Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247418 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#127403 Oct 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<Hiding sits up>
"Having troubles with the belt buckle?"
And that would surprise you how???
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#127404 Oct 3, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're born, the lights go on, you dance awhile, the lights go off, you die. Works for me...
a while, dammit.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127405 Oct 3, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're born, the lights go on, you dance awhile, the lights go off, you die. Works for me...
Carry a flashlight in case you don't "die".

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#127406 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything has to be set into motion to mix.
Didn't your momma larn you nothing?
What turned on the mixer? Where was it plugged into?
Boudreaux, This universe didn't pop out of nothing and started to stir itself.
Who set god in motion?

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#127407 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/Fear-O f-Death.html
Gary Vey gets on the sensational side, and misses some things, but comes up with interesting things to think about.
LISTEN UP YOU ATHEISTS!!!!!!!
YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!
YOU ARE GOING TO BURN FOREVER!!!
IN ETERNAL AGONY YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!!
YOU ARE DOOMED!!!!
I can sell you some of your body parts? Want them?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#127408 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry a flashlight in case you don't "die".
Hold on there.

Wouldn't the angels' halos light up the whole place?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#127410 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sup...
Thought it was something like that.
You know what? You can't really "observe" space. You can see things through it, but they have to be of the same material constructions as ourselves.
Do you realize how many sharp toothed creatures you can't see or touch might be standing right behind you, staring st your neck, slobbering all over the place? Just waiting until they can get their hands on you? In their realm. Once that energy creating you starts to fade.
Do you think is has paper clips for eyes?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127411 Oct 3, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Who set god in motion?
Ask him. How in the hell would I know?

Who set your e=mc^2 in motion?

Did the e come first? The m? The c?

All 3 at the same time?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127412 Oct 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on there.
Wouldn't the angels' halos light up the whole place?
There may not be any around in anon's case.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127413 Oct 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think is has paper clips for eyes?
Probably doesn't need them. Just senses your energy and when it drops they just start snapping away. Chomp chomp chomp

At the space in between atoms of course.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#127414 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably doesn't need them. Just senses your energy and when it drops they just start snapping away. Chomp chomp chomp
At the space in between atoms of course.
lolerbat...

Are you drinking wine in the little sippy boxes again?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#127415 Oct 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what supernatural means.
.. a really, really hot woman ??..
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#127416 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry a flashlight in case you don't "die".
All I want is a complete dissolution of consciousness. I find that quite comforting, thank you.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#127417 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
From your favorite apologetic websites no less!
https://sites.google.com/site/livingwithoutmo...
Revelation 20:2
He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.
Revelation 12:3
Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.
http://www.dragon-zoo.com/dragonzoo_news_bibl...
And yet another Christian website there is 3 of the 7 heaed monsters! Including a seven headed Leopard, with feet like a bear!
2. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion; and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.(Revelation 13:1, 2)
http://www.sundaylaw.net/books/other/standish...
Oh the humiliation just keeps coming.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_name_of_the...
Was the serpent in Genesis Satan? According to your religion, yes.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-serpent.htm...
Now this...
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
Is what YOU are claiming the serpent was in the garden of Eden.
Note what Yahweh says to the serpent.
Genesis 3:14
Then the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all animals, domestic and wild. You will crawl on your belly, groveling in the dust as long as you live.
First we see how stupid the writer was as dust is not on the snake's dietary menu and also snake's do not talk. Sigh.
And before you scream that the passage says dragon with 7 heads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_ (Bible)
In the New Testament, the Book of Revelation makes use of Serpent several times to identify Satan, the Dragon an ancient Serpent (Rev.12:9; 20:2).
Sad that an Atheist knows far more about the bible than you a believer does yes?
Maybe that's why I'm an Atheist and you're not?
<quoted text>
Thank you for supplying references.

Now do you really believe the scripture is referring to a real dragon with seven heads? Much of the book of Revelation and Daniel is written in symbolism.

Let’s look closer at Rev 12:4

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The interpretation of what the dragon really is can be found further in the reading of Chapter 12.

7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The dragon as it turns out is symbolism for Satan.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#127418 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There may not be any around in anon's case.
I'll smack their silly halos right off their heads.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127419 Oct 3, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
All I want is a complete dissolution of consciousness. I find that quite comforting, thank you.
Don't bet that will happen.

Takes a while, anyhow. Like I posted earlier, it is best having something to do, like waiting for something.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#127420 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/Fear-O f-Death.html
Gary Vey gets on the sensational side, and misses some things, but comes up with interesting things to think about.
LISTEN UP YOU ATHEISTS!!!!!!!
YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!
YOU ARE GOING TO BURN FOREVER!!!
IN ETERNAL AGONY YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!!
YOU ARE DOOMED!!!!
There....there....there....

(pats ND gently on head)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#127421 Oct 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for supplying references.
Now do you really believe the scripture is referring to a real dragon with seven heads? Much of the book of Revelation and Daniel is written in symbolism.
Let’s look closer at Rev 12:4
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
The interpretation of what the dragon really is can be found further in the reading of Chapter 12.
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
The dragon as it turns out is symbolism for Satan.
You've got this in the bible, too.

Psalm 74:14 "Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness".

LEVIATHAN has more than one head in Psalms(just one in other places).

In Ugaritic texts(where much of the OT mythology originated), LEVIATHAN has 7 heads.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#127422 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bet that will happen.
Takes a while, anyhow. Like I posted earlier, it is best having something to do, like waiting for something.
Sage advice. I'll bring some crossword puzzles.

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#127423 Oct 3, 2012
You are going to Muslim and Hindu hell
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/Fear-O f-Death.html

Gary Vey gets on the sensational side, and misses some things, but comes up with interesting things to think about.

LISTEN UP YOU ATHEISTS!!!!!!!

YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO BURN FOREVER!!!

IN ETERNAL AGONY YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!!

YOU ARE DOOMED!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 41 min -Stray Dog 47,801
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 50 min dollarsbill 12,644
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 14,715
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr thetruth 121
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 6 hr thetruth 7
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 12 hr thetruth 21
News Militant Atheists are On the March Sun thetruth 4
More from around the web