Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#127144 Oct 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes we just have empathy for others. Others are human. I'm human. I feel pain and suffering, so they do, too. Why don't I be nice to them, so they have a nicer day, or help them out?
Do Christians have empathy or do always think "gosh, Jesus commanded me to help others. It takes a lot of time out of my day, but I guess He is watching after all..."
I'm sure some do, and would be nice people without believing they were being watched at all times, but for many, it seems that fear of punishment/desire for reward forms the basis of their morality; and some even hold it up as the gold standard. "Pleasing god" is the best you can do.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#127145 Oct 2, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did OJ kill his wife and her boyfriend?
Inconclusive , not by the physical evidence , but convicted in the court of public opinion. Are you asking for conjecture? Or reality. Or does any of that even matter.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#127147 Oct 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Not yet Bubba , that day may come. But for now ...it is superstition vs verifiable reality. This is a playground that requires substantial evidence to roam around in. Not just your superstitious mind and mythical understanding. The difference is fact and fiction.
Belief that this universe grew out of nothing is not superstition?

That is a verifiable reality?

You really, really have a belief in such?

Logic is the true basis of science. Your belief system lacks that. Big time.

Lamar, CO

#127148 Oct 2, 2012
Jesus Effing Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutilating animals and then giggling like an annoying, gum-snapping, Facebook girl sounds like something that my psychotic Father would do. He began by asking His Chosen People to butcher and mutilate ALL kinds of animals and if you read my Father's "Manual For Incorrigible Sociopaths", the Bible, you will find out how He ASKED for the FAT of sacrificial animals to be reserved for Him as He enjoys the scent of animal fat even if it gives Him dog breath. The TEMPLE, the Holy of Holies, rained BLOOD whenever the Levites ordered sacrifices to my psycho-Father. If you have the stomach to continue reading, you will see that He treated me like a cheap whore, had me beaten, nailed to wood, all the while He was laughing and cracking jokes about how I died a 33-year-old virgin carpenter in a loincloth. Substitutionary atonement is SO-NOT-COOL and a most immoral, barbaric, proposition. After my resurrection, I spent a lot of time in therapy and have yet to come to terms with my Father's sickening blood-lust. Dad's favorite color is RED. We're going on Dr. Phil.
~Joseph's Stepkid
So you are passing judgment on your old man? I guess he made more mistakes than what you accuse him of. Like having you.

Your display of cleverness could use more class.

Why do you think your attempt would rattle my cage? I'm the guy that said Abraham was a pimp, played the badger game to get rich, and was more than willing to sacrifice Isaac to get in good with Baal because Isaac wasn't his kid.

Dumb shit. Even those stories have more truth than what you believe in.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#127149 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a 3999 character explanation as to why I should feel obligated to even think about answering your questions first.
You Bambi shooting, sushi sticking soulless sack of stellar shit.
I don't need 3999 characters. The reasons why you should feel obligated are quite simple.

You come to an atheist forum telling us all how if we don't conform to your version of god we will all rot in hell.

Yet you will not, indeed you can not answer these two simple questions. Instead you prefer to do the usual godbot thing and hurl insults.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#127150 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe was born from quantum fluctuations in the Energy of superforce , that which existed in an infinite infidecimal , as paradoxical as it seems to you . It is the best logical conclusion. I hold zero belief in this determination, and IS why it is an determination and not a belief.

Lamar, CO

#127151 Oct 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need 3999 characters. The reasons why you should feel obligated are quite simple.
You come to an atheist forum telling us all how if we don't conform to your version of god we will all rot in hell.
Yet you will not, indeed you can not answer these two simple questions. Instead you prefer to do the usual godbot thing and hurl insults.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

That is the forum I am posting to.

Where is the sign saying atheists only?

What is the topic?

Why would you expect atheists to have such a topic they could only participate in?

You can go to hell and rot. You Bambi shooting(ha ha ha), sushi sticking, animal abusing atheist as*hole. You are not fit company for man or beast.

Lamar, CO

#127152 Oct 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The universe was born from quantum fluctuations in the Energy of superforce , that which existed in an infinite infidecimal , as paradoxical as it seems to you . It is the best logical conclusion. I hold zero belief in this determination, and IS why it is an determination and not a belief.
What dressing do you suggest for that word salad? Blue cheese?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#127153 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
That is the forum I am posting to.
Where is the sign saying atheists only?
What is the topic?
Why would you expect atheists to have such a topic they could only participate in?
You can go to hell and rot. You Bambi shooting(ha ha ha), sushi sticking, animal abusing atheist as*hole. You are not fit company for man or beast.
Why do you refuse to answer the questions?

