Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236273 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Your devil story is retarded.
If your god was all powerful it would have already defeated the devil in the past.
<quoted text>
You are partly right. The devil is retarded because he could still be sucking on margaritas in heaven if it wasnít because he was so da*n stupid.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236274 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
churches are getting very silent over here. And empty. And becoming gastro pubs.
<quoted text>
Thatís why my descendants left the UK.

The Kings religion, and dingy dirty rat infested castles su*ked.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#236275 Sep 5, 2014
@ Eagle 12:

"But personally I donít see any concrete evidence that says we evolved from primates. Iím just not buying everything evolutionist are putting out there. Like I said itís pure fantasy to believe whales evolved from hoofed land animals. Itís a Walt Disney type tale that applies to the tail."
/// People much smarter and more versed in this than you and I combined have made it easier for us to understand - http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti... . And if for whatever reason they are proven to be wrong and new information comes about to debunk this then I am confident that the scientists will be the first to admit that they were wrong and jump on the new evidence.///

"I believe mankind was created purposely by a designer. I also believe many of the animals today were purposely created like for example the humming bird. Others evolved over time. I think itís entirely possible there were prototypes of mankind as God tinkered in his garage sort of speak. But in the end God created and the first example of CPR was applied to Adam to start his pulmonary system."
/// I disagree with that belief. Humans have too many physical flaws to have been created by an "intelligent designer" i.e. a "god". If you wish to use the story of Adam and Eve as just that, a story, to describe what was an unknown on how mankind came to be then that's fine. But to have a belief that "poof" man was created from dirt and woman was created from the rib of a man and stick to that litteral interpretation then I strongly disagree.///

"50 years ago Atheist thought it was a joke when they read where God removed a rib from Adam to create Eve. Today we know the rib bone has stem cells. And we understand the possibilities of what can be done with stem cells."
/// 50 seconds ago I still thought it was a joke to believe that a "god" took a rib from a man he created and turned it into another human. I suspect that I will still think that for quite some time from now as well.///

Your belief is excessively full of holes that few seem to have a desire to fill. To look further into filling those holes and impossibilities requires one to think that something is wrong or amiss with the "holy scriptures". And to have the belief that one thing in the bible may be wrong, what is there to say that something else could be wrong? And another and another until finally it is realized that the bible was just a conglomeration of stories written and put together by ancient man to explain the then unexplainable. Some stories were kept and some thrown out depending on if the author said what the men of the time wanted to believe.
This isn't to say that modern man has all the answers...far from it, however the answers we do have, from experience as a society with the desire to explore, easily shows that the bible as a factual document on the creation of everything does not hold water.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236276 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I concede that religion is dying of old age over here.
<quoted text>
Speaking about dying, you freaking Europeans nearly wiped out the entire human population with the bubonic plague.

All because of your infatuation with those nasty rats. You probably have one sitting across the table right now looking at you. Do any of yaíll own a house cat?

Get rid of those rats dude before yaíll wipe out the entire population again. Stop making pets out of those nasty creatures.

Reality, USA

#236277 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in our Bible comes as close as ridiculous tale as a four legged hoofed animals turning into a whale outfitted with a sophisticated sonar system.
I mean even the Cinderella Story is more believable.
But you freaking Atheist will believe just about any pseudo tale from science.
Well, let's see. We have already covered the "poof" thingie of man created from dirt and "poof" woman from the rib of a man.

How about a talking serpent?
Talking vegetation (bush)?
A woman turning into a pillar of salt?
Moses' rod turning into a serpent?

And that is just the first two books.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#236278 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partly right. The devil is retarded because he could still be sucking on margaritas in heaven if it wasnít because he was so da*n stupid.
Don't forget that one third of the angels supposedly followed him. If Heaven is a place of absolute perfection, this should not have happened. Ever notice how many of your god's creations end in abject failure?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236279 Sep 5, 2014
Just a question about Atheist guru Sir Richard Dawkins.

I wonder when he looks at his partner in crime Steven Hawkins, if he thinks his parents should have aborted him?

