Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256045 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#236387 Sep 7, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good friend, thank you for making me stronger in my faith. You have been a blessing.[tipping hat]
You're welcome.
religionislies

Great Missenden, UK

#236388 Sep 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish again.
I don't need to 'prove' what is in black and white in an ancient book.
You denigrate others when they can't explain what is in the Bible, than turn around and dismiss what can be understood in the Bible.
Foolish hypocrisy.
Run and hide 'rational atheist' oxymoron!!!
Snicker smile.
<quoted text>
I called it what it is.
Your scoffing is a childish, cheap masquerade of intelligence.
Now you stoop to ad homoan troll attacks.
I live in Reality, I've never seen you there yet.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
You are diverting. I'm not trying to argue faith with a faithless person. What point would there be in that?
I asked you three specific questions about undeniable facts listed in an ancient book. I asked you how those facts, only recently understood by science, came to be there, and you are dumbfounded!
It is clear you have no knowledge of faith, and you fear facts. Are you sure this is the right thread for you?
SMile.
Run scared from no evidence of god.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#236389 Sep 7, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You , mean to say just because you ' can't ' see it , it doesn't exist ..?
I've been walking on this planet for approximately 23,360 days, and still no evidence of a supposed Supreme Being. 23,360 days of nothing out of the ordinary or remotely supernatural, but I should disregard those hard facts and believe that there is "something guiding us" because the majority of humans have agreed "that's just the way things are."
I can't derail common sense as easily as you have, nor would I ever want to.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236390 Sep 7, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Here's the thing about ancient books: the older thy are, the less there was in the bank of human knowledge when they were written. Newer books are much more likely to have faults based on extreme ignorance.
Um, you might want to read your last sentence one more time...

SMirk.

Location hidden

#236391 Sep 7, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Run scared from no evidence of god.
Another example of profound reasoning from a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#236392 Sep 7, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been walking on this planet for approximately 23,360 days, and still no evidence of a supposed Supreme Being. 23,360 days of nothing out of the ordinary or remotely supernatural,
I know you are lying.

Smile.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#236393 Sep 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, you might want to read your last sentence one more time...
SMirk.
Of course that's why you creationists.... study books from 2000 years ago.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#236394 Sep 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are lying.
Smile.
Sorry to disappoint - I'm just not as adept at deluding myself as you obviously are. Call it a character flaw.

Location hidden

#236395 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Of course that's why you creationists.... study books from 2000 years ago.
Wrong again, I'm not a creationist.

Smile.

Location hidden

#236396 Sep 7, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint - I'm just not as adept at deluding myself as you obviously are. Call it a character flaw.
You are very myopic and have drawn a conclusion based on incomplete information.

I would suggest it is fed by bias.

Smile.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236397 Sep 7, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been walking on this planet for approximately 23,360 days, and still no evidence of a supposed Supreme Being. 23,360 days of nothing out of the ordinary or remotely supernatural, but I should disregard those hard facts and believe that there is "something guiding us" because the majority of humans have agreed "that's just the way things are."
I can't derail common sense as easily as you have, nor would I ever want to.
I'm not so good at math ..but , I don't believe you 690 years old ..

So , why does Christianity incite so much vitriol ...It , is only a myth , remember .

You people claim there is no objective morality , and at the same time claiming God does not exist because evil is so prevalent ....how does , that make sense ?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#236398 Sep 7, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not so good at math ..but , I don't believe you 690 years old ..
Dude...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236399 Sep 7, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> The two verses prior to "let there be light" in the Genesis portion of your holy novel of myth negate that claim. It essentially places the cart before the horse.
Plus, there is no way to substantiate that claim, due to the mythic origins of the book.
What I'm saying is essentially all deity creator myths have origin stories and the biblical story is no more valid or compelling than any other.

It's more complicated than that, the BB was an identified event and evidence is showing there was something prior to the BB - we haven't fully determined what that state was with any certainty - but there was a preexisting state, IE; there was not a complete absence of matter, or "nothingness" prior to the BB.

Science is fluid and dynamic. Religion is static, or unchanging.
Sorry , to burst your bubble but Cosmology wasn't really as advanced back then , as it is today ...and , errors in this regard must be attributed to the sacred author .. not God .

My point being , Genesis asserts the creation of the Cosmos , was instantaneous ..

( something prior to BB ) Mayhaps , but from my education ..not , even time existed ...something , which theorist should be readily able to explain ..it is 2014 .. you know .

