like so many theist thinking minds are. In fact I embarrass myself often enough but do not make the mistake of the theist , and not acknowledge that in fact are flawed and human with these frailties.

All in all points considered Buck as well as Dave are both your superior, but fall short due to the limitation's they impose on themselves. That means you are in the dust of Dave. Tell us now how that feels?
That's embarrassing.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#128913 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Dave is published.
On the Internet!
Oh, fugg me... Think I'll check out the "Women Who Like to Breastfeed Men" thread and pretend I never saw this.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#128917 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
She's done that, ad infinitum, to morons like you to no avail.
Why she still even wastes time on idiots like you is beyond me.
Hopefully, somebody with half a brain reads her.
It appears one does. You.
tinydropthestick gooddog

Toorak, Australia

#128919 Oct 10, 2012
atheism is not a matter of belief - it is a matter of science fact .

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128920 Oct 10, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you will buy a book by someone in physics or cosmology with a theory dealing with things they can't see or directly measure, and you accept it as the total truth.
Says who?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128921 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So... Humans have been getting weaker for 30,000 years? And accelerated 12,000 years ago? Why would one assume that?
Agriculture?

Farming made life easier?

Just a guess.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128922 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>More assumptions? For your information, I haven't had a college education because I can't afford it.

But thanks for throwing that in my face, I appreciate it.

"Unlike me, you know almost nothing." eh? You seem to know a lot about ONE thing, bullshit.
It's possible to learn things without a college education.

It would appear you haven't bothered.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#128923 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Riiiiight.... Because the Bible is so full of gay this & gay that...

It's only mentioned a few times, it's not that big of a deal as you think.

My bigotry of gays stems from the attitude of gays. They think that because they're gay, everyone needs to accept them & move on. That's the wrong attitute to have.
Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineM 2,238
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Thinking 7,667
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr NoahLovesU 19,150
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 11 hr The_Box 139
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 15 hr Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 15 hr Reason Personified 14,660
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Mon NoahLovesU 7,514
More from around the web