Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#234654 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be the ignorant, hateful, lying Queen of 'rational atheist' oxymorons.
One of my friends fought to get 1700 Kurds out of Iraq when the first Bush abandoned them to Saddam's hit list.
Where were the atheists? Oh, they were helping Saddam make gas to murder entire Kurdish villages...
Smirk.
Yes I am sure we all have friends...

So because you had a friend who fought in Iraq this is cause to excuse the use of US tax dollars to pay for Israel to kill women and children in Gaza, to bomb hospitals and schools in Gaza? How very christian of you

Honey I had a friend who was killed defending Kurdish women and children from Sadams hit squads. Guess what, he was atheist.... get over the sanctimonious lying ignorance of your p|ss poor excuse for religion that needs to lie to excuse itself with justification for lying

I also had 2 friends (1 atheist, 1 Muslim) who have been crippled in Afghanistan defending villagers against the Taliban.

My grandfather (confirmed atheist) was killed (shot by US troops) for defending a French (christian, catholic) woman from being raped by those good christian US troops just after the D day landing.

I have a friend who lives India, she too is atheist, she continues to spend her holidays in Afghanistan helping out where she can, as she did during the worst of the fighting.

I have several friends (all atheist) who work for charities working around the world, including countries like Afghanistan and Iraq

Yes I have and had friends too.

Finally I personally have no doubt that I donate more to various charities in cash and time each year than you earn and guess what, I am atheist

#234655 Aug 14, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You can't buy class.
<quoted text>

Yes you can... a C class

http://quotes.carwow.co.uk/buy/Mercedes/C-Cla...

#234656 Aug 14, 2014
Thinking wrote:
There's too much antimarmitism in this world.
<quoted text>
You either love it or hate it

I must admit I am a firm believer in the antimarmite movement

#234658 Aug 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume they think they can buy salvation.
It is a thought. A thought that indicates they don’t understand the meaning of christianity, but then again, there are very few christians who do.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#234659 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
To be perfectly honest I really do not know what the US public fall for such blatant dishonesty in the name of jesus.
The only lie is that the average Pastor makes $1,800 a sermon.

There goes the morals of a 'rational atheist' oxymoron Queen again...

Smile.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#234660 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You either love it or hate it
I must admit I am a firm believer in the antimarmite movement
Not a really vocal or high profile movement, I presume? lol

Location hidden

#234661 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am sure we all have friends...
So because you had a friend who fought in Iraq this is cause to excuse the use of US tax dollars to pay for Israel to kill women and children in Gaza, to bomb hospitals and schools in Gaza? How very christian of you
Honey I had a friend who was killed defending Kurdish women and children from Sadams hit squads. Guess what, he was atheist.... get over the sanctimonious lying ignorance of your p|ss poor excuse for religion that needs to lie to excuse itself with justification for lying
I also had 2 friends (1 atheist, 1 Muslim) who have been crippled in Afghanistan defending villagers against the Taliban.
My grandfather (confirmed atheist) was killed (shot by US troops) for defending a French (christian, catholic) woman from being raped by those good christian US troops just after the D day landing.
I have a friend who lives India, she too is atheist, she continues to spend her holidays in Afghanistan helping out where she can, as she did during the worst of the fighting.
I have several friends (all atheist) who work for charities working around the world, including countries like Afghanistan and Iraq
Yes I have and had friends too.
Finally I personally have no doubt that I donate more to various charities in cash and time each year than you earn and guess what, I am atheist
You misunderstand me. My friend wasn't fighting in Iraq, he was a Christian NGO. Moreover, I have several Christian NGO friends who worked in Afghanistan helping widows establish businesses, working to develop alternative crops for farmers and setting up schools for girls. And that is just a tiny part of the countries and Christian NGO organizations the Church I pastored was involved in supporting and sending out.

As to donations and service, I'd bank you are wrong.

Smile.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234662 Aug 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They would have to buy all their game from a source that had a inspector in hand and pay the FDA fees associated with it. Here is one source, but as I was saying eating at a place that serves this type food is going to cost a fortune.
http://www.brokenarrowranch.com/FAQ.htm
I would think the licensed meat processing plant for wild or pen raisef game animsls was inspected like any beef, poultry, or fish farm would be. Then the restaurant gets frozen food to chunk on the fire.

I don't think a lot of butchering goes on in most restaurants nowadays that would allow wild animal diseases to contaminate the kitchen. Nor are they scaling and cleaning live fish there, either.

Wouldn't be all that nuch more expensive.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#234663 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can... a C class
http://quotes.carwow.co.uk/buy/Mercedes/C-Cla...
Class 6

http://www.worktruckonline.com/fc_images/news...

#234664 Aug 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They would have to buy all their game from a source that had a inspector in hand and pay the FDA fees associated with it. Here is one source, but as I was saying eating at a place that serves this type food is going to cost a fortune.
http://www.brokenarrowranch.com/FAQ.htm
You should pay a visit to France in autumn (fall). You hear the bang, bang if rifles being fired deep in the forests. You always know when the hunters have been successful. The local restaurants and bistros all have “sanglier”(wild boar) as the plat du jour (dish of the day).

