Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254916 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#235671 Aug 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
In a 1976 phone conversation with John Maher, Jones alternately stated that he was an agnostic and an atheist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
So what,,dudes like that will say anything to get what he wants..

Religious retards are Pathological Liars just like you and your kristains here,,

One Can't believe anything they say
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#235672 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible. By the very definition of murder, God cannot commit it.
Another proof of a Pathological Liar kristain

Thnx. Redneck
Patrick

United States

#235673 Aug 28, 2014
religionislies wrote:
Never been a god, only religious liars with no evidence of god.
This is your life?
Have a good breakfast ?

Full English Breakfast

Pan frying union of
sausage and bacon
snarling eggs sunny side up
topped with lightly spiced
mushroom and tomatoes
harmonized
yum!
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235674 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible. By the very definition of murder, God cannot commit it.
What was the flood all about then?

PULLEEZZE...

You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need this religion? Wow, simply wow!

What do you expect or hope to accomplish on the behalf of your faith?

Are you here to criticize people who refuse to believe the nonsense you hold so dear?

If the Prodigal Son's a parable, and if Adam and Eve are metaphors, then maybe thy God is just figure of speech.

If the answers to prayer are merely what God wills all along, then why pray? No need!

The next time believers tell you that 'separation of church and state' does not appear in our founding document, tell them to stop using the word 'trinity.'

The word 'trinity' appears nowhere in the bible. Neither does Rapture, or Second Coming, or Original Sin.

If they are still unfazed (or unphrased) by this, then add Omniscience, Omnipresence, Supernatural, Transcendence, Afterlife, Deity, Divinity, Theology, Monotheism, Missionary, Immaculate Conception, Christmas, Christianity, Evangelical, Fundamentalist, Methodist, Catholic, Pope, Cardinal, Catechism, Purgatory, Penance, Transubstantiation, Excommunication, Dogma, Chastity, Unpardonable Sin, Infallibility, Inerrancy, Incarnation, Epiphany, Sermon, Eucharist, the Lord's Prayer, Good Friday, Doubting Thomas, Advent, Sunday School, Dead Sea, Golden Rule, Moral, Morality, Ethics, Patriotism, Education, Atheism, Apostasy, Conservative (Liberal is in), Capital Punishment, Monogamy, Abortion, Pornography, Homosexual, Lesbian, Fairness, Logic, Republic, Democracy, Capitalism, Funeral, Decalogue, or Bible.

Nice fantasy you have there

Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are deliberately left in for my amusement, they are forgiven, will go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries directly from: Lord Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious, the improbable.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235675 Aug 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your life?
Have a good breakfast ?
Full English Breakfast
Pan frying union of
sausage and bacon
snarling eggs sunny side up
topped with lightly spiced
mushroom and tomatoes
harmonized
yum!
Try frying hamburgers in bacon grease on a open griddle. Very good!

Fat American breakfast:

Stack of flapjacks, soaked in maple syrup
Coffee, two refills
OJ
Three eggs
Hash brown potatoes
Tomato
Steak, Ham sausage or bacon or all 4.
Cheesecake, topped with whip cream and cherries
And... A large diet soda

America is so fat that if the 'porkers' started running they'd leave a trail of potholes in their wake.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235676 Aug 28, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Burden of proof FALLACY chickenboy12
Xian god was DIsproved already and you know it,so why are stil here Lying,,got NO life huh?LLLL
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
Always a pleasure to be of assistance to my sweet spirited Atheist friends that have so much joy and peace within.

[tipping hat]

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235677 Aug 28, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am curious how Jeff Dahmer and Alfred Kinsey fall into your "leader" category and how you do not consider Jim Jones a christian? Just because Jimbo led his followers to drink the kool-aid did not make him an atheist - he considered himself a christian, a son of "god" type christian.
Damn, that is one of the stupidest claims I've ever heard.

Seriously.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235678 Aug 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Religitards believe god drowned every baby not on the ark.
Does that belief contribute to religious child abuse?
<quoted text>
Do you support abortion?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235679 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Try frying hamburgers in bacon grease on a open griddle. Very good!
Fat American breakfast:
Stack of flapjacks, soaked in maple syrup
Coffee, two refills
OJ
Three eggs
Hash brown potatoes
Tomato
Steak, Ham sausage or bacon or all 4.
Cheesecake, topped with whip cream and cherries
And... A large diet soda
America is so fat that if the 'porkers' started running they'd leave a trail of potholes in their wake.
America, the land of the free and home of the Whopper!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235680 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the flood all about then?
.
http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/03/massive...

