Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235938 Aug 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You carved out an illusory very tiny spot in a vastness and complexity you can't concieve of, and which can come crashing down literally at any moment. You live in a very artificial environment. A house of cards waiting for a breeze.
You need some educating.
I used to be an arrogant and obnoxious Creationist like you, but then I realised that we are all liars who have no evidence of god.

Try asking yourself some hard questions and you'll see your stupidity quickly.
Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235939 Aug 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think an orangutan is sitting on top of a tree staring at the heavens at night is thinking about purpose? Heís a freaking animal just trying to survive.
Only people of faith believe in higher order and purpose. You freaking Atheist need to stick to your party line about evolution and forget about the cosmos because you arenít leaving the earths low orbit.
You are just like that orangutan you are just existing. No direction, no purpose and no hope for a future. Your little broken down rat infested trailer house is all you ever gonna have Bubba. Thatís your heaven on Earth Bubba, itís as best as itís going to get for you.
I used to think I was smart when talking about orangutangs, but the truth was that I didn't actually understand science or Evolution.

And things that I don't understand scare me, just like they scare you.
Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235940 Aug 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
50 years ago, when it wasn't the fad.
You need some seasoning, too.
We've never been able to prove our creationist god since time began being measured.

Lets follow our morals and admit that we lied to Atheists, eh? They will respect that.
Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235941 Aug 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>

Only people of faith believe in higher order and purpose. You freaking Atheist need to stick to your party line about evolution and forget about the cosmos because you arenít leaving the earths low orbit.
Beginning to sound like hitler
Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235942 Aug 31, 2014
Believer wrote:
God is real!
In the beginning he created the heavens and the earth!!
Life as we know it does have unexplained mysteries,but no one person could possibly support the Big Bang Theory !!!
Keep repeating it to yourself and see if it stops science.
Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235943 Aug 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Atheist experience love?
Because love is a religious word and expression.
Now arrogant Creationists are trying to claim that love is 'owned' by religion and therefore Atheists can't fall in love?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Patrick

East Barnet, UK

#235944 Aug 31, 2014
Atheists would believe Creationists more, if they weren't so extremist in their opinions.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#235945 Aug 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Theyíre terrorist and cowards. Thatís how they stack up in my view.
Good answer.

I say that to all the little kids that answer my questions.

I say that because even if the answer is stupid, you are still participating in the question and answer session.

Your answer was stupid but it was still good that you answered. Now we know who needs help and who doesn't.

Thank you for your participation.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#235947 Sep 1, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists have a bond with the universe, and a belief something is in control of it. They are serving some purpose in the greater scheme of things.
An atheist is all alone in random chance and larger forces. There is no ultimate purpose for their existence, or suffering.
Which do you think will crack faster when things really go wrong?
Theists have a bond with the Earth just as atheists do.

Remember when you were 20, Dave? Remember jumping? There was this guy in my high school that could dead leap 38 inches. He could jump from a standing position over 3 feet in the air. Guess where he landed?

You are bound to Earth, Dave by forces much greater than you.

That kid that could jump 38 inches will have less muscle mass later in life and will be hard pressed to get out of his chair.

You can't beat the force, Dave.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#235948 Sep 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a blonde who claims Hitler was a Christian.
Smile.
And this come from an ex preacher who is p|ss poor at obfuscation, thinks himself far cleverer than he is and was thrown out of his church for trying to get his hands into his female prisoners panties.

No claim involved, only facts

#235949 Sep 1, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You really have proven that atheists can be good without God.*rolling eyes*
Funny how you chose to ignore the bobnobgobbler sock comment to which I replied, perhaps because like you he claims to be christian (of sorts), he certainly bats for the child abusing catholic priests. And because he makes his claims that all illness is the caused by fooking monkeys than thatís great with you?