BTW buckwheat look at the tap at the top of your page it says:-

"Atheism Forum-"

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#127154 Oct 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheism Forum-"
What it doesn't say is "Atheist Only." Nor does it say "Christians not Allowed."

Sorry to crash your private party, but we are staying because it's fun and you make it fun.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#127155 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What dressing do you suggest for that word salad? Blue cheese?
Large scale structure , that's the sauce.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#127156 Oct 2, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rimshot. I do one liners.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iblpLFWWsEYXX
I do two liners.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#127157 Oct 2, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What it doesn't say is "Atheist Only." Nor does it say "Christians not Allowed."
Sorry to crash your private party, but we are staying because it's fun and you make it fun.
We know you enjoy been a masicast because you get your butt handed to you on a plate day after day.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#127158 Oct 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Inconclusive , not by the physical evidence , but convicted in the court of public opinion. Are you asking for conjecture? Or reality. Or does any of that even matter.
Personally, if we are going to stand by the ruling of a guilty plea then we must stand by the ruling when one is found innocent.

I must say I admire Fred Goldman’s tenacity to peruse justice for his son who was brutally murdered. His civil trial was a success. If there’s a hero in all this it’s Fred Goldman.

OJ was found guilty of armed robbery in Nevada. He was also found guilty of killing his ex-wife and Ron Goldman in a civil case. How fitting the long arm of justice was a bit slow but it caught up with OJ.

He is never getting out.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#127159 Oct 2, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to remain silent and have people think you're a fool,
than to speak and dispel any doubt.
I see you opted not to remain silent.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#127160 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M oral_status_of_animals_in_the_ ancient_world
Concern for animals is based upon one thing. They have something like a soul. An intangible something that humans can relate to.
There is zero room for such a thing in evolutionary thinking. Animals are food. The limit on concern would be limited to maximizing the yield. There is just no place for concern for an animals feelings or right to life to exist from that viewpoint.
PETA could not exist without a supernatural or metaphysical belief behind it. Pretty much the same with vegetarianism. We don't have canine teeth to eat fruits and berries.
Those atheists that claim evolution as the sole reason for our existence can not care for an animal except as a possession to fill some need in them. There is no moral reason within their view to justify caring for the emotional and physical nature of creatures other than themselves and what they possess.
They are the scum of the earth. They would shoot Bambi just for the purpose of sneering at a theist and saying "Have your Jesus resurrect it. ha ha ha". Just to show how clever they are. ha ha ha
They have no soul.
Stamp out mass produced atheists. Oh, that is done already. I mean stop the stamping out of them.
I don't have a soul either, Dave.

Are you going to eat me?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#127161 Oct 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you enjoy been a masicast because you get your butt handed to you on a plate day after day.
Ahhh Richard, my dear friend in the outback. I hope to meet you and the misses one day in the outback. We’ll share a laugh or two and a nice cup of coffee.

I bet in real life you are a jovial ole coot.

Lamar, CO

#127162 Oct 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheism Forum-"
One more time, farina, it says so because that is the topic you accessed this from. I access it from topstories. It has to do with the way Topix aggregates.

Dumbass abiogenetic atheist. Don't know nothing. Sure assume a whole bunch, though.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#127163 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a 3999 character explanation as to why I should feel obligated to even think about answering your questions first.
You Bambi shooting, sushi sticking soulless sack of stellar shit.
OK Dave, this is an order.

Go to the bathroom and wash your mouth out with soap.

Immediately.

What's come over you?

This sort of hostility and namecalling is entirely inappropriate.

If there are gods out there, they are pissed as hell at you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#127164 Oct 2, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you really believe that your god screwed up so badly, that he had to flood the Earth, killing every living thing, then screwed up again and had to have a son to sacrifice to himself, so that he could forgive his screw up?

Yeah! That's a good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Rondo 52,385
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 19 min Ian McFarland 11,462
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 27 min Rosa_Winkel 520
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 48 min Eagle 12 22,192
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 1,682
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 24,919
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 3 hr Kaarlo 231
More from around the web