Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 238468 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#127273 Oct 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of my faults. I just cannot resist sending your own words back to you.
"Honey you have no idea how I act and you guesswork is nothing more than guesswork. You let yourself down by making such statements."
I am not 100% certain, but I believe it was shown on BBC America. Again, if I am not mistaken, France had a few places, too.
I do my best to tell the truth, always; I like having credibility. Also, I have a terrible memory, so telling the truth makes my life easier. No, I do not expect, or even hope for, credibility on Topix; it is just the way I try to live, no matter where I am.
I do not understand!, you made a guess at how I live my life and I commented on your physical and observable words, how is that the same thing?

There you go absorbing the media hype again. I live in the North West UK and spend a considerable amount of my life in France. I too have seen such reports and have often wondered why the reports differ so much from the reality. Now tell me what do I consider the most reliable source of information, the sensationalist media bandwagon earning money by pandering to emotions of the age or someone who deals with Muslims on a daily basis, who lives in the UK and spends quite a lot time in France?

#127274 Oct 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If she is topless does it matter?
Yes, how would tit lovers, obsessives and prudes concentrate on the weather forecast?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#127275 Oct 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, how would tit lovers, obsessives and prudes concentrate on the weather forecast?
What is there to concentrate on? the current temp? the temp of tomorrow the possibility of rain? It takes sooo much concentration to listen to the weather, yup. If it makes you feel better maybe they could do a coed nude weather forcast.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#127276 Oct 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If she is topless does it matter?
Why wouldn't it, to everyone but us, isn't she predicting the actions of a god/weather?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#127277 Oct 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to concentrate on? the current temp? the temp of tomorrow the possibility of rain? It takes sooo much concentration to listen to the weather, yup. If it makes you feel better maybe they could do a coed nude weather forcast.
She is not telling you the weather, this topless meteorologist is warning you of your god's moods

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#127278 Oct 3, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>She is not telling you the weather, this topless meteorologist is warning you of your god's moods
Helo there :)

Hope you are well!

You have topless weather ladies?

I gotta move to the US

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#127279 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly goose.
Go to a revival meeting if that is what you want, to be saved. To have others reach out to you. Only for you to make fun of them.
If you haven't got a clue yet, then you never will.
I, for one, am here to destroy you.
You and your gods scare me! You are so powerful!

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#127280 Oct 3, 2012
Naked news is great!:)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, how would tit lovers, obsessives and prudes concentrate on the weather forecast?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#127281 Oct 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn’t.
Or are you denying the deletions?
I was going to try an answer all you posts, but then, I thought, what is the point? We are no closer to an understanding than the day we started.

The freedoms that we have, in the U.S., were hard fought for and I am not willing to give them up, especially to appease radicals, who murder over a cartoon!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#127282 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really get the news?

#127283 Oct 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to try an answer all you posts, but then, I thought, what is the point? We are no closer to an understanding than the day we started.
The freedoms that we have, in the U.S., were hard fought for and I am not willing to give them up, especially to appease radicals, who murder over a cartoon!
So you only believe that a person is responsible for his actions if that person is not American. OK

#127284 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not sure the general public would agree with you. No need for it to be on primetime TV, have you considered the children?

If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.

And can you really say that you would take any notice of the news?

#127285 Oct 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to concentrate on? the current temp? the temp of tomorrow the possibility of rain? It takes sooo much concentration to listen to the weather, yup. If it makes you feel better maybe they could do a coed nude weather forcast.
You obviously do not get the same class of news we get over the big pond

As I said to Givmeliberty If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127286 Oct 3, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I Don't do requests , especially from shop teachers that are missing parts of their fingers.
Cute.

That's OK. Just keep riding your little pony round and round. Don't let go of it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#127287 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
That's OK. Just keep riding your little pony round and round. Don't let go of it.
Where's your f*cking god? Oh yeah that's right you're that proven Creationist liar that nobody here believes anymore.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#127288 Oct 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not get the same class of news we get over the big pond
As I said to Givmeliberty If you want naked then there are plenty of sites on the internet.
Yeah, can't show the naked female form to children. They might get hungry.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#127289 Oct 3, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>She is not telling you the weather, this topless meteorologist is warning you of your god's moods
lulz. You people and your silly ideas.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#127290 Oct 3, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
Garbage. Saying something is true is simply a way of saying it holds. When I say that it is true that matter attracts matter, that is completely equivalent to saying that matter attracts matter.
So truth depends on there being something to be true about.
Even if the universe did not exist it would still be logically true the universe could not create itself. Logic and truth is not universe dependent the same way gravity and motion is. If the universe ceased to exist then so would gravity and motion which can be measured and tested. Not so with logic and truth. Both transcend the universe and need a cause.
Why? It isn't a physical thing. it isn't a causally connected item. It isn't an object in time. So no 'cause' of truth is required.
No cause of truth required? That is a cop out.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#127291 Oct 3, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your f*cking god? Oh yeah that's right you're that proven Creationist liar that nobody here believes anymore.
My, my, you woke up angry this morning.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#127292 Oct 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
Did he hurt your feelings? Wait till you lose a leg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 21 min Chimney1 18,909
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 31 min serfs up 6,729
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 35 min ChristineM 2,108
Is God a Perfect Being? 7 hr hpcaban 3
introvert and an atheist 9 hr 10uhsee 1
News .com | What hope is there without God? 13 hr Thinking 6
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Tue spellmeout 14,657
More from around the web