Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#128592 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No Christine , I understand liability for what we do.
I do not support what the filmmaker put in film, I do support the freedom and right to do so. Yes he could have used better judgement , if he is guilty it is that ,. Guilt for exercising poor judgement.
Now lets talk about the people murdered , they were guilty of what?
I was not apportioning guilt I was highlighting human responsibility. He made the film he was therefor responsible for making the film. No one else, just him and no matter how loud your threats and big your gun or you are never going to change that.

He deliberately edited and dubbed the film after production with the sole intention of inciting hatred against a particular faith, a faith that he is known to violently oppose. Whether he is American or the man from mars will not change that either.

His judgement was not just poor, it was appalling. It is my view based on the known evidence that it caused the reaction that he meant it to cause. He hoped it would stir up trouble he hoped it would cause riots across the Muslim world. Perhaps he got some sort of perverse excitement from the reaction to the film until the murder that such riots inevitably cause.

As they say, itís all fun until someone looses and eye.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#128593 Oct 9, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not you but Aura has threatened it

That isn't true Christine , I only stated I would fight for my freedom against those who would try and take it.
In fact I have at least 150,000,000 friends that will with me.
They call us Americans^^

Location hidden

#128594 Oct 9, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
From what I have read about rape it usually has nothing to do with how a woman dresses or even looks. Many times it really isn't about the sex but exercising power over someone it's a violent attack that can as easily happen to a grandma in a pants suit as a party girl with her clothes painted on. The attacker acts based on opportunity not how a woman is dressed or even looks.
<quoted text>

So the murderous bastards would kill anyway but the film is just an excuse!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#128595 Oct 9, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you saying that if a woman wears provocative clothing, it's partially her fault that she was raped?
Only if the rapist was a member of "their group".

Location hidden

#128596 Oct 9, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo
Methinks she was looking at it from the rapist's POV
Think of it this way: Although she MAY, you won't send your teen daughter out in the street, to walk in the most dangerous part of town at night. Yes, the law is on her side, but best not do anything stupid.
What me and Christine is saying is YES, you have freedoms and liberties. But use them responsibly.
People like Aura somehow twists that message, one of just exercising one's rights responsibly into some kind of anti-American rhetoric. But I think you understand it a bit better
No DF I have not twisted anything , merely stated it is a right to express yourself. I agree the film was a bad idea , but
the response was off the scale of what is acceptable.
It is not the freedom to express yourself that is at fault, nor the filmmaker for doing so(barring any laws broken in making the film) but it is unacceptable to murder someone because I didn't like it, and unacceptable to America (or me) that someone would.

#128597 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But you have become a Muslim apologist, our way is if someone is offended by someones Else's actions then sue them in court , if you have been wronged and "damaged" you can sue them.
That is the way it works Christine , no some Muslim made me mad so I have to go kill one. That's apparently acceptable behavior to Muslims. We all get the filmmaker was wrong , but the response is unacceptable and beneath me as much as you are for apologizing
for it.
Your way is irrelevant outside America

Why the hell is wrong with you? I am not apologising for anything here. I am trying to point out what responsibility is, unlike last nights threats it now appears that itís a concept that you have only just said you understand. Each and every person is responsible for his or her own actions. As far as I know there is no law anywhere to countermand that

Reading the posts for the last couple of weeks I very much doubt whether you all get that the filmmaker was wrong. TBS, LT, Buck and others applaud his actions. It seems itís a very American way to cheer on people who incite hatred.

Location hidden

#128598 Oct 9, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you saying that if a woman wears provocative clothing, it's partially her fault that she was raped?
No Christine did though.

#128599 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No Christine did though.
Not only do you offer threats you lie too. Well done and your credibility sunk even further.

Location hidden

#128600 Oct 9, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your way is irrelevant outside America
Why the hell is wrong with you? I am not apologising for anything here. I am trying to point out what responsibility is, unlike last nights threats it now appears that itís a concept that you have only just said you understand. Each and every person is responsible for his or her own actions. As far as I know there is no law anywhere to countermand that
Reading the posts for the last couple of weeks I very much doubt whether you all get that the filmmaker was wrong. TBS, LT, Buck and others applaud his actions. It seems itís a very American way to cheer on people who incite hatred.

No my way is not irrelevant outside America. In fact British laws
are nearly the same in the matter. If you are wronged by someone "you" can sue them, but it doesn't give you the right to kill someone because my movie made you mad.

#128601 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true Christine , I only stated I would fight for my freedom against those who would try and take it.
In fact I have at least 150,000,000 friends that will with me.
They call us Americans^^
You said and I quote

Sorry I will murder all of you to be free
Endquote

So not only do you lie you have set the scene for how others are going to react to you in future.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#128602 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I am emotionless in the matter.
Uhh Nope.

Case in point: Fu[k you! If you don't like it, fuvck you!

That was you, five pages ago.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think the filmmaker was wrong. But the truth is what does the film have to do with sentencing the specific people who were murdered to die?
If I go to a movie and don't like it I will get up and leave.
It doesn't cause me to kill a German from watching a film about Nazis.
Ah okay. Nice moderated response. I will reply in kind.

I do not condone violence by anyone. Yes, the filmmaker has the right to expression. And yes, so does the people burning US flags/ Union Jacks.

