Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,212)

Showing posts 124,221 - 124,240 of222,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When they band together they are no longer individuals. There is a difference.
.. no group of people will see all things identically. My point is rather simple - the individual must be considered, not the group ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity. I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.
<< smooch >>

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no group of people will see all things identically. My point is rather simple - the individual must be considered, not the group ..
Like I said, when it becomes a group, it becomes something else.

If you identify yourself as part of a group, then you lose your individual identity, You become a gang.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>When all the gays go to a Muslim country and march for this so-called right and come out victorious, then I will listen to the madness.
Don't bring your insanity to my land of the free, which is granted by virtue of my religion, and then try to assume gay insanity on us. Gays have the right to be gay as far as their door and skin reaches, when gays reached into my house and into my skin, then it is time to shut the gay closet door shut along with their hate.
What about all those gay friends you speak of? Do you "shut the gay closet dooor shut" on them? Whatever that means. It's time for you to open your gay closet door open.

Chewy toy?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I was bad I'm sorry I really didn't mean anyone in this forum anyway. I somewhat know you all , which means I do have feelings for you and couldn't hurt you, you especially. Dave would have to get 50 lash's wet noodle though.
Martintina Numbskulvolia would get thrown into a locked gay bath where he would have to spend the rest of his life.
But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity.
I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.
I still like you. And btw, I have nothing against men. It's not their fault that they were born that way.

:-)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text> the gays are expanding.
As is your stupidity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10...

A neurosurgeon.

Of course, there will be those on here that say it was impossible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good try.
"That was" is implied.
But I like that you are showing an interest in grammar.
It's about time!
Another improper sentence.

"Good try."

The teacher has a double standard. Itís ok for him to use improper grammar but itís not ok for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

http://scitechdaily.com/herschel-discovers-wa...

"ESAís Herschel space observatory has discovered enough water vapor to fill Earthís oceans more than 2000 times over, in a gas and dust cloud that is on the verge of collapsing into a new Sun-like star."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

http://www.viewzone.com/rap.html

Atheist puppet masters.

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha oh my.. no I meant that it's a relief that this person is an intentionally inflammatory troll, not that I was relieved that they had some issues in childhood.
hee,hee, hee

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to the power of the internet, I know that I should be offended at this remark. But gweilo is such a fun word to say, so I'm not.
hahaha!

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
How did your friend figure the strength of a supposed 26,000 year old woman?
PUUHHH-LEASE
You honestly know next to nothing about this stuff, hey?

It's easy: you look at the bone density, muscle attachment sites and joint sizes.

Strong muscles compress bones, increasing the density (you see this not only in the mass of the bone, but in the cellular structure). Muscle attachment sites are either large (powerful muscles) or small (weak). Joints are mechanical in nature; there are mathematical relationships between the size of the parts and how much force they can take.

The above is how we know that neanderthals were so strong, they could crush the bones of your hand with a handshake. They were stronger than contemporaneous humans - but the woman my friend dug up was a human.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/n ewsweek/2012/10/07/proof-of-he aven-a-doctor-s-experience-wit h-the-afterlife.html
A neurosurgeon.
Of course, there will be those on here that say it was impossible.
Near death experience. Doesn't count. Nothing even vaguely supernatural happens in reality, but upon dying -yahoo!- the metaphysical carnival begins. Hope you reincarnate in Camden, New Jersey.

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Naive... That's all you've got? Because I'm for from naive, young man. I look at things objectively, I don't blindly follow like you people do.
You're pretty naive about science and religion. Look at your comments - you actually believe that your inability to imagine something and your lack of knowledge of something are arguments against that thing.

They're not. It just means you don't know what you're talking about (defining features of ignorant and naive).

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a believer in Micro.
micro+miCro+MiCro+MICro+MICro+ MICRO=macro

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I was bad I'm sorry I really didn't mean anyone in this forum anyway. I somewhat know you all , which means I do have feelings for you and couldn't hurt you, you especially. Dave would have to get 50 lash's wet noodle though.
Martintina Numbskulvolia would get thrown into a locked gay bath where he would have to spend the rest of his life.
But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity.
I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.
It's all good, don't worry about it. I've already forgotten about it.

MartinaSirDoc would be pretty happy then!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Near death experience. Doesn't count. Nothing even vaguely supernatural happens in reality, but upon dying -yahoo!- the metaphysical carnival begins. Hope you reincarnate in Camden, New Jersey.
You've led a sheltered life, or extremely myopic,

The bogeyman is waiting for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,221 - 124,240 of222,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 16 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 17 hr Mikko 1,274
The Ultimate Evidence of God Jul 7 Ben_Masada 18
•••
•••