Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235284 Aug 25, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists are too dumb to realise that Dawkins is an Oxford professor!!!!
FAIL.
Senator, you are no Dawkins.

And it is you that I was referring to as the el toro.

Your Homey, Dawkins can engage in a decent conversation. You on the other hand just know how to snort, claw and run back and forth in your cage.

If he is your sensei then try to emulate him.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235285 Aug 25, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your own advice infidel.
Jesus didn't sacrifice his life - his father sacrificed his sons life for his own failures... nice god you have there.
Do us all a favor and ask your god to commit suicide.
Now that may be the case for Trinitarians. But I believe Jesus was God manifested in the flesh. Which means that God sacrificed himself for all mankind. And yes, he is a nice God if you are in the family.

John 1:1,14

Colossians 2:9

1st Timothy 3:16

Colossians 2:9

John 10:30
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235286 Aug 25, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullfighting is nothing less than animal cruelty at its finest.
First step breedable strictly to be killed for amusement.
Now torture same bull with spikes to the back and irritate this poor creature that they think God created.
Entered the flashing Matador with his shiny sword woo hoo
Stab bull in the heart when exhausted and claim victory. Over the helpless animal? Real macho!
Totally disgusting and shameful for human beings to actually do this toward a harmless animal
The bull has a choice not to go into the arena and participate. Because the bull thinks he is stronger and more powerful he ends up being exploited for his weakness. And that weakness is his intelligence.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235287 Aug 25, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
If you concentrated on proving the god you keep trying to lie about, you wouldn't be in this mess.
I want to thank you for your bull rashly impetuous headiness. You bring a entertainment value to the arena.[tipping hat]

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235288 Aug 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that may be the case for Trinitarians. But I believe Jesus was God manifested in the flesh. Which means that God sacrificed himself for all mankind. And yes, he is a nice God if you are in the family.
John 1:1,14
Colossians 2:9
1st Timothy 3:16
Colossians 2:9
John 10:30
Since Jesus never called himself "God" - why do you?

Do you think certain men were accurate and others chose not to discuss it?

Can you please post where "God" specifically states Jesus is "His" son?
Believer

United States

#235289 Aug 25, 2014
John 3 : 16
Read

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#235290 Aug 25, 2014
Tuco Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>......
.....Have you managed to find the right salve to clear up those
scabs between your legs, yet.
Ps:.....That's what you get for NOT fornicatin' with boys.
Tuco Blondi
Well lookie here, Bobloblah is back!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235291 Aug 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Jesus never called himself "God" - why do you?
Do you think certain men were accurate and others chose not to discuss it?
Can you please post where "God" specifically states Jesus is "His" son?
There are lots of scripture that support my belief that Jesus was and is God. But for the sake of time let’s look at John 14: 7-10
Here in this scripture Jesus tells his disciples that he is the Father (God).
John 14:10
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
It’s pretty clear to me Jesus is telling us he is God.
Now Jesus had a human side. The shortest scripture in the bible was “Jesus wept.” That was Jesus human flesh weeping which was the shell or outer layer. Which was born of flesh making his flesh the son of God. But his spirit was God manifested in the flesh. Jesus was God, the same God that created all things. Even his name means “God with us,” as it was foretold in the book of Isaiah.
The scripture John 10:30 where Jesus says,“I and my Father are one.” Meaning we are the same person.
John 1:1 simplifies this message by saying:
John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
The spirit inside Jesus Christ was God the creator.
Matthew 3:17 - Here we have a scripture where the Spirit of God is acknowledging Jesus is the Son of God. The spirit is talking about the humanity of Jesus, his flesh, his outer shell. But his spirit was God manifested in the flesh.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235292 Aug 25, 2014
Believer wrote:
John 3 : 16
Read
Amen [tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235293 Aug 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of scripture that support my belief that Jesus was and is God. But for the sake of time let’s look at John 14: 7-10
Here in this scripture Jesus tells his disciples that he is the Father (God).
John 14:10
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
It’s pretty clear to me Jesus is telling us he is God.
Now Jesus had a human side. The shortest scripture in the bible was “Jesus wept.” That was Jesus human flesh weeping which was the shell or outer layer. Which was born of flesh making his flesh the son of God. But his spirit was God manifested in the flesh. Jesus was God, the same God that created all things. Even his name means “God with us,” as it was foretold in the book of Isaiah.
The scripture John 10:30 where Jesus says,“I and my Father are one.” Meaning we are the same person.
John 1:1 simplifies this message by saying:
John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
The spirit inside Jesus Christ was God the creator.
Matthew 3:17 - Here we have a scripture where the Spirit of God is acknowledging Jesus is the Son of God. The spirit is talking about the humanity of Jesus, his flesh, his outer shell. But his spirit was God manifested in the flesh.
Isaiah 9: 7

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus Christ the son of God was and is the great I Am, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and God of all Gods, the mighty God. God manifested in the flesh.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#235294 Aug 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Since Jesus never called himself "God" - why do you?
Do you think certain men were accurate and others chose not to discuss it?
Can you please post where "God" specifically states Jesus is "His" son?
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235295 Aug 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bull has a choice not to go into the arena and participate. Because the bull thinks he is stronger and more powerful he ends up being exploited for his weakness. And that weakness is his intelligence.
Give the bull a fighting chance put steel pointed tips on its horns,

I always root for the bull.