But not condoning violence does NOT mean that I recommend ticking people off.

#128603 Oct 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No DF I have not twisted anything , merely stated it is a right to express yourself. I agree the film was a bad idea , but
the response was off the scale of what is acceptable.
Yes! Now we agree. That is my point.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the freedom to express yourself that is at fault, nor the filmmaker for doing so(barring any laws broken in making the film) but it is unacceptable to murder someone because I didn't like it, and unacceptable to America (or me) that someone would.
Yes, just as it is legal to wander the city streets at 4 AM. Perfectly legal. But, I have a good chance to be mugged/robbed/raped/killed/eat en/sold to slavery when wandering the streets at that time.

I am not saying we should infringe on anyones rights... I am saying we should use them responsibly.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#128604 Oct 9, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Now we agree. That is my point.
<quoted text>
Yes, just as it is legal to wander the city streets at 4 AM. Perfectly legal. But, I have a good chance to be mugged/robbed/raped/killed/eat en/sold to slavery when wandering the streets at that time.
I am not saying we should infringe on anyones rights... I am saying we should use them responsibly.
Goes to show you there is evil in the world. Not just action/reaction or seeking food.

That movie was opportunity. Used as a justification to incite for political reasons more than moral or religious. There has been far worse mockery of Jesus than on these forums than of Mohammed in that movie. Mohammed was a man, Jesus was supposed to be part of divinity.

James Holmes is a strange case. Highly intelligent, educated and informed, yet instead of targeting cops or the bad boys in the hood, he attacked total innocents, and spent some time preparing for it. Up jumped the devil. He was enabled by the dark stuff presented on the media.

These forums may be a vent to release anger on the part of disaffected people, but it is also media. Seeds planted. There is too much emotion in the arguments, and too little rationality.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#128605 Oct 9, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now where did I say ALL? Oh I see lying again, well done.
From what I have seen most of the population (not all by any means) but certainly the majority dislike Muslims. GWBush saw to that in his frustration at not being able to get to those responsible for 9/11 he chose to discredit a religion with the government backing him up.
You may call it a stupid movie, I call it I a deliberate exercise in inciting hatred. Neither is the point, the point is that people are responsible for their actions
Please read my previous reply to inciting rape reply because I am not repeating just for your sexual excitement
Your previous comment didn't answer anything. You just avoided that you said that a person can incite rape upon themselves by attempting to call me a rapist.

#128606 Oct 9, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes to show you there is evil in the world. Not just action/reaction or seeking food.
That movie was opportunity. Used as a justification to incite for political reasons more than moral or religious. There has been far worse mockery of Jesus than on these forums than of Mohammed in that movie. Mohammed was a man, Jesus was supposed to be part of divinity.
James Holmes is a strange case. Highly intelligent, educated and informed, yet instead of targeting cops or the bad boys in the hood, he attacked total innocents, and spent some time preparing for it. Up jumped the devil. He was enabled by the dark stuff presented on the media.
These forums may be a vent to release anger on the part of disaffected people, but it is also media. Seeds planted. There is too much emotion in the arguments, and too little rationality.
Great last sentence.

"When the emotion rises, the IQ drops" - Double Fine

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#128607 Oct 9, 2012
scaritual wrote:
If you can't rebut the points or evidence supplied, that's fine, concede the points raised.
Your tactics along with the tactics of ''modern scholarship'' is selective and therefore discredited. They do not look at all the evidence. They establish a timeline and on that basis reject the Exodus. A TIMELINE FOR THE EXODUS HAS NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED! They also reject the evidence based on anti supernatural bias. Like you they evidence select based on fixed criteria. That means you are not interested in the truth of the matter but only in the propagation of you revisionist anti supernatural agenda. I would add such tactics are juvenile and shoddy.

#128608 Oct 9, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Your previous comment didn't answer anything. You just avoided that you said that a person can incite rape upon themselves by attempting to call me a rapist.
Right

Perhaps you need to re-read the comment

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#128609 Oct 9, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Evolution is the simple outcome of genes, mutation and limited resources. It's a mathematical equation that describes allelic (genes) frequency changes in gene pools. That is established, it won't be superseded. We are building on this knowledge now, not questioning it. For it to be superseded, you'd have to demonstrate that genes don't really exist, mutations don't really exist or the world has unlimited resources or every child successfully survives to adulthood and reproduces the same number of children as everyone else.
Do you believe any of those absurdities?
No. I don't. At least I don't think that humans know all of it. I think that humans are incredibly assumptive & arrogant. We always have been.

I think evolution, as we THINK we know it is today, is absurd. A human bone is stronger than concrete. A human hand has 1,000 miles of nerves in it. A human body has, what, 10 trillion cells in it. And that's just one human. Forget everything else. The odds of evolution happening by random chance is staggeringly high.

Location hidden

#128610 Oct 9, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you moron, invisible foreigners
Lean to read
OK, smart guy. I'll LEAN to read....

LMFAO - You CAN'T be funny, huh?

Location hidden

#128611 Oct 9, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Because the public are uninformed of the facts and the merits of the theory
Yes but that study wasn't done on the public, but on scientists. so...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Patrick 148
Is Religion Childish? 1 hr Patrick 3
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 1 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Richardfs 674
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr Andre 463

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE