Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258042 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#236349 Sep 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did. Go back and read them.
So, you mean none.
There are no facts in that post. It's just portions of your religious creation story. None of those are related to scientific discoveries of this era - or any era.

Like I said before, those are your beliefs based upon your religious mythology.

Just so you know, I don't take people too seriously, who, had they been taught differently from birth would be thanking The Cat In The Hat for the food they are about to eat.

However, it is amusing to see what you believe.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#236350 Sep 6, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..."hell" again...LOL!
And I believe you are misunderstanding atheists, we don't "kill youthful Christians and unborn babies" - we eat them, hadn't you heard?
Christians sure do love them some hell.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236351 Sep 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish again.
I don't need to 'prove' what is in black and white in an ancient book.
You denigrate others when they can't explain what is in the Bible, than turn around and dismiss what can be understood in the Bible.
Foolish hypocrisy.
Run and hide 'rational atheist' oxymoron!!!
Snicker smile.
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh...call it what you will in order for you to feel better. From what I have read from your postings and the responses you receive, you aren't taken seriously anyways.
Have a great day!
I called it what it is.

Your scoffing is a childish, cheap masquerade of intelligence.

Now you stoop to ad homoan troll attacks.

I live in Reality, I've never seen you there yet.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236352 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you mean none.
There are no facts in that post. It's just portions of your religious creation story. None of those are related to scientific discoveries of this era - or any era.
If I did mean none, it would be easy, really easy, for you to take each point and destroy them.

You don't. Instead you make immature generalizations that only expose your ignorance and bigotry. In fact, your responses strike me as the classic blondie, you know, the dip in the road of life. Are you a blonde girl?

Your failure to be specific is clear proof that you have no answer. Your denial about God is exposed and you are running scared. You should be.

Smile.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236353 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Nailed what what "creation facts"?
Name each one.
1 ) Creation began with His words " let there be light "...Science , says the Cosmos began in a fraction of a second ..

2 ) God made them female and male ...Science , says homosexuals damage their anal canals and are are spreading virulent disease ..

3 ) God made them from the clay of the Earth ...Science ...well...doesn't really know " primordial ooze " ..God wins ..in the Seas ...Atheists win

4) God says you are to be stewards ..Science , says man is responsible for the destruction of the environment ..

So , which of these do you disagree with ...?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236354 Sep 6, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to yourself - religious liar with no evidence of god.
...progress...?....Is Providence without God ...That is , It is a theory that everything has ' always ' perpetually gone right by accident ..

It is sort of ....Atheistic Optimism ...

.....based on an everlasting ....COINCIDENCE .....

Far , more miraculous ....than a miracle ...

ie..the Atheist religion is stupid ..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#236355 Sep 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If I did mean none, it would be easy, really easy, for you to take each point and destroy them.
You don't. Instead you make immature generalizations that only expose your ignorance and bigotry. In fact, your responses strike me as the classic blondie, you know, the dip in the road of life. Are you a blonde girl?
Your failure to be specific is clear proof that you have no answer. Your denial about God is exposed and you are running scared. You should be.
Smile.
Keep telling yourself that. It'll go hand in hand with your other fantasies.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#236356 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you mean none.
Like I said before, those are your beliefs based upon your religious mythology.
Just so you know, I don't take people too seriously, who, had they been taught differently from birth would be thanking The Cat In The Hat for the food they are about to eat.
However, it is amusing to see what you believe.
The Cat in the Hat
Don't know shit about that...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236357 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
But, where's the scientific links to the talking snakes or donkeys?
Until then, all you've got are biblical myths.
If it’s “links” you are looking for. Something you can bite your teeth into. You’ll find them in the meat section of your local grocery store. Cause I think that’s the only links you’ll ever bother to get.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236358 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It was then his daughters giggled and said:
"But, daddy, don't you remember we're salt free?"
What a bizarre post.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#236359 Sep 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish again.
I don't need to 'prove' what is in black and white in an ancient book.
You denigrate others when they can't explain what is in the Bible, than turn around and dismiss what can be understood in the Bible.
Foolish hypocrisy.
Run and hide 'rational atheist' oxymoron!!!
Snicker smile.
<quoted text>
I called it what it is.
Your scoffing is a childish, cheap masquerade of intelligence.
Now you stoop to ad homoan troll attacks.
I live in Reality, I've never seen you there yet.
Smirk.
Sorry, having "faith" and religion is far from being called "reality.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#236360 Sep 6, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...progress...?....Is Providence without God ...That is , It is a theory that everything has ' always ' perpetually gone right by accident ..
It is sort of ....Atheistic Optimism ...
.....based on an everlasting ....COINCIDENCE .....
Far , more miraculous ....than a miracle ...
ie..the Atheist religion is stupid ..
Oh, look, the guy who does the bad Capt. James T. Kirk impression is back
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236361 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa..
Where am I in life, according to you?
Haaahaaa I’ll be glad to tell you.

