Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243380 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#234239 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ill.
What is the largest number before infinity?
Why can't you add one more to it?
Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahhahahahahahhahahaahhahahh ahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha hhaha....

Every number added together, is still too short, but........ that's the point buckster.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234240 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Every number added together, is still too short, but........ that's the point buckster.
You dodged the question.

In this sequence of expansion, what is the largest finite number?

If it expanded from a volume of near zero, there has to be a transition from finite to infinite.

What is the largest finite number that corresponds?

Why can't you add one to it?

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahhah ahahahaaaaaa......

“Rising”

Milky Way

#234241 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged the question.
If it expanded from a volume of near zero, there has to be a transition from finite to infinite.
It didn't have to become infinite from near zero, it already was.
The observable universe expanded and created the finite distance we see, but extends past the
light horizon, to where at the outermost limits an infinite number of expanding points are expanding also.

"What is the largest finite number that corresponds?"

There is no finite number before , there is always another addition or subtraction.
There could be a infinite series of numbers to which all of them are not enough.
Get the terms straight, an "infinitesimal" expanded infinitly into an infinite number of points expanding. It was never finite to begin with. It was infinitely reduced in reverse of what it is now.Instead of counting up, it was counting down...

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#234242 Aug 4, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
You should remember that any religious building, church, mosque, Temple or synagogue sporting a lightning rod shows a startling lack of conviction and confidence.
When lightning strikes a church and burns it down why is it rebuilt? Wasn't this God's will to destroy it.?
You theists are truly hilarious and unintentionally funny but too deluded to comprehend why we find you amusing.
Religion is a disease. It is born of fear; it compensates through hate in the guise of authority, revelation. Religion, enthroned in a powerful social organization, can become incredibly sadistic. No religion has been more cruel than the Christian.
The interesting thing about that one, is that it wasn't originally the Xian God who fired off lightning bolts. It was the Roman head deity, Jupiter Optimus Maximus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_ (mythology)
http://www.varchive.org/itb/thunder.htm
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/j/jupiter.ht...

Original thinkers.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#234243 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved you are crap in bed and you don't even realise it. The terms ‘all mouth and no trousers’– as well as one closer to your heart (and dubyas)‘all hat and no cattle’
I do know why I do, I dislike you because you are an obnoxious, chauvinist godbot
Yes, and that's his good side.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#234244 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged the question.
its almost as though you actually enjoy being ignorant and unknowing.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#234245 Aug 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - you funny honey and could you please tell kait that i'm not holding any ill feelings against her and hope she doesn't me either?;-)
You tell her. I'm not your secretary.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#234247 Aug 5, 2014
How do you explain the exposure of a scheme to attack Israeli citizens through the tunnels, and over 3,000 rockets doing far more harm to those who fired them, except by the hand of God?

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#234248 Aug 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer not to insult morons with Buck.
I find it entertaining to watch him run around in circles daily.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings...
She ain't done singing and we keep buck dancin n dancin!
Every forum needs a fool... he's ours.
LOL.

He can be quite intelligent (sometimes), certainly above the average level for a godbot. His problem is that he is clueless how to harness that inelegance. Can you imagine where he could go if only he was not so deliberately ignorant?

Location hidden

#234249 Aug 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't have to become infinite from near zero, it already was.
The observable universe expanded and created the finite distance we see, but extends past the
light horizon, to where at the outermost limits an infinite number of expanding points are expanding also.
"What is the largest finite number that corresponds?"
There is no finite number before , there is always another addition or subtraction.
There could be a infinite series of numbers to which all of them are not enough.
Get the terms straight, an "infinitesimal" expanded infinitly into an infinite number of points expanding. It was never finite to begin with. It was infinitely reduced in reverse of what it is now.Instead of counting up, it was counting down...
It was finite in volume, or distance.

You are trying to mix two different infinities, neither of which you have.

You can't go from infinitely small (infintesimal) to infinitely large without passing through finite numbers.

