Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,161)

Showing posts 123,201 - 123,220 of223,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> And i am pointing out to you and everyone here around 2500 or so years ago those people believed the Exodus happened. You and others are saying they are wrong. Amenhotep II was not the first born son of his father and his first born son did not go to the throne. Remember the first born was to die? It is Thutmose III then Amenhotep II then Thutmose IV. Answer my question. Why would they write the Exodus as a marker if the event did not happen? 1 Kings 6:1
I am a unicorn. There, now I am, according to your logic.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Slaves usually require security to prevent escape,
I'm not even going to ask how you know that.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You religious nuts can't stand challenges, can you?
Dave.

It's beddy-by time.

Really.

It is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thereís no evidence that disproves the Exodus story, none.
There's
And none to prove it outside of a book of myths and stories.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

1. The pyraomids were built mikenia before the Hebrews even existed.
2. The Hebrews are the same peole as the Canaanires.
3. There is no record in all of Egypt for slave labor. Rather the archaelogical record and several written records indicates that laborers on the royal building projects were well provided for.
4. Even many Jewish scholars admit that the "Exodus" is more Heroic Legend than History.
5. Jesus never mentions Exodus, Pharoe or Egypt. So as far as Chrisitnaity should be concerned, it is as meaningless as Stonehenge is to Hinduism.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Time for a new keyboard or new glasses.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

The book can't be total fiction. Lasted too damned long for that, and the stories are just too off the wall to be fiction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyssey

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

There is conflicting information about Jericho from Archeologist and Historians.

Some say there is evidence to support the story in the bible and others have made claims it didnít happen. When one looks at where Jericho is located in modern times itís clear as to why there is a dispute.

It is in Palestinian control. The Palestinians and Israelis are not considered good friends. Itís in the best interest of Palestinians to deny the story of Jericho.

Wiki:

Jericho (&#65532; /&#712;d&#658;&#60 3;r&#618;ko&#650;/; Arabic: &#1571;&#1585;&#16 10;&#1581;&#1575;& #8206; &#702;Ar&#299;&#77 17;&#257; [&#660;a&#712;ri&# 720;&#295;a](&#65532; listen); Hebrew: &#1497;&#1456;&#15 12;&#1460;&#1497;& #1495;&#1493;&#1465; &#8206;&#8206; Yeri&#7717;o [je&#641;i&#712;&# 967;o](&#65532; listen)) is a Palestinian city located near the Jordan River in the West Bank. It is the administrative seat of the Jericho Governorate. In 2007 it had a population of 18,346.[2] The city was under Jordanian occupation from 1948 to 1967, and under Israeli occupation from 1967 to 1994, when control was handed over to the Palestinian Authority.[3] It is believed to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.[4][5][6]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You religious nuts can't stand challenges, can you?
What are you talking about? Dave, you are being ridiculous. I am telling you I am open to hearing an explanation from you as to why your way is better. I mean that, I'm not joking. Tell me why your version of the electric universe model makes more sense than the current models. Explain its predictive power. Explain its explanatory power. Seriously.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

A few ounce magnet can pick up several pounds of steel. This magnet is made from something invisible called electricity and magnetism. A short shot of this stuff makes that magnet strong enough to do that. You can't even weigh it.

It was not the mass, and thus gravity, of atomic particles doing the pick up. Nor the strong nuclear force. Not directly, anyhow.

That same magnetic force transverses billions of light years, if not as a flux, as a photon. Which then imparts a force to mass it impacts. As a packet, or as a wave.

Which is THE force of the universe?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And none to prove it outside of a book of myths and stories.
You can't prove it didn't happen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave.
It's beddy-by time.
Really.
It is.
I'm about to head there.

