Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#234819 Aug 18, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen or heard of that either.
This?
http://www.nestle.co.uk/brands/chocolate_and_...
They must market it especially for the English?
That’s the puppy.
There was a big thing a few years ago about getting red smarties through US customs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234820 Aug 18, 2014
Piltdown man was faked by a christian fraud but debunked by scientists.
My advice to christian frauds: stop lying.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Great reasoning.
The christian was trying to disprove evolution by providing evidence for evolution.
Some of the debunking scientists were also christians.
Were they lying?
Do you ever think, Thinking?

#234821 Aug 18, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I don't go to church.
Do you or have you donated to NORAID?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234822 Aug 18, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Religionisillnes man was faked by an atheist but debunked by comedians. LOL

#234823 Aug 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
Israel did not target children.
Hamas targeted the children by using them as human shields.
Your support for jihadist terrorism is consistent.
The only shoe to drop is you accusing the jihadists of being Christians.
I am not...

They did...

And you still have not provided any evidence of Hamas forcing children into schools to be used as targets. Or hospitals or UN aid shelters for that matter. And while you are stomping your foot minus any evidence I see you as the liar, but you are known for lying so it’s nothing new.

My dislike of Israeli terrorism is just as strong as my dislike for all terrorism. Even if some died in the wool atheist bombed your prison and killed all the butt crack type gobots in there I would still object to it.

But butt crack is incapable of seeing that because he condones Israeli terrorism and cannot rationalise that, he is clueless to the fact that the sort of terrorism he approves of is still terrorism

#234824 Aug 18, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like a pretty typical Brit. What they know about America is Horus shit.
And you seem like a pretty typical American – what you know is babble sh|t

#234825 Aug 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried Marmite, but Vegemite much more often. Not a huge fan of the taste, but hey it's good for you.
I have tried Vegemite and I dislike it as much as I dislike Marmite, and put in proportion, that’s even more that I dislike buck.
A daily vitamin pill is good for you and it tastes much better
Edward de Bono is one of the world’s most respected lateral thinkers – he invented the phrase - he advises governments on various problems. When asked what can be done about the Middle East conflict he said “Send Marmite”
His reasoning was along the lines of:- In the middle east they eat unleavened bread, unleavened bread is low in zinc, zinc deficiency is known to cause aggression, marmite is high in zinc
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234826 Aug 18, 2014
The goat botherers could just brush their teeth.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried Vegemite and I dislike it as much as I dislike Marmite, and put in proportion, that’s even more that I dislike buck.
A daily vitamin pill is good for you and it tastes much better
Edward de Bono is one of the world’s most respected lateral thinkers – he invented the phrase - he advises governments on various problems. When asked what can be done about the Middle East conflict he said “Send Marmite”
His reasoning was along the lines of:- In the middle east they eat unleavened bread, unleavened bread is low in zinc, zinc deficiency is known to cause aggression, marmite is high in zinc

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234827 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Haeckel's embryos were faked by an atheist scientist, and debunked by Christians.

My advice to atheist scientists - stop lying.

Location hidden

#234828 Aug 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not...
They did...
And you still have not provided any evidence of Hamas forcing children into schools to be used as targets. Or hospitals or UN aid shelters for that matter. And while you are stomping your foot minus any evidence I see you as the liar, but you are known for lying so it’s nothing new.
My dislike of Israeli terrorism is just as strong as my dislike for all terrorism. Even if some died in the wool atheist bombed your prison and killed all the butt crack type gobots in there I would still object to it.
But butt crack is incapable of seeing that because he condones Israeli terrorism and cannot rationalise that, he is clueless to the fact that the sort of terrorism he approves of is still terrorism
You are such a craven liar.

There has been no Israeli terrorism.

Every death in Gaza is caused by Hamas.

Every single death.

They should have thought about it before they elected terrorists.

Israel needs to kill many more the the muslim dogs.

(apologies to real dogs)

Location hidden

#234829 Aug 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem like a pretty typical American – what you know is babble sh|t
Since Brits never brush their teeth, and since muslims have oral sex with goats,...

Do British muslims have goat shit in their teeth?

I thought you would be the one to ask.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234830 Aug 18, 2014
How? By praying? Laughing at you, not with you, Puck Frick.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Haeckel's embryos were faked by an atheist scientist, and debunked by Christians.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234831 Aug 18, 2014
You messed up again, Puck Frick.

http://www.economist.com/node/15060097
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Brits never brush their teeth, and since muslims have oral sex with goats,...
Do British muslims have goat shit in their teeth?
I thought you would be the one to ask.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#234832 Aug 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The childlike innocence, naivete, and emotional weaknesses of these Topix atheists makes them very susceptible to those with ambitions and plans whispering in their ear.
I am a preacher. Send me $50 and plant a seed of prosperity, you will receive a blessing within 12 months, send me a $100 and your seed will produce a windfall within 6 months. Send me a thousand dollars and your big seed will produce a virtual harvest of blessings. I might even pray for you, will send you a prayer cloth of this special made paper.

Glory Hallelujah Amen brother. Send in your money and see yourself PROSPER!!!

