Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258469 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#128732 Oct 9, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I actually prefer you to have your freedom.
But...you might want to say "defend my freedom at all costs" instead of "murder you for my freedom."
I was bad I'm sorry I really didn't mean anyone in this forum anyway. I somewhat know you all , which means I do have feelings for you and couldn't hurt you, you especially. Dave would have to get 50 lash's wet noodle though.
Martintina Numbskulvolia would get thrown into a locked gay bath where he would have to spend the rest of his life.
But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity.
I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#128734 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
How did your friend figure the strength of a supposed 26,000 year old woman?
PUUHHH-LEASE
The muscle connections to her bones were probably similar to a professional athletes.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#128736 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>When all the gays go to a Muslim country and march for this so-called right and come out victorious, then I will listen to the madness.
Don't bring your insanity to my land of the free, which is granted by virtue of my religion, and then try to assume gay insanity on us. Gays have the right to be gay as far as their door and skin reaches, when gays reached into my house and into my skin, then it is time to shut the gay closet door shut along with their hate.

You just can't wash that gay out of your hair can you? lol

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#128739 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I was bad I'm sorry I really didn't mean anyone in this forum anyway. I somewhat know you all , which means I do have feelings for you and couldn't hurt you, you especially. Dave would have to get 50 lash's wet noodle though.
Martintina Numbskulvolia would get thrown into a locked gay bath where he would have to spend the rest of his life.
But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity.
I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.
"Or stain her honor, or her new brocade...."

From Alexander Pope's Rape of the Lock. A zeugma.

:)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#128742 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you did. Gays were born straight, xx or xy, but they chose to change, so what. So, did pedophiles and zoophiliacs, it is only by your assertion of moral superioty over those groups that you even open your mouth. You did this, by proclaiming that you no longer were part of the 302 class, when the same science evidence placed you all there.
Sorry, I have hit my weekly limit of talking to trolls.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#128743 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're an atheist.
Quit being so obtuse.
If I'm talking about atheism & I say "you people", you should know that I mean atheists.
Likewise, if I'm talking about gays & I say "you people", you should know I'm talking about gays.
.. typical man. Expects me to be a mind reader ..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#128746 Oct 9, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When they band together they are no longer individuals. There is a difference.
.. no group of people will see all things identically. My point is rather simple - the individual must be considered, not the group ..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#128749 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity. I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.
<< smooch >>

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#128750 Oct 9, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no group of people will see all things identically. My point is rather simple - the individual must be considered, not the group ..
Like I said, when it becomes a group, it becomes something else.

If you identify yourself as part of a group, then you lose your individual identity, You become a gang.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#128751 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>When all the gays go to a Muslim country and march for this so-called right and come out victorious, then I will listen to the madness.
Don't bring your insanity to my land of the free, which is granted by virtue of my religion, and then try to assume gay insanity on us. Gays have the right to be gay as far as their door and skin reaches, when gays reached into my house and into my skin, then it is time to shut the gay closet door shut along with their hate.
What about all those gay friends you speak of? Do you "shut the gay closet dooor shut" on them? Whatever that means. It's time for you to open your gay closet door open.

Chewy toy?

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#128752 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I was bad I'm sorry I really didn't mean anyone in this forum anyway. I somewhat know you all , which means I do have feelings for you and couldn't hurt you, you especially. Dave would have to get 50 lash's wet noodle though.
Martintina Numbskulvolia would get thrown into a locked gay bath where he would have to spend the rest of his life.
But seriously please forgive my rudeness and insensitivity.
I'm really much more chivalrous than that. I feel as though I bruised my honor though unintentionally.
I still like you. And btw, I have nothing against men. It's not their fault that they were born that way.

:-)

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#128753 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text> the gays are expanding.
As is your stupidity.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#128754 Oct 9, 2012
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10...

A neurosurgeon.

Of course, there will be those on here that say it was impossible.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#128755 Oct 9, 2012

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#128756 Oct 9, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good try.
"That was" is implied.
But I like that you are showing an interest in grammar.
It's about time!
Another improper sentence.

"Good try."

The teacher has a double standard. It’s ok for him to use improper grammar but it’s not ok for me.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#128760 Oct 9, 2012
http://scitechdaily.com/herschel-discovers-wa...

"ESA’s Herschel space observatory has discovered enough water vapor to fill Earth’s oceans more than 2000 times over, in a gas and dust cloud that is on the verge of collapsing into a new Sun-like star."

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#128761 Oct 9, 2012

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#128762 Oct 9, 2012
http://www.viewzone.com/rap.html

Atheist puppet masters.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#128763 Oct 9, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha oh my.. no I meant that it's a relief that this person is an intentionally inflammatory troll, not that I was relieved that they had some issues in childhood.
hee,hee, hee

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#128764 Oct 9, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to the power of the internet, I know that I should be offended at this remark. But gweilo is such a fun word to say, so I'm not.
hahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Taser Face 69,953
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 30,111
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 2 hr orlando 435
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 5 hr Roy 12,673
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr yehoshooah adam 3,779
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 14 hr superwilly 579
News The rise of militant atheism (Sep '09) May 21 online reality bu... 9,236
More from around the web