What we have here in your particular case is the “Dunning–Kruger effect.”

Pay attention scooter.

“The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in unskilled individuals suffering from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.”

“David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University conclude, "the miss-calibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miss-calibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".

Now let me break all that down to a more simpler explanation of where you’re at. You’re a person who thinks you are much more intelligent than what you really are. Remember when you were in school you didn’t study for those test?

And the reason you didn’t study was because you were a genius in your own mind. The reality Bubba is that you are a dumbas*. Plain and simple a dumbas* But you think you’re a genius. You see that’s the Dunning–Kruger effect at play in your situation.
You’re thinking you have hit a home run. The rest of us just watched you strike out and lose the game for your team. But in your own mind you’re the guest of honor in a New York Ticker Tape Parade.

Bubba, I hate to break it to you like this but you didn’t hit a home run. You stuck out. You’re just a plain ole dumbas* suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Ref: Wiki
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236362 Sep 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haaahaaa I’ll be glad to tell you.
What we have here in your particular case is the “Dunning–Kruger effect.”
Pay attention scooter.
“The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in unskilled individuals suffering from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.”
“David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University conclude, "the miss-calibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miss-calibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".
Now let me break all that down to a more simpler explanation of where you’re at. You’re a person who thinks you are much more intelligent than what you really are. Remember when you were in school you didn’t study for those test?
And the reason you didn’t study was because you were a genius in your own mind. The reality Bubba is that you are a dumbas*. Plain and simple a dumbas* But you think you’re a genius. You see that’s the Dunning–Kruger effect at play in your situation.
You’re thinking you have hit a home run. The rest of us just watched you strike out and lose the game for your team. But in your own mind you’re the guest of honor in a New York Ticker Tape Parade.
Bubba, I hate to break it to you like this but you didn’t hit a home run. You stuck out. You’re just a plain ole dumbas* suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect.
To add to that:

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;

[tipping hat]
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#236363 Sep 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
People turn to Atheism for various reasons.
In one case I’m aware of was a young man that left the faith because he was surrounded by hypocrisy. His father was a hopeless alcoholic. Going on drinking binges on Friday and on Sunday going to church and teaching Sunday School.
Not everyone is exposed to the same Christian environment. In this case I’m referring too the hypocrisy took it’s toll. Another case I had a neighbor that had a child die from illness. This personal tragedy made him bitter and cold. He became angry and left his religious faith to become an Atheist.
Others get caught up into the intellectual hype that comes from some godless Universities. Their gullible minds fall into the recruiting trap of some influential professor. As you know it takes some objectivity to find and get to know God. Atheist are never objective so if they can get someone else to close the door of their mind they have just signed on another recruit.
It is possible to reach beyond the coldness, hardness, and narcissism many of these Atheist and love them. Atheism has served a vital role in my life. It has defined the battery limit and made me much stronger believer in God than ever before. Unknowing to them they have helped me and that I’m forever grateful.
I regret that many of these wonderful people will never know God. Their souls will be forever lost into eternity. Nevertheless, we try, learn, battle, and go forward.
May God give you peace as you fight the fight of unbelief. For we are fellow laborers together in the same field.[tipping hat]
Fantastic rebuttal. Very good !!!!
Patrick

United States

#236364 Sep 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" - Hamlet

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#236365 Sep 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bizarre post.
Just so you know, we being friends and all.

You're out of your league there.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#236366 Sep 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, look, the guy who does the bad Capt. James T. Kirk impression is back

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#236367 Sep 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unrealistic to expect anyone to review thousands of posts to find one of yours, especially when you can easily repost or rewrite it or to simply restate your beliefs along with evidence to support them. If you won't do that, you simply don't care enough about them to want others to think about them. If you don't care, why should anyone else?
religionislies

Great Missenden, UK

#236368 Sep 6, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1 ) Creation began with His words " let there be light "...Science , says the Cosmos began in a fraction of a second ..
2 ) God made them female and male ...Science , says homosexuals damage their anal canals and are are spreading virulent disease ..
3 ) God made them from the clay of the Earth ...Science ...well...doesn't really know " primordial ooze " ..God wins ..in the Seas ...Atheists win
4) God says you are to be stewards ..Science , says man is responsible for the destruction of the environment ..
So , which of these do you disagree with ...?
There's no such thing as god and you're mentally ill for believing this crap.

You're also disrespectful of Atheists who don't believe in your lies with good reason.

Go back to your cult of Creationism and tell them you failed to convert any Atheists today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 min IB DaMann 23,565
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min scientia potentia... 48,827
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 22 min IB DaMann 5,713
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 hr Cuddles6778 21,887
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 10 hr Eagle 12 5
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 14 hr Scaritual 78
News In defense of faith 17 hr IB DaMann 7
More from around the web