But on the other hand I wonder if Steven Hawkins looks at Richard Dawkins and think Dawkins parents should have aborted him.[laughing]

Do you think Atheism has Neo NAZI cult following? Because I see some similarities in the desire for the master race.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236280 Sep 5, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see. We have already covered the "poof" thingie of man created from dirt and "poof" woman from the rib of a man.
And that is just the first two books.
And Atheist believe a 4 legged hoofed animals tried to jump over a river and fell in the water morphing into a whale with sophisticated sonar.

When you refer to the serpent in the garden of Eden. Are you talking about the post-cursed or pre-cursed serpent?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#236281 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Your devil story is retarded.
If your god was all powerful it would have already defeated the devil in the past.
<quoted text>
he's actually our usefull lil slave dog to help prove the hearts of man. so far, you're proving yourself to be devious like him.....

Reality, USA

#236282 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Atheist believe a 4 legged hoofed animals tried to jump over a river and fell in the water morphing into a whale with sophisticated sonar.
When you refer to the serpent in the garden of Eden. Are you talking about the post-cursed or pre-cursed serpent?
I detect a slight trace of sarcasm in your hoofed animals jumping over a river. If sarcasm was not your intent then please do read some more on evolution, the article I linked, as well as many more articles from reputable sources easily found via your favorite search engine.

I know of no other talking serpents other than the "pre-cursed" one. The "post-cursed" one you suggest probably had too much of a dry mouth, from eating dust, to be able to speak anymore...yes, that was sarcasm.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236283 Sep 5, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
@ Eagle 12:
"But personally I donít see any concrete evidence that says we evolved from primates. Iím just not buying everything evolutionist are putting out there/// I disagree with that belief. Humans have too many physical flaws to have been created by an "intelligent designer" i.e. a "god". If you wish to use the story of Adam and Eve as just that, a story, to describe what was an unknown on how mankind came to be then that's fine. But to have a belief that "poof" man was created from dirt and woman was created from the rib of a man and stick to that litteral interpretation then I strongly disagree.///
"50 years ago Atheist thought it was a joke when they read where God removed a rib from Adam to create Eve. Today we know the rib bone has stem cells. And we understand the possibilities of what can be done with stem cells."
/// 50 seconds ago I still thought it was a joke to believe that a "god" took a rib from a man he created and turned it into another human. I suspect that I will still think that for quite some time from now as well.///
factual document on the creation of everything does not hold water.
One of the reason I came to this site was too see if Atheist could convince me there were holes sort of speak in my faith. I have found the complete opposite. Atheism has shored up what I believe in the Bible and about God.

There has not been one scripture or one story reported in the Bible that Atheist bring up that has ever discouraged me. What I have found that Atheist are poorly prepared in discussing the bible. They go to these Atheistic pre-packaged sites and plagiarize what some incompetent idiot has annotated.

And because that idiot didnít bother to do any research before making his or her point. It has been a cake walk. Iím mean itís like playing softball with three year olds. Now I have came across on occasion some very intelligent Atheist. But these types stay in the boundaries of their college discipline.

But even then these very educated types have only helped me understand. And not once discouraged my faith. There knowledge I have appreciated very much. Because they have help me gain a better understanding in some discussions.

The holes I find are in the Atheistic belief. Atheist are far less objective and much more narrow minded than Christians. This works in my advantage in these arena engagements. Honestly itís not a fair fight but hey thatís what makes it so much fun for me. I enjoy shooting holes into an already shoddy belief system. Atheist are very predictable and bring absolutely no new arguments to the table which makes this just too easy.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236284 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're lying.
Finches.
<quoted text>
oh you get to say that the Bible condones the rape of children and not back it up and still be an upstanding humanist, but i make a remark about darwin and you call moi the liar?!

see how insane people get when they bond with the insanely narcissitic devil? even when a Christian is wrong we're still more right than a demoniac!

'know you not that we will be the judges of men and devils???'

