Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236585 Sep 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not really.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Perhaps you meant a volatile display like an LED? Come on, raise your game.
<quoted text>
You understand the difference between analog and digital?

Bubba, when a digital clock is broken it won't even turn on.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236586 Sep 11, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving an animal a name make a person a zoologist? Now you are really stretching. What "scientific" things did he do that you or I could not do? I can name an animal. Hell, my kids named animals when they were two. You will have to do better than that.
Does an Astronomer have to have a University degree to do Astronomy? There are thousands of armature Astronomers and some have even made some rather interesting discoveries.

The Wright Brothers whom we have discussed here before were scientist. How could they not be? They were credited with building and flying the first airplane. In their regular jobs they were bicycle mechanics. But these two brothers were also scientist who gave birth to aeronautics.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#236587 Sep 11, 2014
eagle11 wrote:
<quoted text>Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Unless it's digital.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#236588 Sep 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>A bigoted generalization.

Proverbs 8

Smile.
Fart

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#236589 Sep 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I listed more than two in first two verses of the Bible.

Smile.
Burp

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#236590 Sep 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Then along came the digital clocks. And when they are broke they are wrong all the time.
Not necessarily.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#236591 Sep 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>What is the oldest profession?

It’s not prostitution as many may profess. It’s actually being a Zoologist.

Adam in the book of Genesis was the first scientist ever and he was a Zoologist by profession. He was given the task of naming the animals on the Earth. God created the first scientist and he was Adam.
Good luck with that.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#236592 Sep 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the oldest profession?
It’s not prostitution as many may profess. It’s actually being a Zoologist.
Adam in the book of Genesis was the first scientist ever and he was a Zoologist by profession. He was given the task of naming the animals on the Earth. God created the first scientist and he was Adam.
LOLOLOL
Beagle boy ,,youre losing it

Adam and biBULL is all MYTHO L O G Y !!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236593 Sep 11, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I removed a portion of your post, it was because I chose not to respond on that part of it.
Now if you want to think of my post as a strawman.....well do so....you have every right......but understand that it was just an example of your posts to me and what you are trying to say.....
Nothing of substance.
1. So why did you lie about censoring it?

2. The fact is, your post was a straw man argument. You avoided the logic of what I posted and postulated a stupid substitution in a vain attempt to shift the focus.

3. Your posts are nothing like my posts. You chose to respond to my post and then bailed when it was clear you have no rational response.

Classic 'rational atheist' oxymoron deceit and denial.

Smile.

Location hidden

#236594 Sep 11, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I removed a portion of your post,
I accept your concession.

Smirk.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#236595 Sep 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I just don't understand why homophobia is still so widespread. Older members of my family say they don't what the fuss is all about now, but most would have held homophobic views when they were my age.
<quoted text>
That's true, it was different in earlier generations. In those days it was even criminal activity.

Personally I don't see what everyone's problem is - with another's private life. Then again, I'm not a bigoted funny-mentalist.

Location hidden

#236596 Sep 11, 2014
Well,'spiritual leader'(a double oxymoron) has bailed.

Isn't there a single 'rational atheist' oxymoron who can answer the challenge?

This isn't complicated, I simply asked how the recently understood details of the big bang theory confirm what the Bible noted thousands of years ago. How did they get in there?
Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Here we have science confirming what the very first verse of the Bible states: There was a specific moment when the heavens and earth were created.
Interestingly, the article YOU referenced noted that there are likely additional universes in existence, something also predated by the Bible speaking of Heaven and Hell.
2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
This verse notes that initially the earth was without form. Wow, NAILED that fact!
But get this! It notes two even more profound facts:
~The three most common elements are Helium, Nitrogen and Oxygen. "The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters."
~"Darkness was over the surface of the deep." The article notes that light was restrained for hundreds of thousands of years!
"For the first 380,000 years or so, the universe was essentially too hot for light to shine. The heat of creation smashed atoms together with enough force to break them up into a dense plasma, an opaque soup of protons, neutrons and electrons that scattered light like fog."
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
If you can't explain this, then simply say so, but I really expected a 'new age spiritual LEADER' to have a better grip on this...
Oh, something to think about down the road. The article notes the possibility that the universe could one day RETRACT! Something the Bible already noted...
http://www.space.com/52-the-expanding-univers ...

Smile.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#236597 Sep 11, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You , have been reported to the " topix " moderators ..
What's wrong with you ..?!
You , don't think ...I , have feelings ...?
..for ..shame..!
Simple Simon is back.
:-)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#236598 Sep 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
When did religious bullshitters Evolve?
<quoted text>
They've been with us since the caveman days, I should think. Certainly pre-Xian, they BSed about the pagan gods around back then.

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."
- Aristotle

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/ar...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236599 Sep 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's digital.
Nice to see you back.
Patrick

United States

#236600 Sep 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. So why did you lie about censoring it?
2. The fact is, your post was a straw man argument. You avoided the logic of what I posted and postulated a stupid substitution in a vain attempt to shift the focus.
3. Your posts are nothing like my posts. You chose to respond to my post and then bailed when it was clear you have no rational response.
Classic 'rational atheist' oxymoron deceit and denial.
Smile.
Classic "KiMare" Egocentrism ?

Mellow out with some coffee

Chocolate Coffee Biscuit Brown

Chocolate coffee biscuit brown
See the dusky girl in town
Coffee mocha honey skin
Amber eyes are full of sin.

Black is dark and white is light
In between for just one night
Precious saffron taste of wine
Violet scented rose divine

Guilty pleasure, bittersweet
Enchanted eve where to worlds meet
Morning sunlight shining through
Door was open no-one knew.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236601 Sep 11, 2014
Dragnet52 wrote:
<quoted text>All the scientific progress made by humanity is despite of religion and not because of religion.
..and , yet ..It was the Christian ' Missionaries '....who , built the schools in your country ....

...you' re , intelligent ...BECAUSE...of Religion ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#236602 Sep 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple Simon is back.
:-)
...May ..I "plagiarize " from ..."Aerobatty"..?

....FART...!....( smile )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#236603 Sep 11, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL
Beagle boy ,,youre losing it
Adam and biBULL is all MYTHO L O G Y !!!!
..Fart..

Smile..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#236604 Sep 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, it was different in earlier generations. In those days it was even criminal activity.
Personally I don't see what everyone's problem is - with another's private life. Then again, I'm not a bigoted funny-mentalist.
..Fart ...?

yea.....FART..!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 1,401
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 78,599
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Aug 16 Science 32,430
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web