Sure , Science is fluid , dynamic ...and , if I may add , up to debate .......So , long as you do not question ' natural selection '....Now , Science has dogma ...curious ..?

As , for your other points ..I must need to revisit them ....WOW..you are pretty awesome , the time you took to attack my positions ....Thank-You .."scaritual"
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#236400 Sep 7, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not so good at math ..but , I don't believe you 690 years old ..
So , why does Christianity incite so much vitriol ...It , is only a myth , remember .
You people claim there is no objective morality , and at the same time claiming God does not exist because evil is so prevalent ....how does , that make sense ?
I have no idea how you came up with 690 years, but the fact that you did precludes any further discussion. With such limited intelligence, there's no point in pursuing this further.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#236401 Sep 7, 2014
number four wrote:
I don't care what anyone believes,,however
Its the EVIL done in the name of god that kristains do that we need to eradicate,
you're Danger to Inteligent life everywhere

www.evilbible.com

Location hidden

#236402 Sep 7, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what anyone believes,,however
Its the EVIL done in the name of god that kristains do that we need to eradicate,
you're Danger to Inteligent life everywhere
www.evilbible.com
In hundreds of thousands of Churches today, millions of Christians gathered to help, share, give and learn.

Clearly

"you're Danger to Inteligent life everywhere".

SMirk.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236403 Sep 7, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Here's the thing about ancient books: the older thy are, the less there was in the bank of human knowledge when they were written. Newer books are much more likely to have faults based on extreme ignorance.
There’s something that could be said about one ancient book,(bible). I know that you are a modern healthy conscientious individual as nearly all of us are. I mean most of us don’t want to shorten our life by being reckless.

Did you know this old book (bible) or collection of books gave warning that certain foods were dangerous. This was done thousands of years before there were nutritionist and cardiologist. And certainly long before the connection of heart disease and high fat foods.

Nightserf, we all know someone who died of heat disease. I don’t know you personally but I’d be willing to bet you have heart disease in your family history. This old outdated book (bible) contains still viable and practical instructions on how to live longer and healthier. It’s not just a book of myths as you would believe.

Even if you are an Atheist. If you will follow the bibles guides on eating, you’re going to live longer. Daniel for example in the bible promoted eating fresh foods and vegetables. This was long before being a Vegetarian was cool and acceptable.

Deuteronomy 14:8

Leviticus 7:23
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#236404 Sep 7, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s something that could be said about one ancient book,(bible). I know that you are a modern healthy conscientious individual as nearly all of us are. I mean most of us don’t want to shorten our life by being reckless.
Did you know this old book (bible) or collection of books gave warning that certain foods were dangerous. This was done thousands of years before there were nutritionist and cardiologist. And certainly long before the connection of heart disease and high fat foods.
Nightserf, we all know someone who died of heat disease. I don’t know you personally but I’d be willing to bet you have heart disease in your family history. This old outdated book (bible) contains still viable and practical instructions on how to live longer and healthier. It’s not just a book of myths as you would believe.
Even if you are an Atheist. If you will follow the bibles guides on eating, you’re going to live longer. Daniel for example in the bible promoted eating fresh foods and vegetables. This was long before being a Vegetarian was cool and acceptable.
Deuteronomy 14:8
Leviticus 7:23
If you eat too many vegetables your brain will turn into one!
Just look at KimAIRhead..LLL
Btw
Did you know that high Fat foods cure epilepsy in children?

One of my friends drinks six pack daily as does everyone in his family and not some cheap piss either,,but strong European brew,,and they all lived to hundred years,go figure..

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#236405 Sep 7, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Whoa! Did I really write MORE likely? what I meant was:

Here's the thing about ancient books: the older thy are, the less there was in the bank of human knowledge when they were written. Newer books are much LESS likely to have faults based on extreme ignorance.
well

Lake Villa, IL

#236406 Sep 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In hundreds of thousands of Churches today, millions of Christians gathered to help, share, give and learn.
Clearly
"you're Danger to Inteligent life everywhere".
SMirk.
Really? Please share with us...who did you help, what did you share, what did you give and what did you learn today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Joncy David 40,689
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Thinking 4,687
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr IB DaMann 263
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr karl44 20,615
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr ChristineM 24,083
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr ChristineM 16,189
Good arguments against Christianity 4 hr thetruth 102
More from around the web