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236285 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thereís been a innumerable number of atrocities over the centuries to many people because of intolerant bigots. Some are occurring right now not that far from where you live. And in history many of those atrocities were done to Jews and Christians in Europe.
In 2 hours via jet aircraft you could be right smack in the middle of a war zone where atrocities are occurring right this very minute to Christians, Jews, and Muslims.
I didnít have anything to do with burning of witches. Iím a former fire fighter and I have been burned in an aviation fire. I wouldnít want to see anyone get burned alive including witches. Iím not denying atrocities occurred throughout history. But itís asinine to think it hasnít happened to Christians and Jews because it has happened in far greater numbers.
i 'burned' a few witches up (if you know what i mean;-) back in the day. then i kicked them out of bed, gave them cab fare and told them i don't wanna see them in the light of day....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#236286 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You used the word silent. So did I.
Religion is dying of old age over here.
<quoted text>
According to The Guardian in the last decade the Muslim population in the UK has increased from 1.6 million to 2.9 million. Is that what your definition of dying of old age translates to?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#236287 Sep 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered them appropriately, you just didn't like the honesty.
No you didn't. Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need your permission, do I.
Smile.
To answer my questions, no you don't - but it does show your cowardliness.

Reality, USA

#236288 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reason I came to this site was too see if Atheist could convince me there were holes sort of speak in my faith. I have found the complete opposite. Atheism has shored up what I believe in the Bible and about God.
There has not been one scripture or one story reported in the Bible that Atheist bring up that has ever discouraged me. What I have found that Atheist are poorly prepared in discussing the bible. They go to these Atheistic pre-packaged sites and plagiarize what some incompetent idiot has annotated.
And because that idiot didnít bother to do any research before making his or her point. It has been a cake walk. Iím mean itís like playing softball with three year olds. Now I have came across on occasion some very intelligent Atheist. But these types stay in the boundaries of their college discipline.
But even then these very educated types have only helped me understand. And not once discouraged my faith. There knowledge I have appreciated very much. Because they have help me gain a better understanding in some discussions.
The holes I find are in the Atheistic belief. Atheist are far less objective and much more narrow minded than Christians. This works in my advantage in these arena engagements. Honestly itís not a fair fight but hey thatís what makes it so much fun for me. I enjoy shooting holes into an already shoddy belief system. Atheist are very predictable and bring absolutely no new arguments to the table which makes this just too easy.
And another interesting way of writing to completely divert and avoid questions posed to you. Why am I not surprised?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236289 Sep 5, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I detect a slight trace of sarcasm in your hoofed animals jumping over a river. If sarcasm was not your intent then please do read some more on evolution, the article I linked, as well as many more articles from reputable sources easily found via your favorite search engine.
I know of no other talking serpents other than the "pre-cursed" one. The "post-cursed" one you suggest probably had too much of a dry mouth, from eating dust, to be able to speak anymore...yes, that was sarcasm.
I have researched hoofed animals morphing into whales via evolution. When the speculation and artist conceptions are removed from the science thereís just nothing there at all.

And yes there are at times some sarcasm comes from me because I see it coming this way often. But in all honesty I just canít believe everything put out there by evolutionist. I just donít have a child like imagination to be gullible to believe a hoofed animal evolved into whales of any sort. Itís just too bazaar.

When one considers the advanced sonar capability of whales & dolphins itís just beyond me to believe a lot of this hype from evolutionist. Now I do believe as I stated before some aspects of evolution as it is pretty obvious.

Other bazaar aspects that are reached entirely on speculation I just refuse to believe.

Reality, USA

#236290 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have researched hoofed animals morphing into whales via evolution. When the speculation and artist conceptions are removed from the science thereís just nothing there at all.
And yes there are at times some sarcasm comes from me because I see it coming this way often. But in all honesty I just canít believe everything put out there by evolutionist. I just donít have a child like imagination to be gullible to believe a hoofed animal evolved into whales of any sort. Itís just too bazaar.
When one considers the advanced sonar capability of whales & dolphins itís just beyond me to believe a lot of this hype from evolutionist. Now I do believe as I stated before some aspects of evolution as it is pretty obvious.
Other bazaar aspects that are reached entirely on speculation I just refuse to believe.
And yet you are childish enough to believe this:

And childish enough to put your hands over your ears and say "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!! I can't hear you therefore I cannot answer what you wrote to me! LA-LA-LA-LA!!"
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236291 Sep 5, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you are childish enough to believe this:
And childish enough to put your hands over your ears and say "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!! I can't hear you therefore I cannot answer what you wrote to me! LA-LA-LA-LA!!"
Hereís something you need to keep in mind when referring to the talking pre-cursed serpent. We do not know what it looked like. Obviously different than the post-cursed serpent.