Don't forget to light your candles to Darwin and Einstein before you go sheepy bye.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
A few ounce magnet can pick up several pounds of steel. This magnet is made from something invisible called electricity and magnetism. A short shot of this stuff makes that magnet strong enough to do that. You can't even weigh it.
It was not the mass, and thus gravity, of atomic particles doing the pick up. Nor the strong nuclear force. Not directly, anyhow.
That same magnetic force transverses billions of light years, if not as a flux, as a photon. Which then imparts a force to mass it impacts. As a packet, or as a wave.
Which is THE force of the universe?
Well you know Dave there are FOUR of them.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
1. The pyraomids were built mikenia before the Hebrews even existed.
2. The Hebrews are the same peole as the Canaanires.
3. There is no record in all of Egypt for slave labor. Rather the archaelogical record and several written records indicates that laborers on the royal building projects were well provided for.
4. Even many Jewish scholars admit that the "Exodus" is more Heroic Legend than History.
5. Jesus never mentions Exodus, Pharoe or Egypt. So as far as Chrisitnaity should be concerned, it is as meaningless as Stonehenge is to Hinduism.
Do you know what the Passover is?

Do you know where the celebration of the Passover came from?

Did you know that Jesus celebrated the Passover?

Iím not interested in the infidels account of where it derived from.

Matthew 26:17-19
King James Version (KJV)

17. Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

18. And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

19. And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

As far as evidence of slave labor. The evidence stands tall in the form of pyramids.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? Dave, you are being ridiculous. I am telling you I am open to hearing an explanation from you as to why your way is better. I mean that, I'm not joking. Tell me why your version of the electric universe model makes more sense than the current models. Explain its predictive power. Explain its explanatory power. Seriously.
I have before. Space in motion being knit.

I answered some of that in the post following this one I am responding to. I do not claim clairvoyancy.

Space was set in motion to make matter. Magnetism is streams of space. Electricity is loops of magnetism in packets. Magnetism produces particles, particles produce atoms, and the atoms produce the packets. The packets then produce magnetism. Call the magnetism magnetic current. More descriptive.

Good night.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well you know Dave there are FOUR of them.
The weak force has been determined to be a form of what they term EM.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, I can walk out of my front door, climb in my vehicle and with very little effort, find Aboriginal American artifacts and sites that date anywhere from 500 to 5000+ years old.
Within one or two hours.
There was a very extensive archaeological survey done in the region that the "Exodus", and subsequent 40 year trek in the Sinai desert was alleged to have occurred,that revealed sites and artifacts from the Neolithic period, and earlier.
The teams of archaeologists surmised that at any point in history, that the region might have supported somewhere in the area of 15,000-25,000 people at any given time, and that it would have been almost impossible to have supported more than 150,000 at ANY time. Given resources, water, food etc...
Not one trace, however, of the type of evidence that could support the Exodus story as being literal.
I moved from Houston to Illinois. If you go over the 800 miles between here and there you will find no evidence of my move.

Why?

Because I took everything with me.

Just come out and say what we all know. You have no proof to counter the Exodus story except innuendos and hunches.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
There is conflicting information about Jericho from Archeologist and Historians.
Archeologists. Plural.

And there's no reason to capitalize.

Come on man.

Take your time. Get it right.

I hate to see you embarrassing yourself over and over again.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The weak force has been determined to be a form of what they term EM.
Go to sleep already.

Didn't I tell you a while ago?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
Some say there is evidence to support the story in the bible and others have made claims it didnít happen. When one looks at where Jericho is located in modern times itís clear as to why there is a dispute.
It is in Palestinian control. The Palestinians and Israelis are not considered good friends. Itís in the best interest of Palestinians to deny the story of Jericho.
Wiki:
Jericho (&#65532; /&#712;d&#658;&#60 3;r&#618;ko&#650;/; Arabic: &#1571;&#1585;&#16 10;&#1581;&#1575;& #8206; &#702;Ar&#299;&#77 17;&#257; [&#660;a&#712;ri&# 720;&#295;a](&#65532; listen); Hebrew: &#1497;&#1456;&#15 12;&#1460;&#1497;& #1495;&#1493;&#1465; &#8206;&#8206; Yeri&#7717;o [je&#641;i&#712;&# 967;o](&#65532; listen)) is a Palestinian city located near the Jordan River in the West Bank. It is the administrative seat of the Jericho Governorate. In 2007 it had a population of 18,346.[2] The city was under Jordanian occupation from 1948 to 1967, and under Israeli occupation from 1967 to 1994, when control was handed over to the Palestinian Authority.[3] It is believed to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.[4][5][6]
If the story wasn't in the bible, would we have any good reason to think it happened? The only reason there might be a dispute is because people are desperate to prove a central biblical story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 123,201 - 123,220 of223,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••