Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,162)

Showing posts 123,221 - 123,240 of223,091
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
A few ounce magnet can pick up several pounds of steel. This magnet is made from something invisible called electricity and magnetism. A short shot of this stuff makes that magnet strong enough to do that. You can't even weigh it.
It was not the mass, and thus gravity, of atomic particles doing the pick up. Nor the strong nuclear force. Not directly, anyhow.
That same magnetic force transverses billions of light years, if not as a flux, as a photon. Which then imparts a force to mass it impacts. As a packet, or as a wave.
Which is THE force of the universe?
I believe it has already been explained to you why em is not the dominant force in the universe. It cancels itself out over long distances, and it follows the inverse cube law, not the inverse square law. A magnet being able to pick something up does not prove anything no matter how many times you say it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove it didn't happen.
you can't prove I'm not a unicorn. That sounded dumb, didn't it? Yeah...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have before. Space in motion being knit.
I answered some of that in the post following this one I am responding to. I do not claim clairvoyancy.
Space was set in motion to make matter. Magnetism is streams of space. Electricity is loops of magnetism in packets. Magnetism produces particles, particles produce atoms, and the atoms produce the packets. The packets then produce magnetism. Call the magnetism magnetic current. More descriptive.
Good night.
show me. And was this supposed to mean something?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well you know Dave there are FOUR of them.
Isn't there talk of a super force?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A kid walked by his mother's bedroom and saw her on the bed masturbating, saying, "Oh god, I need a man. Oh god, I need a man".
Two nights later, he walked by his mom's room and a naked man walked out, excused himself, went to the bathroom, urinated and walked back into his mom's room and closed the door. The boy immediately went back to his room, started masturbating furiously saying, "Oh god, I need a bicycle. Oh god, I need a bicycle.".
If he did it the same way as his mother then there is something wrong with this story.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How much of history can be verified to have happened by cross reference and artifacts? Not as much as you think, even to just a few hundred years ago.
If you give answers like "Hey, maybe the evidence was lost" or "The evidence has yet to be found", do you really think anyone will take you seriously?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove it didn't happen.
You can't prove a flying spaghetti monster didn't create the world, so your argument is meaningless. Burden of proof, my friend.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If he did it the same way as his mother then there is something wrong with this story.
It wasn't supposed to be a story. It was a joke.

Things that are supposed to elicit a chuckle?

Uhhhhhhhh. I do type funny ones sometimes.

Give me another chance.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

River Tam wrote:
Give me another chance.
They say practice makes perfect.

http://sushibandit.com/wp-content/uploads/201...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>You confuse science with scientist, why do you do that?
what?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
what was that craziness?
Cap

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Religion causes nothing but war, war based on pride.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I had sex with a new girl last night. She'd never done a gimp before. Now she has something to talk about.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't supposed to be a story. It was a joke.
Things that are supposed to elicit a chuckle?
Uhhhhhhhh. I do type funny ones sometimes.
Give me another chance.
It was funny. I got it. I just figured that if his only example was from observing his mother...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I had sex with a new girl last night. She'd never done a gimp before. Now she has something to talk about.
I'll be in my bunk.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be in my bunk.
She grabbed my left leg but then she tried to grab my right one and it wasn't there? What she did with that free hand...I'm sayin. I still have some of her hair on my night table.

Night Tide.

:-)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Time is on your side
Yes it is.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved from Houston to Illinois. If you go over the 800 miles between here and there you will find no evidence of my move.
Why?
Because I took everything with me.
Just come out and say what we all know. You have no proof to counter the Exodus story except innuendos and hunches.
You have got to be joking. You are comparing the waste left by one person on a two day road trip to a 40 year picnic by anything up to 1000000 people.

OMG you must eat a lot and how many dead did have along way?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're desperate, streets and alley walks.
I have never seen a street or an alley walk.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Time is on your side, your mind can return to you..
Romans 1: 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
It's time for your meds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 123,221 - 123,240 of223,091
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••