Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,766
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#126389 Sep 29, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then yes, I enjoy good humor and fun.
Do you like poetry?

The Screacher, by TwB

"Here is the answer!", the Screacher proclaimed,
head slowly turning, a finger well aimed,
atop Holy Hill, so recently named,
a hollow stone circle aligned with the sun,
when the onlookers onlooked it surprised everyone.

"Don't be alarmed!", the Screacher assured,
"The blindness will pass, if immediately cured,
here is the answer, that I have procured,
but supplies are quite limited just so you know,
believe in my power, it's pay as you go."

"If you are too poor", the Screacher appealed,
"then you may assist to see that others are healed,
tell all your friends of the truth I revealed,
curing the blind is only the start,
much more you will receive for playing your part."

Many believed and so eagerly payed,
many saw wisdom in what was displayed,
many saw power, some were afraid,
many gave money to the Screacher that day,
many did not know what they were giving away.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#126390 Sep 29, 2012

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#126391 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was, too. Been through countless books. Exhausted libraries and newsstands in my younger days.
But then I started living life and thinking instead of reading about it.
Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.
:-)
That is the difference between a scientific mind and one of a religious moron. Education comes from all areas of life, including books and living. When you exclude one you lose out on everything. A truly scientific person not only does lab work, they read, listen to lectures, and discuss topics with even lay people.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#126392 Sep 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no obligation to say anything.
You have the right to remain salient.

Westcliffe, CO

#126393 Sep 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the difference between a scientific mind and one of a religious moron. Education comes from all areas of life, including books and living. When you exclude one you lose out on everything. A truly scientific person not only does lab work, they read, listen to lectures, and discuss topics with even lay people.
You have to put the book down and start putting what you learned to use, sweetheart. You can get lazy by just sitting and reading, and always be in the absorbing the thoughts of others mode.

Those disconnected things have to coalesce in your OWN head.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#126394 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
You seem to associate yourself with all of mankind.
I try.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Like the center of it. The decider of what is wrong and right with it. Not just another poor schmuck among billions caught up in an evolutionary adventure.
You flatter me. It's better to be nekton than plankton.

Westcliffe, CO

#126395 Sep 29, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I try.
<quoted text>
You flatter me. It's better to be nekton than plankton.
Until you swim out there all by your lonesome, the only juicy morsel in sight of even just one hungry critter.

GULP!!

Fennario

#126396 Sep 29, 2012
Just Results wrote:
It's awesome to know that these well-informed "terrorists-for-Satan " will burn eternally in their Hell. In this day and age , with the information highway as well paved as it is, atheists have long been abolished from existence. No one today is an atheist......only rebellious, unrighteous, hateful, bigots remain under that title.
More damaged goods for Jesus.

I admit that I take pleasure in the death of your church, but not in your obliteration or torture.

Why? Because I care about your grandchildren. I'm hoping that they won't waste their time or their children's inheritance enabling priests to avoid work like you do.

I'm hoping that they won't give their children to the priests like you did.

And mostly, I'd like them to grow up to be self-actualized adults living authentic lives, not the infantilized doormats for Jesus that litter our culture today.

Didn't they tell you that obedience and worship are for slaves? Probably not. I'll bet they told you that faith was smart, and that meekness was blessed. I'll bet that they told you to be glad of poverty and injustices - to be longsuffering, because you'll get it back in spades after death. I'll bet that they told you that you were wretched flesh, and if struck in the face, to passively offer the other cheek.

Those are slave ethics. We have a better vision for your grandchildren. We want them to be better people than their grandparents.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#126397 Sep 29, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like poetry?
The Screacher, by TwB
"Here is the answer!", the Screacher proclaimed,
head slowly turning, a finger well aimed,
atop Holy Hill, so recently named,
a hollow stone circle aligned with the sun,
when the onlookers onlooked it surprised everyone.
"Don't be alarmed!", the Screacher assured,
"The blindness will pass, if immediately cured,
here is the answer, that I have procured,
but supplies are quite limited just so you know,
believe in my power, it's pay as you go."
"If you are too poor", the Screacher appealed,
"then you may assist to see that others are healed,
tell all your friends of the truth I revealed,
curing the blind is only the start,
much more you will receive for playing your part."
Many believed and so eagerly payed,
many saw wisdom in what was displayed,
many saw power, some were afraid,
many gave money to the Screacher that day,
many did not know what they were giving away.
Very good. I like it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#126402 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was, too. Been through countless books. Exhausted libraries and newsstands in my younger days.
But then I started living life and thinking instead of reading about it.
Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.
:-)
Outstanding literary works have been created in the past twenty years.

