Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 3,162)

Showing posts 63,221 - 63,240 of216,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

T Leary wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the Colt 1911. One hundred years old now and still a viable part of any arsnel.
John Browning was da man.

“Twoof, a true act of ignorance”

Since: Jun 09

Olds, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Princess Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do. I believe in the IPU, bless Her Holy hooves, may They never be shod.
:)
And that is enough to make me believe!

Thank you:-)

Olds, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>does it mean they don't
*facepalm*

Olds, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing about lion cubs , is they grow up .
And when they do you better feed them or ugh you could be on the menu. Damn cats eat better than me!
It would never happen, just ask Siegfried and R...nvm.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>lying for Darwin must be a badge for idiots
Atheist are liars
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

T-Town, Darwin isn't a God. Just so's you know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>It would never happen, just ask Siegfried and R...nvm.
Eat better and me?

“....hoist the Jolly Roger ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

the Sequoia sylablry was a revision of the ancient Kutani (Priest clan )script simplified to 85 characters it had nothing to do with whitemans alphabet. Each letter stands for a sound in the Cherrokee language and conveys more information when compared to english where several letters may be needed. a traditional speaker can become literate it in an average of three months compared to english which much takes longer. some of the ancient letters are still around and convey information in a dialect known to decendants of the now defunct hereditary priest clan which was nearly exterminated then permanantly disbanded for abuse of religous authority about 100 yrs before European contact. We;ve always been (Anti theocratic)some what secular. sequoia's mother was of the taliwa (scolar priests)a female member of one five divisions of the kutani. so it didn't have anything to do With europeans except Sequoisas desire to put our nation on equal terms with the whites by having our own written language avaitable to everyone and as a means of comunication that couldn't be read by whites or other indians.
RESP0NSE wrote:
<quoted text>In addition, you guys did not even have a written language until Sequoyah can into contact with Europeans and invented one based on their ideas.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Princess Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to Bobloblah blah blah blah anyway. I ran into him on one of the Topix game threads where he was insulting every poster. Obviously he hasn't changed.
Bob is currently posting as Bongo and several other gray-boxers.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Princess Sue wrote:
I see I spoke too soon, good ol' blah blah blah is still around.
Meaning the average IQ of the posters on this forum has been cut by 50%.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> John Browning was da man.
Ah, agreed. I used to have a 9mm Hi-Power, Belgian made of course.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Bob is currently posting as Bongo and several other gray-boxers.
Wow, some people really need to get a life. I don't understand these people who create multiple personalities. Taking Topix a wee bit too seriously methinks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

T Leary wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, agreed. I used to have a 9mm Hi-Power, Belgian made of course.
His designs include the mod 1911 colt. As well as the infamous browning shot gun , the BAR and most every design is a emulation of his ideas. The 1911 frame and slide is the most emulated pistol design there is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

"Ponce" is an iritable bigot Who's ethnocentric malice is demonstrated by His inability to present facts rather than opinions based in theist propaganda. missionaries first made the same false claims because it was unacceptable that native people should be able to have a written language which was considered the sole perogative of white europeans. even going so far as to say that sequoia's sylablry was given to him by the Devil. This is common history of which I'm sure "ponce" is aware proving Him a closet Christian and an intentional liar!!!!
What you refuse to Say is

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
"Ponce" is an iritable bigot Who's ethnocentric malice is demonstrated by His inability to present facts rather than opinions based in theist propaganda. missionaries first made the same false claims because it was unacceptable that native people should be able to have a written language which was considered the sole perogative of white europeans. even going so far as to say that sequoia's sylablry was given to him by the Devil. This is common history of which I'm sure "ponce" is aware proving Him a closet Christian and an intentional liar!!!!
Your evidence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

read the posts he' written concerin Native people and to Me. then theres a Cherrokee web site by Cherrokee who emigrated to mexico where Sequoia died and there was a book by yellowbird traveler "Tell them they Lie" both the eastern and western Cherrokee nations have a web site for research . I learned all this growing up but it has been presented in a number of books. thats about the best I can do off the top of my head without doing some reasearch myself for the names of Authors and book titles I've forgotten.
What you refuse to Say is wrote:
<quoted text>
Your evidence?

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
<quoted text>read the posts he' written concerin Native people and to Me. then theres a Cherrokee web site by Cherrokee who emigrated to mexico where Sequoia died and there was a book by yellowbird traveler "Tell them they Lie" both the eastern and western Cherrokee nations have a web site for research . I learned all this growing up but it has been presented in a number of books. thats about the best I can do off the top of my head without doing some reasearch myself for the names of Authors and book titles I've forgotten.
Thanks, I'll see what I can find...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

"there's a book called "Way of the Priests" part of the "Real People series" A Historical fiction based on actual events By a Cherrokee Author I read it years ago. the truth concerning sequoia's alphabet is part of the story. it is a good place to start if realy want to run all this down. sincerly Cpt. Jack
What you refuse to Say is wrote:
<quoted text>
Your evidence?

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
<quoted text>"there's a book called "Way of the Priests" part of the "Real People series" A Historical fiction based on actual events By a Cherrokee Author I read it years ago. the truth concerning sequoia's alphabet is part of the story. it is a good place to start if realy want to run all this down. sincerly Cpt. Jack
Thanks again

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine digs the clown. He does come up with some beauties from time to time, you gotta admit!
To each his own.......... you, I adore, but any old fart, calling me a fart knocker had best be prepared to get knocked!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>*facepalm*
cry-baby

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 63,221 - 63,240 of216,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Introducing The Universal Religion 11 min jide oni 559
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 29 min EdSed 20,812
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 46 min TerryL 1,053
'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 51 min So What 6,996
By 2024, The Democrats Will Be An Atheist Party 8 hr JonahSed 7
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) 8 hr PINCH111 284
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 8 hr hazem selawi 2,979
•••
•••
•••
•••