Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
123,861 - 123,880 of 224,097 Comments Last updated 54 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128367
Oct 7, 2012
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Maroni be praised! Lol! Hey you gotta be a pervert to be a Mormon they teach God literally had sex with Mary. Joseph had to listen to that outside their home in Nazareth/Bethlehem depending on what gospel you are reading.
Maybe Mitt will talk about if Mary got hers? Lol!
<quoted text>
Latter-day Saints believe in the virgin birth.

As the Church responded to this question posed by Fox News:

The Church does not claim to know how Jesus was conceived but believes the Bible and Book of Mormon references to Jesus being born of the Virgin Mary.[1]
This answer has a long history. In response to a letter "received at the office of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" in 1912, Charles W. Penrose of the First Presidency wrote:

Question 10: Do you believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Ghost, as described in Matthew 1:18-20; Luke 1:35?
Answer: We believe that Jesus of Nazareth "was the only begotten of the Father." It is not stated in either text cited that he was "begotten of the Holy Ghost," and the contrary is described in Luke 1:35. It was the "power of the Highest" that overshadowed Mary, and Jesus was "the Son of the Highest." The Holy Ghost came upon her, she "conceived" under the influence of that divine Spirit, but Jesus is nowhere declared as the Son of the Holy Ghost, but as "the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14; Hebrews 1:5.) Even the sectarian creeds do not fall into the error that beclouds the minds of some apostates, but say of Jesus that He is the Son of God, "conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary," etc

http://en.fairmormon.org/Jesus_Christ/Concept...

Mormons are no different than other christian sects.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128368
Oct 7, 2012
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Latter-day Saints believe in the virgin birth.
As the Church responded to this question posed by Fox News:
The Church does not claim to know how Jesus was conceived but believes the Bible and Book of Mormon references to Jesus being born of the Virgin Mary.[1]
This answer has a long history. In response to a letter "received at the office of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" in 1912, Charles W. Penrose of the First Presidency wrote:
Question 10: Do you believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Ghost, as described in Matthew 1:18-20; Luke 1:35?
Answer: We believe that Jesus of Nazareth "was the only begotten of the Father." It is not stated in either text cited that he was "begotten of the Holy Ghost," and the contrary is described in Luke 1:35. It was the "power of the Highest" that overshadowed Mary, and Jesus was "the Son of the Highest." The Holy Ghost came upon her, she "conceived" under the influence of that divine Spirit, but Jesus is nowhere declared as the Son of the Holy Ghost, but as "the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14; Hebrews 1:5.) Even the sectarian creeds do not fall into the error that beclouds the minds of some apostates, but say of Jesus that He is the Son of God, "conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary," etc
http://en.fairmormon.org/Jesus_Christ/Concept...
Mormons are no different than other christian sects.
Yeah, they're all equally out there.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128369
Oct 7, 2012
 

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128370
Oct 7, 2012
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
I even have some videos by former Mormon head preachers on the subject.
Former Mormon head preachers.

That's not a title I would walk to with open arms.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128371
Oct 8, 2012
 
The one guy on the atheist experiance was in the inaugural class at BYU and was considered a superstar on the Mormon world.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Mormon head preachers.
That's not a title I would walk to with open arms.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128372
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hidingfromyou wrote:
None of my atheist friends talk about deities. They think it's stupid that I come on here to bother with ignorant, uninformed people who despise the wonderful variety of human cultural expression and belief like yourself.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to your friends.
No kidding. My friends mean the religious here, btw.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128373
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I really hope you are a troll.
While I shouldn't even dignify you with a response, I will tell you that your outright hatred for gay people is disgusting, and your contempt for atheists is equally repulsive. Didn't your god tell you to judge not? 50 years ago people like you were using similar arguments against the civil rights movement. And no, I don't want everyone in the world to be an atheist, I just want our government to be as secular as it was intended to be. We are not a theocracy, or at least we should not be. The beliefs of the majority should not be forced on the minority. If I were ever to entertain the idea of running for public office, I should not have to pretend that I love some imaginary fairy in the sky.
As for the last part, about the age of the earth, I don't even know what to say to that. Your ignorance, no, your stupidity, is at a level that I didn't think was possible. I don't even need to address your ridiculous claim about supernovas (which actually occur once every 50 years) to prove you wrong. We know the speed of light, and we can see objects that are much, much farther away than 7k light years. Or are you on of those shining lights of intelligence that thinks the speed of light has slowed down?
Gate Keeper is a troll. Same poster as Sir Doc 1-1000, Martina Naratilova and various other takes on Happy Lesbo.

