Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255567 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#110861 Jul 5, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When Bob of QF kept quoting his favorite author I pointed out that Terry was a plagiarist. Instead of being civilized about it he started calling me a $5 hoor all across the Topix board. You can't reason with psychotic.
06Jul12.....

.....dat's vhy BobLoblah calls 'bobOfQF' the most hateful poster on TOPIX Forums. He calls everyone a hoare ven he is angry...and he is always angry.

Ps:....Probably not getting any nooky, BobLoblah dinks.

.....like a few udders hereIN toooooooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#110862 Jul 5, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It seems he may have used different palettes for different pieces.
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/NASA_Missio...
Thanks, I remember that vehicle when it crashed but looks like they did get some good samples from it.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#110863 Jul 5, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
He is, silly.
07Jul12.....

.....You're wrong.

Ps:.....Dead Wrong.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#110864 Jul 5, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Why? because I was not nice to you? what?, you want a word ((hug)). aww,,poor atheist. Stop your sniffling and man up cream puff.
Its each person's responsibility to worry about his or her eternity. Worry about you, don't worry about me.
As a matter of fact, tell Jesus this exact post when you stand before him in judgment. I'm sure your opinion and inferences about me, a stranger to you will make Jesus totally forgot that you died rejecting his existence and rejecting him as God.
But wait, you don't believe God exist but you're here providing asinine suppositions to someone else that calls Jesus Christ God.
You atheists honestly are some the....
:)
I'm going to let it go.
07Jul12.....

.....Yes.

BobLoblah agrees. Let it go.

Ps:.....Quite a fews of dese eeejits hereIN are schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#110865 Jul 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
God has not lied. You are displeased because you no longer can hold Christianity to the very narrow definition of a day in creation.
Sorry, I’m not bound by your interpretation. Get mad, upset or whatever you do when you are disgruntled. What matters is what I believe.
We both can agree that the earth is very old, that’s for sure.
If God knew the truth and told a different story, told a lie. It's that plain and simple. Oh wait! I get it, your "interpretation" of what constitutes a lie is different than what everybody know to be the definition. How is that not a lie?
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#110866 Jul 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Earth is very old. I came to this conclusion after visiting the Grand Canyon. I don’t think geologist are crazy when they say the Earth is billions of years old.
I also believe the Genesis account of creation. That everything was created in six days.
How can I believe both?
Genesis was written to a unlearned civilization. The story of creation had to be written in the simplest forms for them to understand. The six days of creation are the six steps or six stages of creation.
It comes down to what is the proper interpretation of God’s work day? God’s work day isn’t the same as mans. It doesn’t have to be.
07Jul12.....

Agreed.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#110867 Jul 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the problem here, you can’t read. I asked you how many times do I need to answer the same question 100, 200 a 1000 times.
But I will show you one post. I answered your question back on Monday June 18 post #107224.
Oh what the heck how about another. I answered your question back on Tuesday June 19th #107390.
How about Friday June 22 #107674.
Like I said you don’t want an answer. You want to harass and cyber bully.
You are a Cyber Bully and a Cyber Stalker. You have a bully mentality which isn’t a compliment by the way. You are a freaking gutless coward. A Cyber punk. You’re inept in your arguments and your annotations.
You have been harassing me since June 18th. I’m not going anywhere home boy. I’m here and I don’t run away from bullies. Not you or anyone.
07Jul12.....

.....ReadUP your own words in your message, ya schidt-for-brains.

Ps:....and hypocrite.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#110868 Jul 6, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
It better be in your french maid outfit, like we agreed on.
:-)
Yes, sir!

Shall I just your computer for you?

Some stable somewhere

#110869 Jul 6, 2012
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I made a mistake. Once. Turns out I was wrong.
hahahaha!

Some stable somewhere

#110870 Jul 6, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please clean your shower door?
I can barely see anything.
Sure. Better?

Oh! Quick, Tide, come over! There's guy outside my shower with binoculars and a camera! I'm going to hurt him. You may want to call an ambulance.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#110871 Jul 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Hiding but I’m not a linguist.
I could at one time speak and read a little Spanish but that was long ago.
Studying Ancient Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic is not something I want to do. I’d rather be riding my motorcycle down the back roads of Illinois.
07Jul12.....

....while BobLoblah has the 'basics' of Eleven (11) languages, BobLoblah 'presently' would rather be riding BobLoblah's motorcycle down the coastLine of the Mediterranean.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Some stable somewhere

#110872 Jul 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When Bob of QF kept quoting his favorite author I pointed out that Terry was a plagiarist. Instead of being civilized about it he started calling me a $5 hoor all across the Topix board. You can't reason with psychotic.
Terry Prachet plagiarized? I have real troubles believing that.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#110873 Jul 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sir!
Shall I just your computer for you?
Indeed, madam!