Reading can be a wonderful part of life.

It enhances thinking and living.

Beats ripping up your fingers with saws too.

Westcliffe, CO

#126403 Sep 29, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
More damaged goods for Jesus.
I admit that I take pleasure in the death of your church, but not in your obliteration or torture.
Why? Because I care about your grandchildren. I'm hoping that they won't waste their time or their children's inheritance enabling priests to avoid work like you do.
I'm hoping that they won't give their children to the priests like you did.
And mostly, I'd like them to grow up to be self-actualized adults living authentic lives, not the infantilized doormats for Jesus that litter our culture today.
Didn't they tell you that obedience and worship are for slaves? Probably not. I'll bet they told you that faith was smart, and that meekness was blessed. I'll bet that they told you to be glad of poverty and injustices - to be longsuffering, because you'll get it back in spades after death. I'll bet that they told you that you were wretched flesh, and if struck in the face, to passively offer the other cheek.
Those are slave ethics. We have a better vision for your grandchildren. We want them to be better people than their grandparents.
Heh heh

It really pissed you off when the insurance companies showed you who the real gods were, huh?

Poor IANS, dethroned.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#126404 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
So, are you a lesbian or a guy that wipes his ass from front to back?
That's an odd question to ask somebody. Just sayin

Fennario

#126405 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
As a doctor, he sat there for years, waiting for people to seek him out, to come to him for healing and to relieve their pain. After they completed the insurance forms to arrange payment. They came to him. He didn't scour the countryside seeking them out. Then he complains about an almighty creator who sets on his throne all day and says call me if you need me.
This is your criticism of me? That I didn't scour the countryside looking for patients, but had them come to an office instead? Good point.
Dave Nelson wrote:
While old IANS retired, gets drunk and stoned, has a good time,and does laps around an infinite donut.
You're just jealous, especially about the lapping the infinite donut part.

Fennario

#126406 Sep 29, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it so much better.
Thank you. And welcome to the threads.

Fennario

#126407 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Add the dysentery and diarrhea.
Have you met someone? Are congratulations are in order?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#126408 Sep 29, 2012
LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Beavis, I assure you that neither the croonies or you have done any lac work, lived with reason, or read books with understanding.
If you can not read and discern the Bible, you have no basis for science. You are just another "flat earther", still battling the spherical ancient teachings of the Bible.
No, Beavis, the earth is still not flat, although your mindbot crowd called it a fact. So, Beavis, the tenants and design of science all came from God and the minds of the religious. Your crowd was known as heathens, imbeciles and heretics.
Creation is a thing you do, of mindless ,reasonless socks to support meaningless hyperbole and endless drivel. Science excels above this type stagnation.

Sadly it is that you cannot.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#126409 Sep 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh
It really pissed you off when the insurance companies showed you who the real gods were, huh?
Poor IANS, dethroned.
After reading many of your posts I can now say you as bigger fool as duck12 or are you duck12?

Fennario

#126410 Sep 29, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
For the 49th time ... Who made the Dirt???
If you don't have a dog, it must have been you.

I'm wondering if maybe your church's problem isn't coming from misunderstand the priests' handbook, which that stresses taking care of society's youngest members.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#126411 Sep 29, 2012
LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Yale, Harvard, Oxford, and Princeton, yeah, according to you all came from the mind of religious morons. Ignorance and Atheism have always been twins. You morons have never founded a university of any substance, never started a pre-school or elementary school, and not one state ever was founded and established by you atheist. Without Christians and religious morons, you fools would still be calling blocks wheels and grunting for language.
If you can provide evidence that schools are founded on theistic principle , then by all means please show it to be so.
But education and the true thinkers of all walks of society have come from secular reasoning. Belief has naught to do with scientific discovery.

Even though it burns your small thinking up in a "flash in the pan"

&fe ature=related

Westcliffe, CO

#126412 Sep 29, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an odd question to ask somebody. Just sayin
GML spent considerable effort a while back learning me the proper way to wipe my ass. Front to back was the only proper way according to GML. Such is considered so for women.

GML has some patterns of thought that remind me an awful lot of old Chunky Poo Poo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr James 14,565
News Confessions of a black atheist 3 hr Savant 340
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Dogen 18,495
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr James 153
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr thetruth 1,996
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 9 hr thetruth 23
News The Consequences of Atheism 12 hr Thinking 1,268
More from around the web