"There could be a large body of water buried deep beneath the Earth's surface containing as much water as in every ocean combined, according to new scientific research. You know, just your average secret trove of buried water to sustain all life on Earth."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235681 Aug 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct - we already know prayers won't.
In every country they are allowed in, Christians are voluntarily feeding and caring for others. And pray is an integral part of that.

You didn't know that???
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235682 Aug 28, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
So what,,dudes like that will say anything to get what he wants..
Religious retards are Pathological Liars just like you and your kristains here,,
One Can't believe anything they say
From your heart you have spoken. Thank you for gracing us with your kindness. For you thoughtful words shall ring forth from the heavens. May you find peace in your miserable and despondent life.[tipping hat].

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235683 Aug 28, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain christians like Hitler, Anders Breivik, Eric Rudolph, and the KKK.
Explain christians like the various catholic popes theough the ages who waged war against non-catholics and non-christians.
Explain the christian "witch-hunters" in Africa.
You are confused about those things?

Really?
Patrick

United States

#235684 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Try frying hamburgers in bacon grease on a open griddle. Very good!
Fat American breakfast:
Stack of flapjacks, soaked in maple syrup
Coffee, two refills
OJ
Three eggs
Hash brown potatoes
Tomato
Steak, Ham sausage or bacon or all 4.
Cheesecake, topped with whip cream and cherries
And... A large diet soda
America is so fat that if the 'porkers' started running they'd leave a trail of potholes in their wake.
Alas, much too often, poor food consumed in large quantities :-(
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#235685 Aug 28, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
If you concentrated on proving the god you keep trying to lie about, you wouldn't be in this mess.
An eternity is a long time to be wrong and in a mess. And you are wrong and in a mess, oh desperate athetard.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#235686 Aug 28, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>

Xian god was DIsproved already and you know it,so why are stil here Lying,,got NO life huh?LLLL
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
If God was disproved already and you know it, why do you keep asking for proof of God?
I think it is because you are a dishonest, lying , ass-sniffing atheist bigot.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#235687 Aug 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
From your heart you have spoken. Thank you for gracing us with your kindness. For you thoughtful words shall ring forth from the heavens. May you find peace in your miserable and despondent life.[tipping hat].
Are you portapottymouth? satanINSANITY is Evil wanted me to ask you.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#235688 Aug 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused about those things?
Really?
All 'atheists' are confused ( and angry). It's what defines and controls them.
well

Lake Villa, IL

#235689 Aug 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In every country they are allowed in, Christians are voluntarily feeding and caring for others. And pray is an integral part of that.
You didn't know that???
You do know the Christians have an ulterior motive don't you? They are not feeding and caring for others out of the goodness of their hearts are they? Those missionaries are there for one reason only and that is to convert as many as they can. Be honest for once in your life at least "Pastor"...
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235690 Aug 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/03/massive...
"There could be a large body of water buried deep beneath the Earth's surface containing as much water as in every ocean combined, according to new scientific research. You know, just your average secret trove of buried water to sustain all life on Earth."
Hmm, this is a very surprising post from you Khmer.

No Smile? How disappointing.:-(

I did enjoy your link however which was surprise.

Of course it does not sway me from my lifelong convictions, but I'm certain that youve already determined that long ago.

The only way I'll ever except the presence of any God is to shake its hand personally, but gods may not have hands to shake. who knows?

I do suggest that you take a few minutes to view this stunning video. The title alone may infuriate you, but we're talking super scientists discussing this, and the conversation and charts are quite compelling.

Stupid design...
Speaker: Neil Degrasse Tyson

https://m.youtube.com/watch...

Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are deliberately left in for my amusement, they are forgiven, will go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries directly from: Lord Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious, the improbable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religion Down Suicide Up 9 min Richardfs 73
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brian_G 29,476
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr scientia potentia... 11,468
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 2 hr emperorjohn 48
News Here are 10 myths and truths about atheism 5 hr nanoanomaly 44
News Speaking for God 6 hr Jaimie 556
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 7 hr Patrick 50,943
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 10 hr ChristineM 9,604
More from around the web