Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258451 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117195 Aug 15, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you upset?
Sock puppet #1 or #2..... Which one are you?
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117196 Aug 15, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are people who have irrational beliefs (such as believing in a god), and we are pointing that out to them.
They are not irrational beliefs. God keeps you uncomfortable all day long, and we see that. This really pisses you off, doesn't it?
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#117197 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, showing the world on an international forum how hateful atheists are, killing it with each vile post you make.
Buzz off.
Man up,you wimp.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#117198 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism is a religion devoted to hatred, and you represent it well. You must be one of the chief deacons in your religion of hopelessness and desperation.
I fully and completely blame ALL of the current societal woes and problems on people JUST like you. You are a careless, inconsiderate, ungrateful bithc with nothing of positive value in your wasted empty life.
If atheism is a religion, what are our dogmas? I must of missed that meeting or something, come to think of it, where and when are our meetings?
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#117199 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, showing the world on an international forum how hateful atheists are, killing it with each vile post you make.
Buzz off.
Stick around, You'll see the psychotic religiously inflicted wish for people to be tortured for eternity. Is there anything as hateful as that?

“Gott ist tot”

Since: Dec 10

Amarillo, TX

#117200 Aug 15, 2012
I was on this thread months ago and it's still going. I guess the religious just won't give up on trying to say atheism is a faith-based position (it's not, just like every atheist on this thread has tried to tell you but you won't listen). I don't understand why they're so insistent, don't you people think faith is a good thing? Why do you hurl it at us like it's an insult? Could it be because deep down you know that faith is bullshit?
Creation

Winchester, KY

#117201 Aug 15, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
so we have to believe in what we are discussing ?
Well for you, wouldn't that be like debating the existance of Santa Clause?
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117202 Aug 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism is a religion, what are our dogmas? I must of missed that meeting or something, come to think of it, where and when are our meetings?
Right here is where many of you dishonest cowards congregate and have your anonymous atheist conventions of persecution. Otherwise, there are meetings held all over the country where other slimy cowards just like you get all mad and in a rage over a God they wish they could make go away.....but you keep failing and will always fail.

You are hateful to Christians because we recognize your trampy evilness, we successfully expose it, and you don't like that one bit. It infuriates you that we shine the light of goodness in your face with scriptures , sending you into a whirlwind of anger , shame, fear, and disgrace.

Then this leads you to be ugly , dishonest, disrespectful, ungrateful, hateful, and expressive of bitterness like nothing else on earth.
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117203 Aug 15, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick around, You'll see the psychotic religiously inflicted wish for people to be tortured for eternity. Is there anything as hateful as that?
Yes, people like you who lead others to go that Hell. We try to keep you and others out of Hell, while you do all you can to send people to Hell.

So, YOU and people like you, are the very thing that is more hateful.

As far as the wishing thing goes, you wish each night before your hateful mind goes to sleep , to be able to wake up the next day to bash Christians with all your might.....this is why you deserve Hell.
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117204 Aug 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism is a religion,........
Atheism is a term for those who are actually Satan worshippers in disguise. You're not fooling me or anyone.

Your days of enjoying denial are drawing close to an end and your getting very jittery and nervous as your excuse list just ain't good enough.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#117205 Aug 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
My house.

Second Wednesday of every month.

Your absence has been noted.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#117206 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here is where many of you dishonest cowards congregate and have your anonymous atheist conventions of persecution. Otherwise, there are meetings held all over the country where other slimy cowards just like you get all mad and in a rage over a God they wish they could make go away.....but you keep failing and will always fail.
You are hateful to Christians because we recognize your trampy evilness, we successfully expose it, and you don't like that one bit. It infuriates you that we shine the light of goodness in your face with scriptures , sending you into a whirlwind of anger , shame, fear, and disgrace.
Then this leads you to be ugly , dishonest, disrespectful, ungrateful, hateful, and expressive of bitterness like nothing else on earth.
How sweet.

Jesus would be proud of you.

IF he existed.
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#117207 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, people like you who lead others to go that Hell. We try to keep you and others out of Hell, while you do all you can to send people to Hell.
So, YOU and people like you, are the very thing that is more hateful.
As far as the wishing thing goes, you wish each night before your hateful mind goes to sleep , to be able to wake up the next day to bash Christians with all your might.....this is why you deserve Hell.
You're too kind.

Hell only exists in the minds of the demented.

I didn't invent the concept of hell,some retarded religious moron did to control credulous people like you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#117208 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a term for those who are actually Satan worshippers in disguise. You're not fooling me or anyone.
Your days of enjoying denial are drawing close to an end and your getting very jittery and nervous as your excuse list just ain't good enough.
So to you, Muslims as Satanists, Jews are Satanists, Hindus are Satanists ... etc.

Why do you hate humanity so much?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#117209 Aug 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My house.
I am such a failure as an atheist! I should convert to an easier religion, like christianity. I think I can handle just smiling, nodding, and replying "god dun it" to everything.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#117210 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism is a religion devoted to hatred, and you represent it well. You must be one of the chief deacons in your religion of hopelessness and desperation.
I fully and completely blame ALL of the current societal woes and problems on people JUST like you. You are a careless, inconsiderate, ungrateful bithc with nothing of positive value in your wasted empty life.
There you go Kitten.

This greybox may just be our old friend Pat Robertson.

Fremont, CA

#117212 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here is where many of you dishonest cowards congregate and have your anonymous atheist conventions of persecution. Otherwise, there are meetings held all over the country where other slimy cowards just like you get all mad and in a rage over a God they wish they could make go away.
ATHEIST NOTICE ATHEIST NOTICE

Our cell will meet tonight at my house, 8 p.m. sharp.

Please be prompt and wear your uniforms.

I will supply the booze. Bring a salad, appetizer or dessert.

To gain entry to the meeting, the password is "let's get all mad and in a rage."

Fremont, CA

#117213 Aug 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My house.
We'll catch her up at the special meeting tonight.

Be there or be square.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#117214 Aug 15, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Aug12.....
.....Vell, vell, vell...looked vot showed up....Dumbo II.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
talking about your self again

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#117215 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzz off.
get out of here and go back to your hatefull sect!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 1 hr wondering 10
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr replaytime 67,566
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 28,712
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Eagle 12 3,559
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
More from around the web