Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255927 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234458 Aug 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll second all that.
:-)
<quoted text>
The Arabs and Israeli have been @ each other's throats for over half a century. I can't see anything changing there.
Cheers

This is true, and killing women and children under UN protection is doing nothing to help.
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Waassoo calls all of us on here "gaytheists". Now I wonder why I might say something like that?
:-)
Judging by the way Waassoo tries to be the big chauvinist it make me wonder what he is trying to hide.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#234460 Aug 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one fired from a UN building – Visibly designated with UN insignia and neutral under INTERNATIONAL law
Defend against innocent women and children under UN protection? Ahh, I see... I see in the distance the steaming rising from the pile of sh|te where your mind lurks.
My humanity (you call bigotry – are you really that sick minded?) has fook all to do with who pulled the trigger on children under UN protection.
P.S. your government also abhors this war crime. So you consider them to be bigoted too?
I never said they did. I noted international law about occupied civilian areas.

The US government recognizes that Hamas uses human shields and targets civilians.

You still can't explain how Hamas rockets killed and hurt only Arabs, or that years of digging tunnels at the expense of over 160 Gazan children was totally futile.

I did.

Psalm 7:14-16 (TNIV)
14 Those who are pregnant with evil conceive trouble and give birth to disillusionment.
15 Those who dig a hole and scoop it out fall into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them; their violence comes down on their own heads.

Smile.
Siro

Wiley Park, Australia

#234461 Aug 11, 2014
Glad to see that atheisms 2 mainstays are still here and still spitting venom more toxic than their STIs which they get on a regular basis.
But then again.......perverts only get what they deserve.
Still, you are the only infidels who bother to try and argue their point.
Unlike the stooges of comrade bob of qf who just repeat the same one liners ad nauseum.

Christine.....have you tried an abo?

Rosa.......YOU CANT BEAT THE SIRO, NOBODY CAN BEAT THE SIRO..

#234462 Aug 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they did. I noted international law about occupied civilian areas.
The US government recognizes that Hamas uses human shields and targets civilians.
You still can't explain how Hamas rockets killed and hurt only Arabs, or that years of digging tunnels at the expense of over 160 Gazan children was totally futile.
I did.
Psalm 7:14-16 (TNIV)
14 Those who are pregnant with evil conceive trouble and give birth to disillusionment.
15 Those who dig a hole and scoop it out fall into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them; their violence comes down on their own heads.
Smile.
Are you really that stupid or are you backpedalling because you were stupid enough to open your mouth without putting your brain in gear? International law does not mention civilian areas as neutral areas, it is however extremely specific on UN property. Or perhaps you claim you saw it on Al Jazeera news, just like last time you fooked up and tried to blame it on someone else.

My only argument is that Israel bombed not one but two UN buildings and killed an 8 year old girl while under cease fire. That of course has lead people like buck to accuse me of terrorist sympathies and you to repeatedly spout irrelevant BS. I really could not give a toss about the other crap, Israel and Hamas have been at each other’s throats for almost 70 years of tit for tat killings, it isn’t going to change any time soon.

No you didn’t, you put it down to your god who in your deliberate ignorance you were not aware that also happens to be the muslim god too. What you laid as explanation is your own deliberate ignorance and I can assure you that your deliberate ignorance is no valid reason for killing each other.

But I can see where you get your anti humanitarian ideas from, the babble is full of such horrors in the name of your god

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234465 Aug 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not ask what you rested on your chin while you suck your prison guards dick
No weapons in the UN buildings except in your frigging pathetic and childish mind, whenever you have nothing you make sh|t up, it’s the butt crack way we have all come to know and expect – Israel commit 2 war crimes, your own government agrees to this and yet buck knows best (or thinks he does)
What you appear to be saying is that all Americans are pig ignorant failed bank robbers languishing in jail because you are a pig ignorant failed bank robber languishing in jail and are American. And I thought you liked Americans.
Childish prattle.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234466 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even God can do the logically impossible, like creating a two-sided triangle or a married bachelor.
Capisce?
Gods are illogical, And without a shred of evidence of their existence.

Any God worth its salt could do anything it wished.
Comprende?

Location hidden

#234467 Aug 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid or are you backpedalling because you were stupid enough to open your mouth without putting your brain in gear? International law does not mention civilian areas as neutral areas, it is however extremely specific on UN property. Or perhaps you claim you saw it on Al Jazeera news, just like last time you fooked up and tried to blame it on someone else.
My only argument is that Israel bombed not one but two UN buildings and killed an 8 year old girl while under cease fire. That of course has lead people like buck to accuse me of terrorist sympathies and you to repeatedly spout irrelevant BS. I really could not give a toss about the other crap, Israel and Hamas have been at each other’s throats for almost 70 years of tit for tat killings, it isn’t going to change any time soon.
No you didn’t, you put it down to your god who in your deliberate ignorance you were not aware that also happens to be the muslim god too. What you laid as explanation is your own deliberate ignorance and I can assure you that your deliberate ignorance is no valid reason for killing each other.
But I can see where you get your anti humanitarian ideas from, the babble is full of such horrors in the name of your god
LOL, Queen of oxymorons, you responded to my post about the rockets and tunnels.

