Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#128313 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to your friends.
Hiding HAS friends, Dave.

You on the other hand are relegated to listening to magnetic resonance and deities.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#128314 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana Amnesty Day.
Each person gets to pick their own day, as many as you want.
Shouldn't that read:-
"Marijuana Amnesty Day.
Each person gets to pick their own, as much as you want."

Long Beach, CA

#128315 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana Amnesty Day.
Dave (Colorado) and I (California) benefit from very forgiving state marijuana laws.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#128316 Oct 7, 2012
Bye bye good luck getting the spirit.
modernhippie wrote:
Intelligence doesn't make you smart. The evidence is is here. Memorized scriptures being spit out void of Spirit, and highly educated people claiming that theirs' is the voice of reason yet can't express themselves without insults and right hooks. Your words echo hateful and stupid.
I'm out of here.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#128317 Oct 7, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't that read:-
"Marijuana Amnesty Day.
Each person gets to pick their own, as much as you want."
LOL

Even better.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#128318 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave (Colorado) and I (California) benefit from very forgiving state marijuana laws.
I don't trust the medications out there today, but I know what weed does. I could use some every once in a while.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#128319 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding HAS friends, Dave.
You on the other hand are relegated to listening to magnetic resonance and deities.
I keep waiting for something from you that indicates there is some real depth, personality, intellect, or something of value about you.

I see why you need to cling to whatever is close to you in this current of life, and call them friends.

Location hidden

#128320 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_215506...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#128321 Oct 7, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> From your link: "The information we have regarding the provenance of the Papyrus Ipuwer is that it was copied by 19th Dynasty scribes and constitutes a part of what is known as the Papyrus Leiden 334."
Notice, that it says it was >copied< in the 19th Dynasty.
More about the 19th Dynasty and timeline.
"The Pharaohs of the 19th dynasty ruled for approximately one hundred and ten years: from ca 1292 to 1187 BCE." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteenth_Dynas...
As I said before, the dates do not match. Some more information.
"An Egyptian named Ipuwer wrote it at the end of the Middle Kingdom, around 1650 B.C.E.; scribes copied it in the 19th Dynasty, in the 1200s B.C.E" - Roger Isaacs, Author,'Talking With God'
Ipuwer Papyrus info @wikipedia.
"The dating of the original composition of the poem is disputed, but several scholars have suggested a date between the late 6th dynasty and the Second Intermediate Period (ca. 1850 BCE-1600 BCE),[4] and appears to describe how the Hyksos took over Egypt.
Cut your post for space. There are actually three references. Papyrus Ipuwer
2. Ermitage Papyrus.[The Ermitage-Leningrad]
3. Monolith of El-Arish.[Museum of Ismailia]

Now when His majesty fought against the evil-doers [Israelites] in this pool, the place of the whirlpool, the evil-doers prevailed not over his majesty. His majesty lept into the place of the whirlpool.''It was said he was lifted by a great force.''

http://scienceandhistoryfaith.com/9.html

The land is utterly perished and nought remains.
Perished is the land
The sun is veiled and shines not in the sight of men.
None can live when the sun is veiled by clouds...
The river is dry (even the river) of Egypt.
The earth is fallen into misery...

Ermitage Papyrus.

Long Beach, CA

#128322 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep waiting for something from you that indicates there is some real depth, personality, intellect, or something of value about you.
I'm kind to animals and to the elderly.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#128323 Oct 7, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, Braun's statement came out in 2010. Besides, Obama has been going to gay private clubs since 1999.
No, May 2009. Check it for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Broun

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#128324 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You get that in neighborhoods of big cities.
Georgia came a long ways fast.
I can agree with that somewhat. The larger cities, populated areas, and College towns can and are pretty progressive.

But, some(not all) of the rural areas are just as racist, misogynistic and bigoted as they ever were.

Location hidden

#128325 Oct 7, 2012

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#128326 Oct 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Cut your post for space. There are actually three references. Papyrus Ipuwer
2. Ermitage Papyrus.[The Ermitage-Leningrad]
3. Monolith of El-Arish.[Museum of Ismailia]
Now when His majesty fought against the evil-doers [Israelites] in this pool, the place of the whirlpool, the evil-doers prevailed not over his majesty. His majesty lept into the place of the whirlpool.''It was said he was lifted by a great force.''
http://scienceandhistoryfaith.com/9.html
The land is utterly perished and nought remains.
Perished is the land
The sun is veiled and shines not in the sight of men.
None can live when the sun is veiled by clouds...
The river is dry (even the river) of Egypt.
The earth is fallen into misery...
Ermitage Papyrus.
Try this link

http://sciencehistoryfaith.com/9.html

Location hidden

#128327 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm kind to animals and to the elderly.
You allege such.

Doesn't make it true.

Long Beach, CA

#128328 Oct 7, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, May 2009. Check it for yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Broun
Can anybody spell Larry Craig?

Broun is a political conservative; his fundamentalist religious views inform his politics. In May 2009, Broun proposed failed legislation that would have proclaimed 2010 "The Year Of The Bible".[23] He also introduced a bill to ban the sale or rental of sexually explicit materials on U.S military installations.[24]
In 2008, Broun and 91 co-sponsors introduced H.J.Res.89, a proposition for the Federal Marriage Amendment. The proposed amendment to the United States Constitution would define marriage as "as consisting only of the union of a man and a woman.

He protesteth too much methinks.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#128329 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
You are dissing Hiding and her fellow "informed" and educated" cream of the human race.
No, I'm pointing out that one need not be "intelligent" in order to be educated. You appear to believe otherwise.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You are upset because he is a Republican.
I'm not the least bit "upset". I'm just pointing out that he has an irrational belief, and an especially irrational belief for someone in his position.

Location hidden

#128330 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Broun is a political conservative; his fundamentalist religious views inform his politics. In May 2009, Broun proposed failed legislation that would have proclaimed 2010 "The Year Of The Bible".[23] He also introduced a bill to ban the sale or rental of sexually explicit materials on U.S military installations.[24]
In 2008, Broun and 91 co-sponsors introduced H.J.Res.89, a proposition for the Federal Marriage Amendment. The proposed amendment to the United States Constitution would define marriage as "as consisting only of the union of a man and a woman.
Why don't you go hit on him and see how he responds? You say you are fit, drive snazzy cars, and have money. Catch him in a john somewhere. Expose him. It's your civic duty.

You might enjoy it.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#128331 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always end my propositions with a preposition.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#128332 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana Amnesty Day.
I'd be all for celebrating - "Because" - if there was a festive time called - "Because" - I'd be there.

It would be for everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 48 min 4 Leaf Clover 2,626
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 5,961
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr Richardfs 179
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 6 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr _Bad Company 214
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 9 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web