Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,176)

Showing posts 123,501 - 123,520 of223,144
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any archaeological evidence supporting the Exodus? No. it is a myth: a nationalistic propaganda piece.
Exodus is real.

I have the MP3.

It's by Bob Marley

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's happy. I have inside information on this topic. Bob is happy and does not feel the need to confront the religious.
Thanx.
Godzillla

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's flux density.
Each magnetic flow or electrical flow starts and returns to the same piece of matter. It is a polarity relative only to that chunk.
Garbage yet again. Please learn how it really works. Like this, the rest of your post has no connection with reality.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
What we call space is part of the mechanics of the universe.
Just a charge field occupying a portion of it changes the inherent value of it. Creates a density differential. This is the basis of gravity. This is something you find within atoms, so this is what gives the illusion of gravity being some mysterious inside out phenomenon, and the Higgs' boson theory.
LMAO. Do you have any connection to *real* physics, or do you just make this all up? It looks like the latter. The rest of your post is more of the same fantasy.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>So...no. Modern archaeology does not support Biblical literally. It shows that the Bible is a mythology designed to forge an identity and unity for the ancient Hebrew people. Over the years it was edited repeatedly as the times changed to keep their Holy book relevant.
.. the Book of Mormon claims the Lamanites, a lost tribe from Israel, made their way to the New World around 600 B.C. Their descendants became known as Native Americans ..

.. for decades, archaeologists and linguists outside Mormonism knew Native Americans were not Israelites. Still, LDS apologists dismissed the scientific findings, even changing Lamanite settlements to South American ..

.. enter DNA evidence which conclusively proved Native Americans are not Israelites ..

.. pick up a recent printing of the Book of Mormon. In the introduction, you'll find the following: "Lamanites are the principal ancestors of the American Indians." ..

.. you gotta have faith baby, you gotta have faith ..

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus is real.
I have the MP3.
It's by Bob Marley
Voyage of the people....

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx.
Hey, no problem. If you know him, you could contact him via facebook. If you only know him through here, send him a PM. I'm sure he misses his friends here :)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Garbage yet again. Please learn how it really works. Like this, the rest of your post has no connection with reality.
Funny coming from a guy whose only reality is from the books he reads.

That is how it flows, and the origination of it. On a physical basis.

Give us a physical description the way you KNOW it without the numbers and references to equations and theories, etc.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Do you have any connection to *real* physics, or do you just make this all up? It looks like the latter. The rest of your post is more of the same fantasy.
He just makes it all up. It's real for him. He doesn't need to test it. He can just think it up and it must be so.

Btw, thinking about armchair physics...thinking about 2 dimensions of time and comparing that to "flatland." I think Mrs. Flatland could work out that some circles, but not others, had shadows - and how the shadows worked. I don't know if they could deduce from that that a 3-D world existed and was necessary to have shadows, though.

So what would constitute a "time-shadow"?

And what does it mean if someone says "the second dimension of time is thermal"???

Me no understand :(

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the Book of Mormon claims the Lamanites, a lost tribe from Israel, made their way to the New World around 600 B.C. Their descendants became known as Native Americans ..
.. for decades, archaeologists and linguists outside Mormonism knew Native Americans were not Israelites. Still, LDS apologists dismissed the scientific findings, even changing Lamanite settlements to South American ..
.. enter DNA evidence which conclusively proved Native Americans are not Israelites ..
.. pick up a recent printing of the Book of Mormon. In the introduction, you'll find the following: "Lamanites are the principal ancestors of the American Indians." ..
.. you gotta have faith baby, you gotta have faith ..
Totally, totally, totally.

Sam Harris said that we can determine that some religions are worse than others. "Mormonism," he said, "is objectively less real than Christianity because it's just Christianity with a bunch of extra stupid stuff thrown in."

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, what is dark matter then?
We don't know its composition. We do know locations, though.
Uhm...what are they actually monitoring if not black holes?
Oh wise one, tell us all!
Black holes are not part of the dark matter. That is one aspect that we do know (if it were, the effects on the background radiation would be quite different).

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
What we call space is part of the mechanics of the universe.
Just a charge field occupying a portion of it changes the inherent value of it. Creates a density differential. This is the basis of gravity. This is something you find within atoms, so this is what gives the illusion of gravity being some mysterious inside out phenomenon, and the Higgs' boson theory.
It gets pumped by motion.
Your particle wave duality is nothing but this motion wrapped into a packet, particles, moving through space, creating a wave.
You can't move a "particle" without moving the space with it. Space gets displaced. There is your dark energy. Lot more space out there than matter.
You will find some theories of the Big Bang where the universe was monolithic, and the Big Bang was a singularity that expanded in it, creating our local version of space, and matter from that expanding bubble of that monolithic universe substance. So space is very much part of the circuitry. You can't have motion without it.
But then you have what was this monolithic universe our bubble was created in. On paper and mathwise, it is just a starting point, but in actuality, it had to be something.
But then this whole universe may be more illusory than you can imagine right now.
Seriously, grab a real text book on Physics and Math you are just embarrassing yourself.

You do realize we are just laughing AT you?

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, grab a real text book on Physics and Math you are just embarrassing yourself.
You laugh at him all you want. I will just give a short chortle and skip :)
:)
:)
Chortles save time! Chortle power!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus is real.
I have the MP3.
It's by Bob Marley
I have seen the film.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally, totally, totally.
Sam Harris said that we can determine that some religions are worse than others. "Mormonism," he said, "is objectively less real than Christianity because it's just Christianity with a bunch of extra stupid stuff thrown in."
.. and, still, Mormonism is the fastest growing faith in the world ..

.. they have great CEOs, a well organized staff and magnificent temples ..

.. and when you die, you rule your very own planet with your spouse, children and dog ..

"Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak;
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He just makes it all up. It's real for him. He doesn't need to test it. He can just think it up and it must be so.
Btw, thinking about armchair physics...thinking about 2 dimensions of time and comparing that to "flatland." I think Mrs. Flatland could work out that some circles, but not others, had shadows - and how the shadows worked. I don't know if they could deduce from that that a 3-D world existed and was necessary to have shadows, though.
So what would constitute a "time-shadow"?
And what does it mean if someone says "the second dimension of time is thermal"???
Me no understand :(
Try casting a shadow without a source of energy or something you can measure from another dimension. Such as the beam of light hitting a wall you make your shadow puppets with. Hence 3 dimensions.

Stupid woman. Any elementary school child can figure that out.

However, that source has to wrap around and interact with those hands. The beam gets redirected and the shadow is the subtracted energy hitting the wall. You have to be in junior high for that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your laughs, like you intellect, have no substance, therefore no effect.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know its composition. We do know locations, though.
<quoted text>
Black holes are not part of the dark matter. That is one aspect that we do know (if it were, the effects on the background radiation would be quite different).
That isn't correct poly , there are several variations of hypothesis where black holes are constituting part of what considered dark matter. Here is one.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Exactly....
None of you atheists can prove a black hole OR dark matter.
But you allow them to "explain" the unexplainable....
Atheism DOES require faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 123,501 - 123,520 of223,144
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••