An amuse bouche and a 3 course meal with perhaps foie gras etc to start, sanglier as the main and some lovely desert will cost between €12 and €25 ($16 to $33) at a bistro and around €16 up in a Michelin rated restaurant. Sorry but wine will be extra

Here in the UK there is no wild boar to hunt but there are wild boar farms and although expensive compared to the cheaper cuts of steak (rump etc), I can get boar for about the same price as ribeye

Some of the better class butchers sell homemade wild boar or venison sausage

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#234665 Aug 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think the licensed meat processing plant for wild or pen raisef game animsls was inspected like any beef, poultry, or fish farm would be. Then the restaurant gets frozen food to chunk on the fire.
I don't think a lot of butchering goes on in most restaurants nowadays that would allow wild animal diseases to contaminate the kitchen. Nor are they scaling and cleaning live fish there, either.
Wouldn't be all that nuch more expensive.
Broken arrow ranch says $50.00 min. order plus a overnight shipping fee for a cooler packed with gel packs (resuable)
So Dave 50.00 will buy maybe enough for a small party, but over 100.00 I'm sure including shipping for the meat alone. Compare that to just regular steaks.
There is one place I see that sells sausage and dressed meats fairly cheap, but we are talking processed bbq'ed meats and sausage / hot dogs vs real wild game.

http://sammyswildgamegrill.com/

#234666 Aug 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Hmmm, methinks I prefer the c class but in the end I’ll stick with the xkr
http://www.productioncars.com/gallery.php...

As certain people (buck, RR and clones etc) on here say, I have no class

#234667 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The only lie is that the average Pastor makes $1,800 a sermon.
There goes the morals of a 'rational atheist' oxymoron Queen again...
Smile.
Not my words but go ahead and accuse me.

You are good at making lying accusations

Poof, bang goes your street cred

#234668 Aug 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a really vocal or high profile movement, I presume? lol
Have you not tried marmite???

If you like it you will yum

If you don’t like it you will be extremely vocal

Location hidden

#234669 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my words but go ahead and accuse me.
You are good at making lying accusations
Poof, bang goes your street cred
What hypocritical backpedaling. You voiced complete agreement. Man up Queen!

Snicker.

#234670 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand me. My friend wasn't fighting in Iraq, he was a Christian NGO. Moreover, I have several Christian NGO friends who worked in Afghanistan helping widows establish businesses, working to develop alternative crops for farmers and setting up schools for girls. And that is just a tiny part of the countries and Christian NGO organizations the Church I pastored was involved in supporting and sending out.
Smile.
Who cares, you used (or fell for) the good old christian lie of not finding any atheist in foxholes to make up a statement that shows you are just an ignorant liar.

Here let me quote you lie...
“Where were the atheists? Oh, they were helping Saddam make gas to murder entire Kurdish villages...”

Honey, there was no misunderstanding of you vile lie, you have used similar on previous occasions and being slapped down for it each time. But being the good christian you are it seems you are incapable of learning.

And given what I understand of your posts, including you lies and the big up egotestical (correct spelling) KiMare boosters you pepper liberally about you lies then... I’ll bank that I am not wrong.
C-City Clown

United States

#234671 Aug 14, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the above. That was a stab at Chrissy's "you just threatened me" nonsense when no one has threatened her.
Call it an inside joke.
And you're on the outside.
I don't believe you.

#234672 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What hypocritical backpedaling. You voiced complete agreement. Man up Queen!
Snicker.
Still not my words and I did happen to give you a short list of pastors who are currently being investigated for the fraud they use to fleece christians of their hard earned cash.

Oh I forgot, didn't I once hear that you were such a pastor who was “defrocked” for trying to get into the panties of your good female parishioners

Yes, that’s right, no wonder you attempt to smoke screen such a fraud.

#234673 Aug 14, 2014
C-City Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
No... it’s true, he threaten me by claiming he had me in his gun sights but the sights were faulty.

When he was called out about it – not only by me but several other posters - he backpedalled and said it was just a joke

Location hidden

#234674 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares, you used (or fell for) the good old christian lie of not finding any atheist in foxholes to make up a statement that shows you are just an ignorant liar.
Here let me quote you lie...
“Where were the atheists? Oh, they were helping Saddam make gas to murder entire Kurdish villages...”
Honey, there was no misunderstanding of you vile lie, you have used similar on previous occasions and being slapped down for it each time. But being the good christian you are it seems you are incapable of learning.
And given what I understand of your posts, including you lies and the big up egotestical (correct spelling) KiMare boosters you pepper liberally about you lies then... I’ll bank that I am not wrong.
And there is the cornered Queen shifting to cover her idiocy and lies...

I made no inference of foxhole atheists. I noted that they are on the barbaric, selfish side of history over and over. I was specifically referring to the French support of Saddam.

And you STILL can't explain who those Gazan missiles fell on their own heads and their tunnel scheme collapsed days before an attempt to murder women and children on a Jewish Holy day, exactly as the Bible predicted!

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 17 min Regolith Based Li... 27,313
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Subduction Zone 58,257
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 2 hr Pence of Tides 54
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 hr Dogen 1,945
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 5 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 167
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 7 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,947
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web