Location hidden

#234833 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
How? By praying? Laughing at you, not with you, Puck Frick.
<quoted text>
Kettlewell's peppered moth research was faked by an atheist scientist, and debunked by Christians.

My advice to atheist scientists - stop lying.

masterbastard

Ada, OK

#234834 Aug 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I repeat for the hard of understanding... I have never called the US a terrorist’s nation and you WILL NEVER be able to justify such a LIE and to keep ranting that lie despite the complete lack of evidence shows a pretty powerful personality flaw that is on a par with butt cracks. But since when has justifying lies ever been an issue for godbots like you who twists and squirms and abuses and misrepresent other peoples words just to pleasure yourself in the name of your god?
This is an assumption on my part but an assumption that you have never denied despite being asked several times so let me ask, do you consider the US funding of NORAID implied that the US was/is a terrorist nation? Perhaps terrorism never existed for you until after 2001 when the US underwent a major strep change in both government policy and the public understand of terrorism. It is still a fact however that the US still funds NORAID from public donation and Israel from US tax dollars. And it is still la fact that Israel has deliberately targeted schools, hospitals and UN aid shelters with US supplied weapons... i.e. terrorism
Yes I am calling the majority of Americans raving godbots of little intelligence. You are a member of that club, live with it. Remember though, that is not all Americans, just the goddunitwiv magic brigade so don’t go twisting that statement as well.
Honey, you and I have been in discussion, argument, disagreement on and off for more than three years, I base my opinion of you on those discussions, as to whether your topix personality actually reflects your true life personality I really only know (or care). For all I know you may well be the most intelligent, honest, moral and understanding citizen on your side of the Atlantic. But that’s not how you portray yourself on this forum.
It is fact that you have had 3 socks (that I know of) RR, proxy queen and your current fictional ego booster during that time (3 is a multiple)
Pretty poor cherry picking there... but even so you should not let your egotestical (correct spelling and are you sure you are not buck?) mindset get the better of you. I was not being personally insulting to you but to rednecks in general
My exact words were “You really are letting your side down by appearing on topix when the pinnacle of redneck social networking is dragging their couch, TV and a 6 pack of cheap bear the front lawn (or better still getting there slave wife to do it) so it’s easier to yell at their neighbours.”
You have, while wearing an older sock admitted to being a redneck (and proud of it) and such behaviour is stereotypical of a redneck but I suppose it can be kind of difficult lugging the couch down from the 12th floor of a project bock right onto the main street.
Patrick

United States

#234835 Aug 18, 2014
In the real world advances in Iraq.....

Iraqi forces are planning an assault on the northern city of Mosul in a bid to take it from Islamic State fighters, the spokesman for the country's counter-terrorism unit says.

"The new tactic of launching a quick attack shrouded by secrecy proved successful," Sabah Nouri told news agency Reuters.

"We are determined to keep following the new assault tactics with help of intelligence provided by Americans ... the next stop will be Mosul."

Kurdish Peshmerga fighters and Iraqi counter-terrorism forces have recently taken back the country's largest dam from Islamic State militants, according to reports on state television.

The television station quoted Lieutenant-General Qasim Atta, a military spokesman, as saying the forces were backed by a joint air patrol.

Mr Atta did not give more details about the Mosul dam operation and an independent verification was not immediately possible.

Efforts by the Kurdish and Iraqi forces to reclaim the dam were supported by United States airstrikes from fighter jets and drones to destroy Islamic State vehicles and equipment stationed around the dam.

However, a Twitter account belonging to a media organisation that supports the Islamic State said the dam was still under the group's full control.

On Sunday, a Mosul dam engineer who has been in close contact with Islamic State militants holding the dam said they had been placing roadside bombs along roads leading in and out of the complex in anticipation of an assault.

The dam provides electricity and irrigation water for farming to large areas of Iraq's northern Nineveh province.

The latest northern Iraq offensive by Islamic State militants has rattled the government in Baghdad and its Western allies, prompting the United States to mount the first airstrikes in the country since it withdrew in 2011.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-18/kurds-i...

Location hidden

#234836 Aug 18, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Because they are unintentionally funny and we thoroughly enjoy crucifying them on their own cross!
We should use those pieces of Noah`s ark they found and use the same nails. The Christians fell for those hoaxes like a tree to a lumberjack. And sent the charlatan money to help him do more research. If it says Christian, throw money at it.

Location hidden

#234837 Aug 18, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..so...you have acrid sense of humor ...:)
With an id , like the Arrakis fremen " Stilgar" ....I'm not surprised ..
Who , doesn't want a Christmas present ..the Jews..??
Only the Jehovah Witnesses.

Location hidden

#234838 Aug 18, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think an atheist wouldn't want a Christmas present.
As a Christian, I don't want any presents for Ramadan. I don't even know when it is.
But atheists, especially the ones posting here, seem to be obsessed with Christianity.
It is a time when nobody is at work (except Waffle House) workers. A great time to have a family reunion and give gifts to tell them how much they mean to me. Have a great meal and just have fun and fellowship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 min Aura Mytha 27,311
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min one way or another 58,250
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 1 hr Pence of Tides 54
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Dogen 1,945
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 5 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 167
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 6 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,947
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web