Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
116,401 - 116,420 of 224,019 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/art...
Did you see Manchester United's newest forward?
He runs the 100 metre in 9.63
Before I read the article, I was going to call a typo.

Great idea, just hope he doesn't get injured!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

Numbers 23:19

Evolution in the Old Testament?

How many different takes can we get on that statement?
Today's man is a derivative from an earlier man?

Is this a reference to Adam, and then his progeny?

How did the first man lie? Did Adam actually lie?
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
http://www.newworldencyclopedi a.org/entry/platypus
The oldest discovered fossil of the modern platypus dates back to about 100,000 years ago, during the Quaternary period. The extinct monotremes (Teinolophos and Steropodon) were closely related to the modern platypus. The fossilized Steropodon was discovered in New South Wales and is composed of an opalised lower jawbone with three molar teeth (whereas the adult contemporary platypus is toothless). The molar teeth were initially thought to be tribosphenic, which would have supported a variation of Gregory's theory, but later research has suggested that, while they have three cusps, they evolved under a separate process.
The fossil is thought to be about 110 million years old, which means that the platypus-like animal was alive during the Cretaceous period, making it the oldest mammal fossil found in Australia. Monotrematum sudamericanum, another fossil relative of the Platypus, has been found in Argentina, indicating that monotremes were present in the supercontinent of Gondwana when the continents of South America and Australia were joined via Antarctica (up to about 167 million years ago).
Because of the early divergence from the therian mammals and the low numbers of extant monotreme species, it is a frequent subject of research in evolutionary biology. In 2004, researchers at the Australian National University discovered the platypus has ten sex chromosomes, compared with two (XY) in most other mammals (for instance, a male platypus is always XYXYXYXYXY). Although given the XY designation of mammals, the sex chromosomes of the platypus is more similar to the ZZ/ZW sex chromosomes found in birds. It also lacks the mammalian sex-determining gene SRY, meaning that the process of sexdetermination in the platypus remains unknown.
Eagle 12----
“ The fossil is thought to be about 110 million years old, which means that the platypus-like animal was alive during the Cretaceous period.”
Doesn't a Platypus like creature seem to imply evolution had to take place for the modern Platypus to exist?

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

bongo wrote:
<quoted text>...Whats your measure, only those who get inordinately enriched off other peoples suffering? You skells love personal injury , especially where you lay out no expense money and settle fast.
Sorry dude, I don't do PI. Never have.

But I don't criticize those who do either.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be a environmental change to incourage a organism to evolve, without that, there is no need to change.
Not always, and you really over simplified it. Though I understand why, considering who you are addressing. ;)

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you can't swallow your own religion.
But bongo DOES swallow.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
But bongo DOES swallow.
ROFLMAO You owe me a new keyboard, I was drinking coffee when I read this.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been explained to him a couple of dozen times; may be you could use smaller, easier words next time?
Oh, and you might pull the cotton and his fingers out of his ears and put some 100 mile an hour tape over his mouth.
He has no interest in what you say, he is only here for the attention.
I don't think using smaller words would make it any different, he has taken a position and he isn't going to change now.
bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
..Ok mr Kuby
bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO You owe me a new keyboard, I was drinking coffee when I read this.
.. Its mind boggling, the things that amuse a vacillating psychrotic omnifutant atheist who isnt smart enough to converse with Dave. They probably have to slice the hot dogs when you're around.
bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...OK, but you do criticize old wise men who smoke and live like a church mouse on YOUR dime eh?
bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible consists mostly of fakes
...The fatherland consists of prolatariat chiromaniacs that eat sausage and patatoes fertilised with human feces.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

bongo wrote:
<quoted text>..Ok mr Kuby
You're only warm--wrong coast.

But great respect.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>..This is about extremes, what about the uncommon, common sense/
What we call the extremes today were mainstream in the past because they were the first ideas about what they are commenting on.
What do you mean by common sense? Our intuitions which are often false, or rationality (to evaluate evidence without falling into logical fallacies)
If you mean the first it isn't that great http://www.youtube.com/watch...
If you mean the second it isn’t common for the reasons in the link.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Where did you hear this hogwash
<quoted text>
Not 'morphs'
Evolves
Talking about fairy tales!

Dolphins evolved from whales, and both of them evolved from ungulates, hoofed animals, that ate meat and took to the water. Early whales, like Himalayacetus subathuensis, lived on land but possibly lived like crocodiles.
Answer:

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_did_dolphins_e...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

A horse runs through the water and evolves into a whale?

This is what evolution teaches that dolphins and whales evolved from land animals, hoofed animals.

This is the garbage that you atheist believe and you call me stupid?
----------

Dolphins evolved from whales, and both of them evolved from ungulates, hoofed animals, that ate meat and took to the water. Early whales, like Himalayacetus subathuensis, lived on land but possibly lived like crocodiles.
Answer:

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_did_dolphins_e...

Ungulates (pronounced /&#712;&#652;&#331 ;&#609;j&#650;le&# 618;ts/) are several groups of mammals, most of which use the tips of their toes, usually hoofed, to sustain their whole body weight while moving. The term means, roughly, "being hoofed" or "hoofed animal". They make up several orders of mammals, of which six to eight survive. Commonly known examples of ungulates living today are the horse, zebra, donkey, cattle/bison, rhinoceros, camel, hippopotamus, tapir, goat, pig, sheep, giraffe, okapi, moose, elk, deer, antelope, and gazelle.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
The same Father who thought 2 angels couldn't defend themselves and offered to whore out the same daughters. I guess I should have skipped over that part as well :))
As many preacher will tell you the bible is the most dangerous book to read without a guiding hand! Hahahahhahahahaha!!!
<quoted text>
And that is not even the worst one!!! Read Judges 19! One guy sent his daughter and the other sent his concubine to be humbled all night long! New and duckie12 will tell you, being humbled is a good thing, but somehow the poor concubine died the next morning from being too humbled.

That's where we get the saying, "Too much of a good thing..."

Anyway, the concubine's master, cause most of us know what concubine meant, cut her up into 12 pieces and sent the parts out to the 12 tribes!

I never read about that during my 19 years of attending church!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
Numbers 23:19
Evolution in the Old Testament?
How many different takes can we get on that statement?
Today's man is a derivative from an earlier man?
Is this a reference to Adam, and then his progeny?
How did the first man lie? Did Adam actually lie?
You are taking it too literal.

You are taking it out of context.

You don't understand the time for which this was written.

You read the wrong translation.

The original word was did not mean that.

STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
... That is just the best idea I have heard ever
I will donate to a billboard that said,

Judges 19:24 Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

and

Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

bongo wrote:
<quoted text>.. Its mind boggling, the things that amuse a vacillating psychrotic omnifutant atheist who isnt smart enough to converse with Dave. They probably have to slice the hot dogs when you're around.
Oh wait, he was correct? I'm sorry for laughing at your chosen lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••