Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254943 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#234988 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
does anyone besides me think it's hilarious when man-hating lezbos think a man is chauvinist just for having balls and being a man? LOL!;-)
The only balls you have, are someone elses hanging off your chin.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#234989 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
get me under your sheets one night and you'll think i'm 'useful' enough for you to stalk me the rest of your life! then, i'll have to tell you "get in line with the rest, babe, and make an appointment";-)
see Dr. Demento

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234990 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you a known sex freak and internet turbo retard endorsing it is going to help cover the fact that that is pretty demented reasoning.
Eureka! That must be why you endorse it.....because "demented" is just like you.
yes - we are opposites morally, socially and politically so i'd be concerned if you didn't disagree with me:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234991 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The only balls you have, are someone elses hanging off your chin.
now now...is this anything for such a morally high-brow person such as yourself to say to another?:-(

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#234993 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
now now...is this anything for such a morally high-brow person such as yourself to say to another?:-(
I never said topix was the moral high ground, it more a place for sarcasm to play in.
I didn't even say I was on some moral high horse, in fact I'm lewd, rude and crude at least at times anyway. I'm the savage truth , my freak doesn't include sexual harassment to anonymous internet surfers like you though.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234994 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said topix was the moral high ground, it more a place for sarcasm to play in.
I didn't even say I was on some moral high horse, in fact I'm lewd, rude and crude at least at times anyway. I'm the savage truth , my freak doesn't include sexual harassment to anonymous internet surfers like you though.
i see, so you think that your immorality is more moral than my immorality!

THIS is the very definition of hypocricy and i'm sure our class appreciates your coming in to provide us with the dramatic illustration!

please don't be a stranger, and class, please thank mr. aura for his assistance....
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234995 Aug 20, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea being extroverted actually had a diagnosis. Interesting link, Eagle thanks
Do you have a link relative to this?
Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
it nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
its letter perfect awl the weigh
my checker tolled me sew.
Eye do luv a bite of humor. Eye’s know whu you ard by the weigh. Eye nowd use having a good time. White sheets forevar.[tipping hand]

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#234996 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see, so you think that your immorality is more moral than my immorality!
THIS is the very definition of hypocricy and i'm sure our class appreciates your coming in to provide us with the dramatic illustration!
please don't be a stranger, and class, please thank mr. aura for his assistance....
WRONG!
I never claimed to be on a moral high horse.
That's what christians do, god made them moral they say. Then get on the bus to the troop transport to go kill foreigners.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234997 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> WRONG!
I never claimed to be on a moral high horse.
That's what christians do, god made them moral they say. Then get on the bus to the troop transport to go kill foreigners.
please please, you've already made your point for hypocricy and now you're just hamming it up with these outrageously evil accusations!
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#234998 Aug 20, 2014
No, in this context drop means to let go. "Set" or "place" are closer to "put down".

You're a poor pedant, Puck Frick.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "denigrate" does not mean to put down.
"Drop" means to put down.
You attempt to portray people who like religion as ignorant, and instead expose your own ignorance.
That's our Christine.
It's amusing.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#234999 Aug 20, 2014
Sources?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that those polls don't encompass all scientists, don't you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#235000 Aug 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Sources?
ummm....

Tater tots?

Your turn.
Patrick

United States

#235001 Aug 20, 2014
ISIS

President Obama on Wednesday called the videotaped beheading of New Hampshire war correspondent James W. Foley an “act of violence that shocks the conscience of the entire world” and pledged renewed determination to confront the terrorist group calling itself the Islamic State that has seized parts of Iraq and Syria.

“Today the entire world is appalled by the brutal murder of Jim Foley,” Obama said in a brief appearance in Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts, where he is currently in the second week of his summer vacation.

The president, who said he spoke to Foley’s family, lauded the photojournalist as a “man who lived his work, who courageously told the stories of his fellow human beings, who was liked and loved by his friends and family.”

Obama, without outlining specific steps, pledged to keep up the pressure on the group in Iraq, which US military aircraft continued to strike from the air on Wednesday.

“The United States of America will continue to do what we must do to protect our people. We will be vigilant and we will be relentless. When people harm Americans anywhere we do what is necessary to see that justice is done.”

The president’s remarks came after the video of Foley’s beheading, which came nearly two years after he was captured in Syria and was confirmed as authentic by US intelligence officials on Wednesday, raised new fears that the Islamic State (also known as ISIS, and called ISIL by Obama administration officials) will expand its military offensive to attack American targets in retaliation for ongoing US airstrikes on its forces in Iraq.

Foley’s murder was being considered by US military and counterterrorism officials as a new sign of the group’s willingness to expand the conflict.

In the video posted to YouTube on Tuesday, Foley’s masked executioner, addressing Obama personally in British-accented English, threatened more bloodshed against Americans, including another captured American journalist, Steven J. Sotloff, who was also depicted in the video.

A newly published analysis by an international security consulting firm warned in the wake of the video that more attacks against Western interests should be expected.

“It appears that the Islamic State is not shying away from drawing the US into a confrontation,” said Zaineb Al-Assam, Middle East analyst for IHS Country Risk, calling it “increasingly likely that the group, or other independent groups acting in its name, will attempt attacks on US interests, including embassies in Tunisia and Egypt, which are more vulnerable given already active militant groups and their proximity to Libya, and in Yemen.”