You donít think animals can talk to humans?

It is not unheard off in this day and time to have animals actually talk to humans in our language. The African Grey Parrot is known for not just talking but comprehending human language. We are not talking about mimicking but more advanced communication.

I had a couple of birds that lived with us in my home in Houston. These were cockatiels and they learned to respond to certain questions asked to them. One of my good friends had a cockatiel that would talk in plain human language.

Some species of birds are far more intelligent than you might think. Other animals like the primates for example have in some cases learned sign language. And have been able to communicate to researchers at a much higher level than previously thought.

So animals communicating to us is not far fetched. Some people are even able to understand what their dogs and cats are trying to communicate.

Did you know there is to this day a pillar of salt in the region of Sodom and Gomorrah? It looks as if a woman was frozen in time looking back. Is it the actual one the bible is referring too? I donít know. But there's something there to this day.
Patrick

United States

#236292 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hereís something you need to keep in mind when referring to the talking pre-cursed serpent. We do not know what it looked like. Obviously different than the post-cursed serpent.
You donít think animals can talk to humans?
It is not unheard off in this day and time to have animals actually talk to humans in our language. The African Grey Parrot is known for not just talking but comprehending human language. We are not talking about mimicking but more advanced communication.
I had a couple of birds that lived with us in my home in Houston. These were cockatiels and they learned to respond to certain questions asked to them. One of my good friends had a cockatiel that would talk in plain human language.
Some species of birds are far more intelligent than you might think. Other animals like the primates for example have in some cases learned sign language. And have been able to communicate to researchers at a much higher level than previously thought.
So animals communicating to us is not far fetched. Some people are even able to understand what their dogs and cats are trying to communicate.
Did you know there is to this day a pillar of salt in the region of Sodom and Gomorrah? It looks as if a woman was frozen in time looking back. Is it the actual one the bible is referring too? I donít know. But there's something there to this day.
and...

It is estimated that 233,000 men in the US will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year. Although current screening methods for the disease - such as digital rectal exams - aid early detection, they are not always accurate. But with the help of "man's best friend," a new screening technique could be in the cards.

A new study from Italian researchers, presented at the 109th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Urological Association in Orlando, FL, found that specially trained dogs were able to detect prostate cancer from urine samples with 98% accuracy.

There is no denying a dog's extraordinary sense of smell. While we have around 5 million olfactory cells in our noses - receptors that detect different odors - dogs have approximately 200 million. It is dogs' acute ability to trace scents that has made them so attractive to the medical world.

In November last year, a spotlight feature from Medical News Today delved into the world of medical detection dogs. The feature looked at how the animals can help alert a diabetic owner to high or low blood sugar levels through being trained to detect a specific scent in their breath or sweat.

The feature also explored how dogs are now being used for detection of various cancers. One study revealed that trained detection dogs were able to detect ovarian cancer in tissue and blood samples through sniffing out volatile organic compounds (VOCs). A 2011 study, conducted by researchers at UK charity Medical Detection Dogs, found that such compounds could also be biomarkers of bladder cancer.

The authors of this latest research note that in 2010, a study demonstrated that specially trained dogs were able to smell VOCs released into urine from prostate cancer tumors. But this study only involved 33 patients. Therefore, the Italian research team set out to determine dogs' detection accuracy in a larger sample.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr thetruth 25
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 hr tha Professor 1,012
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 10 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 20 hr Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 20 hr Carchar king 4
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 20 hr Carchar king 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE