Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247536 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234378 Aug 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To be or not to be?
A lover of one’s self?
Self admiration and highmindedness?
2 Timothy 3:2
“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers…….”
We are living in the age of Atheism.
at least we get to knock a few of them between the eyes with truth on forums like this!;-)

better do it now why we can before they start building their concentration/extermination camps again and then we can't!
religionislies

Exeter, UK

#234379 Aug 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To be or not to be?
A lover of one’s self?
Self admiration and highmindedness?
2 Timothy 3:2
“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers…….”
We are living in the age of Atheism.
many brain damaged creationists have tried to sell their god before they have proven it.

And they are all fools because there's no such thing as god. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.
religionislies

Exeter, UK

#234380 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
at least we get to knock a few of them between the eyes with truth on forums like this!;-)
better do it now why we can before they start building their concentration/extermination camps again and then we can't!
Religious liars are weak and have no evidence of the god their cults sent them here to lie about.
religionislies

Exeter, UK

#234381 Aug 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur."
When you can prove your hallucinations, then you will get respect, not before, theist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#234382 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
True!

[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#234383 Aug 8, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
many brain damaged creationists have tried to sell their god before they have proven it.
And they are all fools because there's no such thing as god. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.
Helen Keller believed there was is God and she was deaf and blind.

An accomplished author she wrote 12 books and a number of articles.

She was also a successful political activist on the left. She wouldn’t have been considered a conservative in this day and time.

Her teacher “Ann Sullivan,” was able to press through the darkness early in her life and teach her to communicate. What Ann discovered hiding in the darkness was a brilliant mind. Helen later wrote she knew there was a God long before she was formally taught about him.

I’m not sure Ann Sullivan could even reach you. And from your derogatory and less than stellar writing. I doubt she would have found a brilliant mind in your case.

You will never find proof of God if you don’t bother to look. Your problem is you are too cowardly to search for God. Because in the most recess of your thought process you’re afraid you’ll find him.

Regardless, unlike you my good Atheist friend. I respect your right to believe how you wish.[tipping hat]

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234384 Aug 8, 2014
religionislies wrote:

When you can prove your hallucinations, then you will get respect, not before, theist.
Oh darn. The most important thing in my life is earning your respect...

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#234385 Aug 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You're still doing it.
E=MC2 is man's understanding and limitations. If you think God is limited to the universe He created, you're fooking crazy.
This is God described in Revelations:
"Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns."
I know you think you're on to something, but you're not.
What god? Your imaginary friends don't exist.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234386 Aug 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What god? Your imaginary friends don't exist.
But black holes do, right?

You are still a dumbass.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#234387 Aug 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there you go again. It takes you precisely 3 posts for you to start vomiting your wild lies, guesswork and BS because you have nothing else to give. You are a pathetic lying wanker.
I'll second all that.
:-)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is no rational explanation why the Israeli army should choose to murder unarmed civilians including children under the protection of the UN and sheltering in an officially designated and marked building. There is no rational explanation why the Israeli air force should choose to use a US manufactured and supplied F15 to kill an 8 tearold girkl while supposedly under t5he falg of cease fire.
Or perhaps there is an excuse, the excuse of all fanatics, terror
The Arabs and Israeli have been @ each other's throats for over half a century. I can't see anything changing there.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#234388 Aug 8, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
A few more...
One Galileo in two thousand years is enough.~Pope Pius XII
They came with a Bible and their religion, stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.
~Chief Pontiac
When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, Sir?”
~John Maynard Keynes
“The Romans killed Jesus on the cross. His death on the cross saved us from our sins. Therefore, we should worship the Romans.”
~Earle Jones
"When engaged in discussion with an eminent theologian. "What inference," asked the theologian, "might one draw about the nature of God from a study of his works?" biochemist John Haldane replied: "An inordinate fondness for beetles."
~John Burdon Sanderson Haldane
"I turned to speak to God, about the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there."
~Robert Frost
Peace on earth?
Not as long as religion exists.
Very good. Thanks for those.

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
- Denis Diderot

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/de...

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#234389 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that there is treatment available for that paranoia of yours.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#234390 Aug 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberace, yes a deeply religious man and he was gay for sure – are all deeply religious men gay?
Is that why some people call you 'shirt lifter'?
Our Waassoo calls all of us on here "gaytheists". Now I wonder why I might say something like that?

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#234391 Aug 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
But black holes do, right?
You are still a dumbass.
According to everything we have learned in the last 20 years about it...yes they do.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/new...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234392 Aug 9, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> According to everything we have learned in the last 20 years about it...yes they do.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/new...
You want me to take your word over Hawking and Crothers?

Thanks, but no.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#234393 Aug 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to take your word over Hawking and Crothers?
Thanks, but no.
Creationist failure with no evidence of god and nothing of worth to say.

When you reject science like a blind donkey and can't defend any reasons for it, you turn into ignorant buck crick. Fact.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#234394 Aug 9, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Helen Keller believed there was is God and she was deaf and blind.
No evidence that god is real, only that people hallucinate. That's the point of a hallucination -its in your head - makes no difference if you have no senses - its not really there.

Why are you creationists so stupid? Can you explain that to us?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#234395 Aug 9, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. Thanks for those.
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
- Denis Diderot
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/de...
Yeah, like North Korea has done.

Smirk.
CunningLinguist

United States

#234396 Aug 9, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Waassoo calls all of us on here "gaytheists". Now I wonder why I might say something like that?
Is it possible that wassssoo is only half the man mother is?

It all makes sense now.
Gay marriage and marijuana being legalized on the same day.
Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lays with another man he should stoned".
We're just interpreting it wrong!
CunningLinguist

United States

#234397 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The "doctrine that there is no deity" is not interesting to theists.
Have a nice day.
I think it must be very interesting or infuriating!

WHY?

The religious impaired insist on attending these forums and commenting to atheists who have zero interest in what they think or believe.

Do atheists attend religious forums and promote atheism secularism skepticism humanism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 17 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 30
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 24 min Eagle 12 12,798
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr cancer lost 47,837
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 1 hr Thinking 13
Proof of God for the Atheist 1 hr Amused 130
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr said 20,899
Hitler was Catholic 8 hr Thinking 3
More from around the web