Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
122,821 - 122,840 of 224,373 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Zing! Oh the david as a shop teacher jokes practically write themselves!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I Don't do requests , especially from shop teachers that are missing parts of their fingers.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. one more time. To date, science cannot explained NDEs or telepathy ..
.. Dave continues to share his subjective experience, something quite real for him ..
.. to claim his NDE a delusion is callous. You're better than that ..
.. smooch ..
It is already scientifically known that when you dream, and moreso when a person is about to die, there is a surge of DMT. People who have used DMT recreationally and for certain spiritual ceremonies have ALL spoken of the same effects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptami...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is just the fear of god comin' through.
;P
Or, it just might be, that she hates storms, as much as I love them. And yeah, I am atheist too, and we do not tend to equate a fictional and therefore powerless deity with weather phenomena.

Imagine if meteorologist had to be trained at buy bull college, to predict the actions of the gods. The topless weather girl is really the topless god girl.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Too much to follow! Let's try piecing it out.
<quoted text>
Just to clarify, I only meant that you are held to the same laws, as women in Saudi Arabia. Yes, I was only guessing, but if a Saudi lady called me, Honey, and was caught, she be severely reprimanded by the religious police and the males in her family.
We have had a few,'honor' killings, in the last year, here in America.
I do not respect murders.
I am held to the laws of the UK and France where I spend most of my time. If I lived in Saudi I would be expected to follow their law but I don’t, get used to it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were sitting down, at the local pub, the conversation would have gone much better. We are both make assumptions and jumping to conclusions.
So it seems second time round

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that I said something along the lines of, "The average Joe, whether, christian, muslim, or Atheist, only wants to get through life, as comfortably and easy as possible; giving their children more and better opportunities than they had."
Yes and?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I have no clue what you are talking about here.
No you wouldn’t.

Or are you denying the deletions?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Or, it just might be, that she hates storms, as much as I love them. And yeah, I am atheist too, and we do not tend to equate a fictional and therefore powerless deity with weather phenomena.
Imagine if meteorologist had to be trained at buy bull college, to predict the actions of the gods. The topless weather girl is really the topless god girl.
If she is topless does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What laws did he break?
I did not say he broke any laws in the USA. What I said he is responsible for releasing an anti Muslim film with the deliberate intention of inciting hatred, a ploy that was eminently successful and I know how some Americans just live for success.

However in the UK and many other European countries he would have been charged with inciting hatred by now. In Muslim countries he would have been charged with blasphemy and profaning the prophet.

Russia has banned the film

Even in the USA there are calls that he be charged with inciting murder.

No I did not say he broke any laws,(US laws) but that does not mean he is not responsible for his actions

And when you can admit that rather than making what appear to be specious claims that you believe a person is responsible for his actions and then offer cop out and excuse when it involves hatred for Muslims. Perhaps you will earn some little respect

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
You mean, the way that theists categorize people as "sinners" or "believers"? Those are also categories made by humans.(Not just men. Women, too.)
<quoted text>
Really? What sin did babies who died at or near birth commit?
Their ancestors were bastards, so they are going to burn in hell for it.

“Christianity is such a silly religion.”
— Gore Vidal (1925-), Time Magazine, Sept. 28, 1992

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that they are the same god; I am not a christian!
<quoted text>
Since we are not sitting in a pub, I will tell you; you sound a bit of a bigot here. Maybe with some justification, but still! I am sure that not every christian hurt you, nor has everyone, who ever hurt you, been christian.
I know, I have followed some of your posts and I don’t care, you beliefs were irrelevant to the statement.

When a whole church including the ordained minister delights in offering verbal abuse to a 4 year old child, abuse that continued for 10 years than yes I do have some justification, that environment was a considerable part of my upbringing. Of all the major mentally and physically abusive, hurtful and spiteful events that have effected my life all have directly been instigated by and involved christians.

However I do not condemn every christian for the actions of a few. When I am discussing this subject in detail I am more precise. I use terms such as christian mass murderer or genocide in the name of the church, those good catholics the IRA and child murdering christians.

My best friend is the christian wife of a BAC minister, she holds a degree in theology. The father of my twins is a surgeon and all round decent guy and a christrian so I know that not all christians are evil. But certainly the majority of christians I have met are not particularly nice people. An opinion that is bolstered by reading many of the christian derived posts on these threads. In more than 2 years on topix I think I have actually spoken to 3 who actually come across as good people.

Christian is a label that some christians sully just as Muslim is a label that some Muslims sully. I am willing to offer testimony that not all christians are good, particularly to those who attempt to discredit my life based on their own interpretation of how I should live. Also to those who paint christianity as nothing but good and purity (the bible tells us otherwise) and those who offer disproved and discredited hearsay as truth (oh sorry “TRUTH”)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of my faults. I just cannot resist sending your own words back to you.
"Honey you have no idea how I act and you guesswork is nothing more than guesswork. You let yourself down by making such statements."
I am not 100% certain, but I believe it was shown on BBC America. Again, if I am not mistaken, France had a few places, too.
I do my best to tell the truth, always; I like having credibility. Also, I have a terrible memory, so telling the truth makes my life easier. No, I do not expect, or even hope for, credibility on Topix; it is just the way I try to live, no matter where I am.
I do not understand!, you made a guess at how I live my life and I commented on your physical and observable words, how is that the same thing?

There you go absorbing the media hype again. I live in the North West UK and spend a considerable amount of my life in France. I too have seen such reports and have often wondered why the reports differ so much from the reality. Now tell me what do I consider the most reliable source of information, the sensationalist media bandwagon earning money by pandering to emotions of the age or someone who deals with Muslims on a daily basis, who lives in the UK and spends quite a lot time in France?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If she is topless does it matter?
Yes, how would tit lovers, obsessives and prudes concentrate on the weather forecast?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, how would tit lovers, obsessives and prudes concentrate on the weather forecast?
What is there to concentrate on? the current temp? the temp of tomorrow the possibility of rain? It takes sooo much concentration to listen to the weather, yup. If it makes you feel better maybe they could do a coed nude weather forcast.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If she is topless does it matter?
Why wouldn't it, to everyone but us, isn't she predicting the actions of a god/weather?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to concentrate on? the current temp? the temp of tomorrow the possibility of rain? It takes sooo much concentration to listen to the weather, yup. If it makes you feel better maybe they could do a coed nude weather forcast.
She is not telling you the weather, this topless meteorologist is warning you of your god's moods

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>She is not telling you the weather, this topless meteorologist is warning you of your god's moods
Helo there :)

Hope you are well!

You have topless weather ladies?

I gotta move to the US

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly goose.
Go to a revival meeting if that is what you want, to be saved. To have others reach out to you. Only for you to make fun of them.
If you haven't got a clue yet, then you never will.
I, for one, am here to destroy you.
You and your gods scare me! You are so powerful!

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Naked news is great!:)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, how would tit lovers, obsessives and prudes concentrate on the weather forecast?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn’t.
Or are you denying the deletions?
I was going to try an answer all you posts, but then, I thought, what is the point? We are no closer to an understanding than the day we started.

The freedoms that we have, in the U.S., were hard fought for and I am not willing to give them up, especially to appease radicals, who murder over a cartoon!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••