He's a miserable wretch who hates life so much, he comes on here to share his misery. His deep and abiding concerns are about how pedophilia shaped his life - I keep telling him, it wasn't his fault.

Sad, sad person.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128374
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Replace every mention of homosexuals with "black people, the black agenda, etc," and perhaps you will gain some insight into what a backwards bigot you are.
I'm not holding my breath, though.
Can we replace those words with "white trash" or "white ghost" instead?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128375
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Gate Keeper is a troll. Same poster as Sir Doc 1-1000, Martina Naratilova and various other takes on Happy Lesbo.
He's a miserable wretch who hates life so much, he comes on here to share his misery. His deep and abiding concerns are about how pedophilia shaped his life - I keep telling him, it wasn't his fault.
Sad, sad person.
He's my wittle boi and I'm very pwoud of him. When he was neutered, he stopped whining after 4 weeks. He stopped licking after 12 weeks. He stopped trying to hump the neighbor's Bull Mastiff after the third attempt and 77 stitches.

Hims my wittle boi.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128376
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>...she is gay and gays are designed to try to create separation of religious groups, so they can attack our core base.
Not only God, but the Christian God, and not the other god's they have to choose from.
Gays will be in Hell after their death. That's an important thing to remember.

I'm not tolerant of them , as you might can tell. Neither is God.

He forgives them if they repent, but He will throw them into Hell if they just keep on doing what they are doing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128377
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Helo there :)
Hope you are well!
You have topless weather ladies?
I gotta move to the US
We should, shouldn't we? But in the US, no way.

In this country they are trying to mandate that all children must be born wearing clothing.

Manufacturers are working on bath clothing, that allows the wearer to clean themselves as well as if they were nude.

Breast feeding already is considered lewd and lascivious behavior and will very soon be considered as sexual abuse of a child.

Vaginal delivery of infants will soon be illegal.

As long as the religitatards have a voice here, these absolutely normal activities, will remain in the nasty sinful (and therefore must be curtailed) corner.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128378
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>lulz. You people and your silly ideas.
This wasn't my idea, read back a few pages. The Christain god was claimed to be storms.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128379
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not sure the general public would agree with you. No need for it to be on primetime TV, have you considered the children?
If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.
And can you really say that you would take any notice of the news?
Nudity is normal. Nudity is not sexual. Sex is sexual.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128380
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Nudity is normal. Nudity is not sexual. Sex is sexual.
Righto! That must be why Hugh Hefner is so rich...because nudity isn't remotely sexual to men.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128381
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He's my wittle boi and I'm very pwoud of him. When he was neutered, he stopped whining after 4 weeks. He stopped licking after 12 weeks. He stopped trying to hump the neighbor's Bull Mastiff after the third attempt and 77 stitches.
Hims my wittle boi.
Sounds like you got him all controlled, well done!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128382
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays will be in Hell after their death. That's an important thing to remember.
I'm not tolerant of them , as you might can tell. Neither is God.
He forgives them if they repent, but He will throw them into Hell if they just keep on doing what they are doing.
So you and your so called god are bigots.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128383
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>This wasn't my idea, read back a few pages. The Christain god was claimed to be storms.
NO really? What was the context of that post? If you are referring to the one by me then it should be easy to figure out, for at the end of the comment that I made about "god" and storms, I said that god must be afraid of storms.
Way to pay attention.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128384
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Judge not lest yee be judged.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays will be in Hell after their death. That's an important thing to remember.
I'm not tolerant of them , as you might can tell. Neither is God.
He forgives them if they repent, but He will throw them into Hell if they just keep on doing what they are doing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128385
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/Fear-O f-Death.html
Gary Vey gets on the sensational side, and misses some things, but comes up with interesting things to think about.
LISTEN UP YOU ATHEISTS!!!!!!!
YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!
YOU ARE GOING TO BURN FOREVER!!!
IN ETERNAL AGONY YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!!
YOU ARE DOOMED!!!!
Not even. That's pure silly and you know it too.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128386
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
Judge not lest yee be judged.
<quoted text>
god must be resting, again; and the fundies get to take over for god during his rest. If they say, you are damned to hell; it is like god said it himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Buck Crick 368
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Richardfs 197
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr No-Doubt 270
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr DonPanic 21,384
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 15 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 15 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••