Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239259 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#127818 Oct 5, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.
I AM the teacher.
And you have earned an F so far.
Nope, you're the snitch hall monitor.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#127819 Oct 5, 2012
Funny, poly. I have a book that says the Exodus IS real...
Sorry, but the actual facts don't support your "evidence".

Southern Illinois

#127820 Oct 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Eagle, You proved you can be humurous and intelligent. If all your posts were as good as this one, I know several 'non-believers' who would respect you.
:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#127821 Oct 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he made a reality point.
Archeology in the Middle East is repressed by both sides because of the political implications. Since 1949 the archeology and history of the area has been little science and more "prove my religion".
No, he didn't. Questioning a story whose only evidence is from the bible is not antisemitism. That's ridiculous. He compared 'exodus denial' with holocaust denial, do you really think they're on the same level?

Location hidden

#127822 Oct 5, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth responding to. True.
How so? I am genuinely asking you to give me a primer in Dave world theory. Prove it, and don't tell me to swing magnets around.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#127823 Oct 5, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it go, Scar.
This Eagle dude will never rise above moronic.
Let's take the Jewish approach and passover his post.
You're probably right.

lolerbat...

However, I responded. I'll see how it goes from here.

Southern Illinois

#127824 Oct 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need it to be slave labor so badly, despite the findings of archaeology?
I see your problem here as a general problem of your religion - it denies science. You deny biological science, history and now archaeology.
What you're doing is precisely what the Exodus story in the OT does: creating a mythological story to give you a religious identity.
If you really look at the archeology for the area you will find itís sparse. Iím not talking about pyramids per say. Lots of archeology there but beyond that it is very scarce.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#127825 Oct 5, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Which historians believe this document to be fiction?
Have you stopped beating your wife?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#127826 Oct 5, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
You liked that, eh?
Go ahead, get ready, I'll be in there before long.
NOW is it bedtime?

You need to recharge those magnets, you know.

Location hidden

#127827 Oct 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really look at the archeology for the area you will find itís sparse. Iím not talking about pyramids per say. Lots of archeology there but beyond that it is very scarce.
Even if this were true, so what? You are basically saying that if the bible says something, and there is no historical evidence to confirm or deny it, then it is by default true. Do you realize how absurd that is?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127828 Oct 5, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How so? I am genuinely asking you to give me a primer in Dave world theory. Prove it, and don't tell me to swing magnets around.
Go back through my posts for the last 2 years.

If I thought you were sincere, which I know you aren't, I would consider posting an update of them.

It's all basic applied physics expanded. No voodoo.

“Proverbs 12:16”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#127829 Oct 5, 2012
EMS Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Which historians believe this document to be fiction?
BTW the technical name is Leiden Payprus #344 it is located in the National Archeological Museum in Netherlands.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#127830 Oct 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try reading what the archaeologists have to say:

http://www.ekt.bme.hu/CM-BSC-MSC/WhoBuiltTheP...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#127831 Oct 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Funny, poly. I have a book that says the Exodus IS real...
Sorry, but the actual facts don't support your "evidence".
Again, try reading what archaeologists say.

http://www.ekt.bme.hu/CM-BSC-MSC/WhoBuiltTheP...

Location hidden

#127832 Oct 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Lol

“Proverbs 12:16”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#127833 Oct 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you don't have an answer on any historians who believe that document to be ficiton. So you are speaking from your own "expert opinion"? Do you have a terminal degree in archeology or ancient history?...or was that a comment fired from somewhere other than your mouth?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#127834 Oct 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence in the form of:
1. accounting writings (food and pay for laborers)
2. laborer graves
3. descriptions of where the laborers come from, when they worked
4. descriptions of slaves in Egypt
<quoted text>
Sure. Provide some archaeological evidence, as I have to back up your bold assertions.
<quoted text>
The archaeology is often done by Jews, supported by Israel. They have every reason to say "gosh, look the Bible is legitimate" but they don't, because they're trained archaeologists. And the nation of Israel is stronger than that - they don't need to deny the findings of archaeology to feel good about themselves. They freely acknowledge what the Bible is: a mythology designed to provide cultural identity to the ancient Israelites.
Thanks!

Location hidden

#127835 Oct 5, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back through my posts for the last 2 years.
If I thought you were sincere, which I know you aren't, I would consider posting an update of them.
It's all basic applied physics expanded. No voodoo.
I am certainly not going to do that. But fine.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#127836 Oct 5, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question please. It is a legit question. You made the statement it is fiction. Now back it up.

Florence, KY

#127837 Oct 5, 2012
It is the truth.

Zero proof of Hebrew slaves in Egypt on some massive scale. Egyptians themselves were more likely to be slaves and they were not allowed to work on prestigious projects.

Zero proof of the exodus.

Zero passages in the bible saying Moses' people built the pyramids.

Everything else is your speculation nothing more.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>That very well could have been the case. Except for the fact that slavery was a major part of the time period. And a super power like Egypt couldn’t have that kind of power without slavery. I mean who are we kidding, if we don’t believe slavery was used?

If Hoover Dam had been built in this time period in Egypt. I guarantee you slaves would have been used. Slavery was a part of the landscape. Egypt was no different than any other nation in the region.

If you were the Pharaoh and had a choice between free labor or paid labor which would you have chosen? If you go with paid labor you won’t be able to do major projects without depleting the national treasury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min ChristineM 7,438
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 49 min ChristineM 2,192
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr lozzza 19,050
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 1 hr Exodus771 7,493
News Number of Christians Decline 'Unaffiliated' Ris... 12 hr Thinking 6
News New Atheism's fatal arrogance: The glaring inte... 21 hr EdSed 5
Holidays 21 hr EdSed 4
More from around the web