What was the largest finite number? Why couldn't you add 1 to it?

You are not equipped to discuss this.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#234250 Aug 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It was finite in volume, or distance.
You are trying to mix two different infinities, neither of which you have.
You can't go from infinitely small (infintesimal) to infinitely large without passing through finite numbers.
What was the largest finite number? Why couldn't you add 1 to it?
You are not equipped to discuss this.
Don't be idiotic and assume the universe bends to respect the laws we wrote as we think created it.
As it more often than not forces is to adjust or rewrite the laws to describe it.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234251 Aug 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be idiotic and assume the universe bends to respect the laws we wrote as we think created it.
As it more often than not forces is to adjust or rewrite the laws to describe it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yD1qAEeyetsXX
You are dangerously close to believing In intelligent design.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#234252 Aug 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
How do you explain the exposure of a scheme to attack Israeli citizens through the tunnels, and over 3,000 rockets doing far more harm to those who fired them, except by the hand of God?
You explain it by killing women and children and refugees sheltering in UN aid centres, no god involved

Location hidden

#234253 Aug 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be idiotic and assume the universe bends to respect the laws we wrote as we think created it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yD1qAEeyetsXX
You still dodge the question.

"infinity" is something we wrote. You want to bend the universe to fit it. You can't.

Don't use the term if you don't like it. You are not allowed to selectively apply it when it suits you, or change it into something it's not.

Again, what is the largest finite number that corresponds to the expansion?

Why can't you add 1 to it?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234255 Aug 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
She uses it for a vibrator.
Bet she got a surge that time.
Say, Stig. Can you tell me what it means when someone says, "There are no black holes"?
Is he saying there ARE black holes?
No, no, no. When someone says "there are no black holes", what they're actually saying is, "add extra cheese and sour cream".

Duh.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234256 Aug 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Of course, when it’s in from the repair shop – problem is that butt crack keeps breaking it
No, dear...

ChristineM wrote:
I have told you 10 million times to stop exaggerating.

...that was you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#234257 Aug 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You explain it by killing women and children and refugees sheltering in UN aid centres, no god involved
That does nothing to answer my question. What it does do is expose the depravity of Islam that hide behind women and children.
Patrick

United States

#234258 Aug 5, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
its almost as though you actually enjoy being ignorant and unknowing.
......and some good news for America ?
Pope Francis may soon visit the U.S. to attend the World Meeting of Families. His visit would present a unique opportunity to have a conversation about families that moves past the usual culture war flash points.

Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia broke some big news recently when he announced that Pope Francis would make his first trip to the United States next September.

While the Vatican has not officially confirmed the visit, it’s widely expected the pope will attend a Philadelphia conference focused on families with possible stops at the United Nations and in Washington. This papal trip is shaping up to be a blockbuster worth watching for anyone who cares about the intersection of religion and politics.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234259 Aug 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian Mythology doesn't understand math.
Examples
1+1+1=1
0+0=something
Have you ever wondered how many light-years God just sat around thinking about doing something until he came up with your religions idea?
If there are no other gods this would be like being in solitary confinement would not?
Nothing to do but stare outside your own mind. I guess he got lonely or bored.
And decided to take his anger out with his creations.
He's even lousy at fatherhood.
Look how he treated his son!
gaytheist-retatrds don't understand math, but Christians do!

I'll give you an example of the most simple equation gaytards miss:

Jesus + anything = nothing

Jesus + nothing = EVERYTHING

you're welcome!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234260 Aug 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell her. I'm not your secretary.
well i could be wrong, but i have a sneaking suspicion that you're more than just kait's 'secretary';-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min DebraE 9,375
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 8 hr Brian_G 6,217
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr ChristineM 19,788
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 10 hr Amused 2
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 19 hr thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 20 hr knight of Jesus 521
Disney Buys The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latte... (Nov '12) Fri millertr1 5
More from around the web