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#110874 Jul 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Hiding but I’m not a linguist.
I could at one time speak and read a little Spanish but that was long ago.
Studying Ancient Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic is not something I want to do. I’d rather be riding my motorcycle down the back roads of Illinois.
English, "Christianized", translations of the OT/NT are nothing like the faithful to word to word translations with full exploratory lexicons that other translations are.

Admittedly, I'm atheist, and due to that, I've discovered that it truly is myth, but, the differences are, at times, astounding in what translators have decided to put in place of words that while it does roughly translate to an approximate meaning, it still doesn't read the same. It just doesn't. It'd be difficult to describe the differences in this venue, except to say it's like the difference between real cornbread and that other stuff.

I'm commenting from the point of view of a former Christian, that was sent to private Christian schools, and had a class every day of the school year(plus church etc...) concerning the bible/Christianity.

I use it a good bit in responses here and other places, and I mention it, I recommend it, but Bible Works, http://www.bibleworks.com/ , is a really good bible software with around 100 translations of the bible. It has just about every relevant translation conceivable.

It almost removes the need to be fluent in all of the various languages that the bible was authored in/translated to in being able to cross reference and check against the original word meanings etc...

Almost.

I was atheist before I ever acquired the software, I became tired of being told I couldn't comment about Christianity or the bible(even with my education/upbringing), unless I knew the languages etc...so, I got it. It only reinforced what I knew already, and I say to this day.

A good Christian education is the best defense against Christianity.

Some stable somewhere

#110875 Jul 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Earth is very old. I came to this conclusion after visiting the Grand Canyon. I don’t think geologist are crazy when they say the Earth is billions of years old.
I also believe the Genesis account of creation. That everything was created in six days.
How can I believe both?
Genesis was written to a unlearned civilization. The story of creation had to be written in the simplest forms for them to understand. The six days of creation are the six steps or six stages of creation.
It comes down to what is the proper interpretation of God’s work day? God’s work day isn’t the same as mans. It doesn’t have to be.
And this is how we're going to get you to understand biological science!

Because if you're willing to allow for a deity powerful and smart enough to have a 13 billion year plan, evolution isn't any more difficult.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#110876 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists that refute your beliefs, are fit to comment. And those are my sources.
You can't tell your arse from a hole in the ground. I have already established you to have zero understanding of any related to natural science. How can you even pretend to know what a good/bad source is?
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists do understand the fundementals <sic> of the related fields.
Scientists do, yes
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
And those are the Scientists that are used to refute your Lie.
Your sources has never anything to do with science
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem you have, is most of the Scientific Community refutes your belief that the Human originated by evolutionary processes.
Hahahahaha! Blatant lie. That is accepted in EVERY accredited university on earth.
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't defend it. So the only recourse you have is to desperately try and claim that the scientists that disagree with you are a fraud. And those that use those scientists to refute your lie can't comment.
Sick religion you have there.
Okay. To prove your point, show me ONE (1) University accredited for the teaching of geology, biology, paleontology, anthroplogy that rejects The Theory of Evolution (man evolving from apes).

Just one.

I can give you a list of 10,000 universities that DO accept the Theory of Evolution (Yes, that includes man evolving from apes)

#110877 Jul 6, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Meticulous research ability? Was it not you who argued that Criss Angel's levitation trick was real? You're out of your league, son.
Hahaha!

Good one!

Some stable somewhere

#110878 Jul 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
God has not lied. You are displeased because you no longer can hold Christianity to the very narrow definition of a day in creation.
Sorry, I’m not bound by your interpretation. Get mad, upset or whatever you do when you are disgruntled. What matters is what I believe.
We both can agree that the earth is very old, that’s for sure.
I'd just like to add, it was Bishop Ussher and not God who decided the Earth was only 6000 years old - 4004 BC, Oct. 27th at 9 AM, later changed to 11 AM with cutting edge information.

The Bible doesn't actually list dates of Creation.

Some stable somewhere

#110879 Jul 6, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>06Jul12.....
.....and you would know.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Ahhhhh, so sweet!

/hug

#110880 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>But you have no natural explanation for it. Only your fallback religious talking points that everything has to have a natural explanation.
You mind is too small and limited to compete with me atheist.
Uhh.

No

We have plenty of natural explanations. We have posted Youtube videos of other people faking it.

Magnets, Strings bought crowds are all sometimes used for different tricks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min renee 35,664
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 29 min Richardfs 15,028
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 30 min An NFL Fan 20,207
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Patrick 4,510
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 13 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 45
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr ChristineM 23,879
News "Being an atheist does not mean being anti-Chri... (Dec '14) 16 hr thetruth 26
More from around the web