Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,144)

Showing posts 122,861 - 122,880 of218,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to concentrate on? the current temp? the temp of tomorrow the possibility of rain? It takes sooo much concentration to listen to the weather, yup. If it makes you feel better maybe they could do a coed nude weather forcast.
You obviously do not get the same class of news we get over the big pond

As I said to Givmeliberty If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I Don't do requests , especially from shop teachers that are missing parts of their fingers.
Cute.

That's OK. Just keep riding your little pony round and round. Don't let go of it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
That's OK. Just keep riding your little pony round and round. Don't let go of it.
Where's your f*cking god? Oh yeah that's right you're that proven Creationist liar that nobody here believes anymore.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not get the same class of news we get over the big pond
As I said to Givmeliberty If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.
Yeah, can't show the naked female form to children. They might get hungry.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>She is not telling you the weather, this topless meteorologist is warning you of your god's moods
lulz. You people and your silly ideas.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
Garbage. Saying something is true is simply a way of saying it holds. When I say that it is true that matter attracts matter, that is completely equivalent to saying that matter attracts matter.
So truth depends on there being something to be true about.
Even if the universe did not exist it would still be logically true the universe could not create itself. Logic and truth is not universe dependent the same way gravity and motion is. If the universe ceased to exist then so would gravity and motion which can be measured and tested. Not so with logic and truth. Both transcend the universe and need a cause.
Why? It isn't a physical thing. it isn't a causally connected item. It isn't an object in time. So no 'cause' of truth is required.
No cause of truth required? That is a cop out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your f*cking god? Oh yeah that's right you're that proven Creationist liar that nobody here believes anymore.
My, my, you woke up angry this morning.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
Did he hurt your feelings? Wait till you lose a leg.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Even if the universe did not exist it would still be logically true the universe could not create itself. Logic and truth is not universe dependent the same way gravity and motion is. If the universe ceased to exist then so would gravity and motion which can be measured and tested. Not so with logic and truth. Both transcend the universe and need a cause.
<quoted text> No cause of truth required? That is a cop out.
Assigning a creator as the cause of the universe is a religious logical fallacy.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
The natural has an origin, otherwise it wouldn't be natural.
Unjustified assumption.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he hurt your feelings? Wait till you lose a leg.
Do you think anyone on here can hurt my feelings?

There are worse things to lose than a leg that aren't even physical.

Missing body parts use to be a lot more common. Infection, edged weapons, and industrial accidents took a huge toll in days past.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unjustified assumption.
How so?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Some of those hotties do a pretty decent job believe it or not. Better than what you would hear from faux news anyways. Some of them really take it seriously.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really get the news?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

I believe naked news is online only and yes for adults only. Believe it or not some of the ladies seem to do a good job of reporting the news. Pull up one of their videos and scroll down so you just hear them reporting you may be surprised.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>I’m not sure the general public would agree with you. No need for it to be on primetime TV, have you considered the children?

If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.

And can you really say that you would take any notice of the news?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

That will happen when he changes his brakes on the car.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Did he hurt your feelings? Wait till you lose a leg.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know there is no cause. The whole idea may appeal to you. I find it interesting you are so willing to throw out causal law and declare there are effects without cause. According to an article i read by Jeremy Royal Howard. Many appear in artificial lab settings. The ability to penetrate the micro physical is still rudiment and subject to speculation and error. Considered quantum oddities. So there is skepticism.
The quantum oddities are supported by actual experiment and observation: the uncertainty principle, the double-slit experiment, Bell's inequalities, quantum erasers, etc.

We know, because of experiment, that there is no causal connection between the particles in the Arrow experiment showing Bell's inequalities fail for quantum systems. And yet there is correlation. The universe is inherently probabilistic at the quantum level: but there are non-trivial correlations to those probabilities.

Yes, there is a difference between not knowing a cause and there being no cause. Arrow's experiment and Bell's inequalities are designed to test exactly that difference. And the real world is not causal.
Not really. Still not convinced the big bang is uncaused event.
For that matter, neither am I. But it is a distinct possibility. It is also possible it was caused by a previous stage involving either a contracting universe or an expanding one operating under string theory principles. In any case, quantum gravity is crucial for the early stages of the expansion so there will be probabilistic aspects.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
And can't answer two simple questions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.

Wasn't what you wanted?

TS.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard!

Good to see you...

31-8...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

There are worse things to lose than a leg that aren't even physical.
Tell me. I only had it for 18 years. Would it be different if I was your age? Would it be easier or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 122,861 - 122,880 of218,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••