By the way, rockets were found in three UN facilities. Are you shocked?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/pic...

Smile.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234468 Aug 11, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Comprende?
God did what he wanted and made the oceans out of salt.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234469 Aug 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he do what he wanted when he created disease, birth defects, ebola and the like?

Not very smart for a God, I would expect the world he is alleged to create to be perfect rather than imperfect; but god does have a "bad hair " day every now and then I suppose.

After all... you're here aren't you?

Do you enjoy selling Jesus on the Internet and failing miserably?

I believe there's a term for that called flagellation.
Ask any Catholic... They will tell you all about them.

The more education a person has the less religiosity. I don't say this to be demeaning to you only that I think you do not understand science.

Science questions everything, it experiments, it relies on accurate results, science is never satisfied.

I will admit that it is possible for some people to be born with their brain 'hardwired' for a God... and logic/reason cannot not sway them. I believe they yearn for immortality.

I wonder why religious people like yourself bother to attend an atheist forum.

To what purpose does this serve?

Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith?

I consider myself agnostic and would never waste my time posting anything in any religious forum.
N'est pas
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234470 Aug 11, 2014
RIP Robin Williams committed suicide today.

Another comedy great is left us.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/08/11/robin-wi...

#234471 Aug 12, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish prattle.
Funny how war crimes hearings are looking more and more likely to the extent that Netanyahu has asked US lawyers to defend Israel on court.

As for your bigotry, you do not even know what you are talking about

#234472 Aug 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Queen of oxymorons, you responded to my post about the rockets and tunnels.
By the way, rockets were found in three UN facilities. Are you shocked?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/pic...
Smile.
I responded to you claim that god dun it

You responded to my response

And I responded to your responce

Kind of like the Arab Israeli conflict don’t you think?

BTW that link mentions nothing about the UN or UN facilities – are you shocked?

#234473 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?

The oceans are made out of 2 parts hydrogen (the most abundant element in the universe) to one part oygen, i,e, H2O (water), they contain about 3.5% salts and around 80 other chemical elements including uranium and gold.
http://www.seafriends.org.nz/oceano/seawater....

But if you want to go diving into a pool full of sodium chloride in the name of your god then go for it, don’t forget your hardhat.

#234474 Aug 12, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
RIP Robin Williams committed suicide today.
Another comedy great is left us.
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/08/11/robin-wi...
Sorrowful news, RIP Robin

Location hidden

#234475 Aug 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to you claim that god dun it
You responded to my response
And I responded to your responce
Kind of like the Arab Israeli conflict don’t you think?
BTW that link mentions nothing about the UN or UN facilities – are you shocked?
Just keeping you on subject inspite of your lie that our responses were not about God's judgment on the evil Gazan schemes. You denial is not a rational response honey.

You already know about the rockets in UN facilities, why waste time.

The lind was a rational explanation of the Israeli/Palestinian situation. Are you confused?

Smirk.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234477 Aug 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem to be the same godbot who lies... or do you all lie?
I have told you before that is not what I claim, I have told you before EXACTLY what I do claim and STILL YOU LIE.
Honey you have just lost any credibility your thought you had.
Oh no!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234478 Aug 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see you have no grasp of science, E=MC^2 works, it is proven to work and you actually use it in several different ways to post you denial of it – so hypocritical
Do you have any evidence that god creating anything? NOPE, what you have is belief that god created the universe and you let that believe limit you education. Belief is not evidence... get over yourself.
And more lies from you because I specifically quote Revelation 19:6 (KJV) note that “K J V”– it means King James Version and is the definitive babble from which most other modern English translations are adapted. I really do not give a toss about some cloned and bastardized NIV book that somehow seems to omit everything from the original book that offends the sensibilities of a certain group of godbots.
Here is a comparison between you cut down and bastardised babble and the KJV http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/m-m.html I hope it helps you relise how limited your religious education is.
Where is your evidence that E=MC2 proves God cannot be omnipotent?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234479 Aug 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that thick or have you have never met a circumcised jew? Half the Jewish population have had their genitals mutilated. Oh wait a moment, perhaps you think that’s OK because they are men?
As I told butt crack a couple of posts ago, I suggest you google Eritrea and do a little research
Eritrea: Religious Distribution (2002) indicates that Christianity makes up 63% of the population with Islam making up 37%.
Eritrea: female genital mutilation of 35 to 39 year olds is 92.6% and of 15-19 year olds is 78.3%.
Do the maths
FGM is a cultural and tribal act and is not bounded by religion. I really do think you have been allowing the babble to interfere with reading those ‘learning’ books.
Circumcision is a medical procedure, not genital mutilation.

Get a grip.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234480 Aug 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:

So you don’t actually know much about what happened outside you back yard do you?... Fair enough
It is not written in any mythology that jesus exited at all. In fact other than the babble there is absolutely no mention of him.{SNIP}
Wrong. There are quite a few Roman historians that wrote about Jesus.

Were they in the Bible, Chrissy?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234481 Aug 12, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Comprende?
Except for the logically impossible...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min ChristineM 15,787
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 37 min The Northener 40,302
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr u196533dm 26
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr NightSerf 187
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr woodtick57 20,580
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr gin ertz 3,745
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 11 hr emperorjohn 4,627
More from around the web