Christine shakes her head at the dumb ignorance of some godbots

#235950 Sep 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because he murdered anyone who disagreed. That behavior identified him as a 'rational atheist' oxymoron like you.
Smirk.
Nope it identified him as a christian and christians have been trying to slope there shoulders ever since
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#235951 Sep 1, 2014
I don't recall that was even an option in your old bible story, but
an all powerful compassionate god would have saved all the babies.

You worship a baby drowner.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, child abuse by unbelieving & ignorant parents that had a chance to get inside a nice dry Ark and ride out the storm after they were warned.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#235952 Sep 1, 2014
I've no interest in worshiping your baby drowner.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have bitterness that goes beyond Atheism. A personal vendetta with the same God you say doesnít exist. A blood feud thatís personal with you.
Your life has been on hold because of your spitefulness.
Swallow your pride and humble yourself before God. You need deep seated healing in your soul and you know what Iím talking about. God will forgive you and heal your brokenness.
You just canít afford to carry this hate around forever.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#235953 Sep 1, 2014
That science doesn't yet have all the answers is no motivation for me to worship your baby drowner god.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in your ignorant bigoted opinion.
I accurately noted that something atheists mocked as impossible was proved possible in the last year.
Should make you wonder what else you are wrong about...
You don't know what you don't know.
SMirk.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#235954 Sep 1, 2014
Yes.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think an orangutan is sitting on top of a tree staring at the heavens at night is thinking about purpose?

#235955 Sep 1, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think saying fooked is any way better than saying the word fucked? Get over yourself.
cult
noun
a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister
Like I said, there are zero Christian cults.
Christianity has denominations.
denomination
noun
a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church
It is in no way better, it simply means that I donít need to use * or # or _ or x or press the post button twice and prompt an admin interest in the post. But if you prefer you are a f*#ckwit

You should know better by now than posting carefully selected I wonder why you never bothered providing you source. Here are a couple more from the Oxford ENGLISH dictionary.
Cult noun
1. a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.
2. a person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
Like I said there are more than 48000 christian cults.

#235956 Sep 1, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....
"I lied for the purpose of the joke" = "I'm a liar"
You're fooking strange.
I donít really care what you excuse is, it makes no difference to fact and the fact is you lied, that makes you a liar

And you are a f*#kwit

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#235957 Sep 1, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You carved out an illusory very tiny spot in a vastness and complexity you can't concieve of, and which can come crashing down literally at any moment. You live in a very artificial environment. A house of cards waiting for a breeze.
You need some educating.
I see - so what I feel I don't *really* feel and I'll see some day!

LOL...Whatever helps you sleep, kitten.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#235958 Sep 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Atheist experience love?
Because love is a religious word and expression. And itís listed 310 times in the KJV Bible. And Atheist have made it clear they donít believe anything in the Bible so that would include the word ďlove.Ē
You have acquaintances, connections, fellow neighbors but friends? See friendship requires some level of love and thereís that religious word again. You know animal packs with alpha males and females. The pecking order and Iím sure you are somewhere near the bottom of this gang.
Family?, no you donít have family you have offspring or broods according to your evolutionary belief. You know survival of the fittest crap you were force feed.
The choices youíve made in your life were based on evolutions natural selection. Purely animalistic, driven by physical appetites or animal like desires. See people are just animals that showed up one day by the masses. They just evolved from worms?
Donít try to read something spiritual in your existence because you are just one in the freaking jungle hanging in the tree by your tail dude competing for food. Remember you are an Atheist that means all this evolutionary mumbo jumbo and nothing religious.
Donít be crossing over into our territory and talking about love and purpose. You are going to confuse yourself.
Love is a religious word and expression?

BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, dude - never stop posting. You're a hoot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News .com | What hope is there without God? 2 min Amused 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 59 min Chimney1 18,897
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 2,104
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr ChristineM 6,713
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 15 hr spellmeout 14,657
News Confessions of a black atheist 19 hr thetruth 478
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Tue Pete-o 7,409
More from around the web