Speaking on CNN, former CIA Director Michael Morrell called Foley’s killing a turning point in the conflict with the group, saying it was Islamic State’s “first terrorist attack against the United States.”

The developments were particularly troubling for Great Britain, which said it was investigating whether Foley’s executioner is a British national, fearing that some of the group’s followers could pose a direct threat to Europe.

“Our intelligence services will be looking very carefully on both sides of the Atlantic at this video to establish its authenticity, to try to identify the individual concerned, and then we will work together to try to locate him,” British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond told Sky News.

Obama, speaking on Martha’s Vineyard, said the journalist’s efforts to give a voice to the victims of the Syrian civil war stood is “stark contrast to his killers.”

“Let’s be clear about ISIL,” he said.“They have rampaged across cities and villages, killing innocent, unarmed civilians in cowardly acts of violence,” subjecting victims to “torture and rape and slavery.”

“They have murdered muslims, both Sunni and Shia, by the thousands. They target Christians and religious minorities, driving them from their homes, murdering them when they can, for no other reason than they practice a different religion.”
Patrick

United States

#235002 Aug 20, 2014
Many issues united believers and non believers

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#235003 Aug 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> This has to be about the most bizarre thinking you have expressed yet.
lol, being bizarre doesn't preclude that it's also true.

What does it really matter how many people believe "what" if the world ended tomorrow?

Really, you guys are past due for some serious inner id searching.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235004 Aug 20, 2014
The First Amendment guarantees freedom of religion, not from it.
By Ben Carson, The National Review

“We must also go back and read the Constitution, including the First Amendment, which guarantees freedom of religion. It says nothing about freedom from religion, and in fact, if you consider the context and the lives of those involved in the crafting of our founding documents, it is apparent that they believed in allowing their faith to guide their lives. This has nothing to do with imposing one’s beliefs on someone else.”

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#235005 Aug 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m on the whiskey diet, I’ve lost 4 days already
I don't like religion, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who do like religion, denigrate means 'put down.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
I like your whiskey diet. I do it in moderation. Got any favorite brands. My favorite is canadian mist, and yours?

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#235006 Aug 20, 2014
A Half shot of Canadian mist each day does wonders.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235007 Aug 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
excellent
Ah.. Sir Patrick

I finally posted something you enjoyed, and that thing has been circulating around The Internet since the first PC!

I do have something more thought provoking...

Dear Allah,

I hope you get this letter, as I’m in a great deal of doubt.
I don’t get your Divine Plan, what’s it all about?

There you are, before a creation to fill
Nothing but Allah, he, himself and his will,

Perhaps you were lonely, though even then you knew.
You’d create angels, to obey and worship you.

Maybe this wasn’t enough, you were not amused,
But why you created Satan, just leaves me bemused

You gave man a mind and a freewill to choose
Then demanded he believe in irrational, contradictory clues

While keeping yourself hidden from all verification
Threatening torture if we don’t prostrate in supplication

You sent prophets and books to a patch of land
And miracles galore to that sacred area of sand

But before man can scientifically record and corroborate
You decide communications must now mysteriously terminate

You say you are testing mankind — to see who is true
Though saint and sinner, you already knew

But worse than this is the consequence of this test
It’s results are iniquitous — perverse at best

Those, who accept on faith, myths handed down
Will enjoy eternal bliss and never have to frown

While those who insist on reasoning with their brain
Will be sent to the fire of Hell to suffer eternal pain

Dear Allah none of this makes sense to me
Please tell me if there is something I’ve failed to see

And I don’t understand when so many suffer and die
What is the reason — I cannot see why?

Was it a test for the baby, her father or mother
Or was she sacrificed to test someone other?

When you planned all this did you count every tear
Was your ultimate purpose that we tremble in fear

And when all are in Heaven or Hell — as dictated by fate
Will you sit back on your throne to shouts of “Allah is Great”?

&sn s=em
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235008 Aug 20, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
The First Amendment guarantees freedom of religion, not from it.
By Ben Carson, The National Review
“We must also go back and read the Constitution, including the First Amendment, which guarantees freedom of religion. It says nothing about freedom from religion, and in fact, if you consider the context and the lives of those involved in the crafting of our founding documents, it is apparent that they believed in allowing their faith to guide their lives. This has nothing to do with imposing one’s beliefs on someone else.”
Do Sunday blue laws qualify?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/702...

Remember ... Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

blue law, in U.S. history, a law forbidding certain secular activities on Sunday. Among the 45 blue laws he listed in his History (1781) that were wholly or substantially true, however, are the following:“The judges shall determine controversies without a jury”; “married persons must live together or be imprisoned”; “a wife shall be good evidence against her husband”; and “the selectmen, on finding children ignorant, may take them away from their parents and put them into better hands, at the expense of their parents.” To some degree, similar laws existed in all the American colonies. In general, they lapsed after the American Revolution. As late as the 1990s, however, blue laws remained on the statutes in some states, and their influence has persisted wherever public activity on Sunday is regulated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Uncle Sam 11,612
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 27 min Patrick 9,608
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 31 min Patrick 4,251
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 42 min READMORE 29,532
Religion Down Suicide Up 11 hr Patrick 87
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 12 hr Richard 50,963
Atheism is not a belief 12 hr Patrick 188
More from around the web