I want to see the Matador disemboweled in front of the crowd.

In the triumph of bull it run amok through the crowd. Gorging every human site.

After all it's doomed to die anyway why not take out a few of its torturers.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235296 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
That doesn't say a lot for a loving father now does it?

For God so loved himself he demanded worship
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#235297 Aug 25, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the bull a fighting chance put steel pointed tips on its horns,
I always root for the bull.
I want to see the Matador disemboweled in front of the crowd.
In the triumph of bull it run amok through the crowd. Gorging every human site.
After all it's doomed to die anyway why not take out a few of its torturers.
While eating a ham sandwich I often wonder at my commitment to animal rights.:-(

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#235298 Aug 25, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how in the face of atheist atrocity you crusaders always have this "say it ain't so" attitude in order to dispute the facts about your religion.
Are you sure you want to stop talking about the bible. Because as I recall I have been wanting to discuss the implications of your faith, and there is one aching question that no one seems to want to touch. But I'll keep it in my pocket for now.
Now, I may be ignorant of these things, but as far as I can reckon if there is no God, there is no meaning to life, and if there is no meaning to life we ought to be sucking every pleasure we possibly can from it regardless of consequence.
If there is something in our brains disagreeing with that, it is simply because the chemicals in our brains are reacting in an undesirable way. In fact feelings are nothing more than chemical balances and are therefore meaningless and untrustworthy. The goal then would be to eliminate negative feelings like shame, guilt, remorse in order to feel better about what choices we make regardless of those choices.
Empathy is a waste of time, so is compassion, what real difference does it make, unless I plan on getting something in return for my empathy or my compassion. Perhaps the brain juices controlling me will reward me for it, but there are much quicker ways to activate neurotransmitters, if you know what I mean.
This is the part where someone says "I don't need religion to be a decent person." But the point I am making is what constitutes a decent person in a bleak and merciless world that was spawned in chaos? Standards on morality are simply relativistic to our culture, things passed down generation after generation which have aided us in our survival, but which are now obsolete now that we know the great truth in atheism.
It is either that, or we fritter away our lives believing that we are making a difference on this hunk of dirt that if it isn't consumed by a solar flare or decimated by a comet will be incinerated by the sun long after we have become part of the dirt and history has forgotten every fact about us.
People like you terrify me, and to some extent make me grateful that religion exists to keep you in check.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235299 Aug 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of scripture that support my belief that Jesus was and is God. But for the sake of time let’s look at John 14: 7-10
Here in this scripture Jesus tells his disciples that he is the Father (God).
John 14:10
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
It’s pretty clear to me Jesus is telling us he is God.
Now Jesus had a human side. The shortest scripture in the bible was “Jesus wept.” That was Jesus human flesh weeping which was the shell or outer layer. Which was born of flesh making his flesh the son of God. But his spirit was God manifested in the flesh. Jesus was God, the same God that created all things. Even his name means “God with us,” as it was foretold in the book of Isaiah.
The scripture John 10:30 where Jesus says,“I and my Father are one.” Meaning we are the same person.
John 1:1 simplifies this message by saying:
John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
The spirit inside Jesus Christ was God the creator.
Matthew 3:17 - Here we have a scripture where the Spirit of God is acknowledging Jesus is the Son of God. The spirit is talking about the humanity of Jesus, his flesh, his outer shell. But his spirit was God manifested in the flesh.
Hmmmm....lots of "John" calling Jesus "God".....and so forth.

You've already admitted that Jesus never called himself "God", but now you still are trying to prove the opposite.

Odd.

Why do you read more into these passages than what the original author probably intended?

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not, in order for us to justify what is "of God" and what is not. This way, we can be completely sure that "John" was one of the texts "God" inspired.

You can do this, right?

Use your COMPLETE honesty when making your next post, okay?

Thanks!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235300 Aug 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 9: 7
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Jesus Christ the son of God was and is the great I Am, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and God of all Gods, the mighty God. God manifested in the flesh.
Where in this passage does Jesus call himself "God"?

Please stop- you aren't helping anyone, including yourself.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235301 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
RR - we've gone over this n the past multiple times. "John" is not Jesus.

We already know that anyone can claim Jesus as "God", but there is no evidence to support the claim.

Unless you have something that hasn't been conveyed yet. Do you?

I can see why you use a third party source - because that is all you have to offer.

Honesty RR - honesty.....you aren't exhibiting it here.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235302 Aug 25, 2014
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235303 Aug 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
While eating a ham sandwich I often wonder at my commitment to animal rights.:-(
Good day Patrick

While I am a carnivore like you, torturing animals for entertainment is not something I approve.

To call bullfighting a sport is a travesty.

I guess we can assume that they eat the bull after they killed it for entertainment, or maybe the carcass is just thrown away.

Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are forgiven, go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min Wisdom of Ages 95,341
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 3 hr superwilly 163
The atheists mind Fri Elganned 63
Why creation? Thu Elganned 55
News Atheism and Wonder Thu Eagle 12 - 50
A question for Christians... Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 115
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jun 13 Eagle 12 - 861