Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247283 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#234003 Jul 31, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
His future only exists here on topix.
What a lonely childlike soul he is; wasting away his life in this forum, commenting on anything and everything desperately seeking attention.
Gradeschool level mentality.
Superb at copy paste without even the slightest understanding of what he pasted.
The rebel without a clue!
And a mouth that could use a big bar of Ivory soap inserted horizontally.
He's already foaming, courtesy of you!
I ain't falling for no banana in the tail pipe.

hahahahah

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234004 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Theism is not religion.
Get an education if you want me to take you seriously.
Alternatively, you could attempt a valid point.
Theism “Belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe”
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...

Religion “The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods”
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...

Note the belief and god or gods - close enough not to confuse anyone other than butt crack

#234005 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is precisely your argument.
I don't blame you for disowning it.
That is not my argument and you frigginbg well know it – here let me repeat my argument for the hard of thinking and the deliberate liars - again

E=MC^2 shows that the omnipotent god as described in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you.
CunningLinguist

Apopka, FL

#234006 Jul 31, 2014
Theism for dummies...
Even morons like Buck.

www.pbs.org/.../theism-body.html

Theism. Belief in the existence of a divine reality; usually referring to monotheism (one God), as opposed to pantheism.

***superstition
1. a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.
2. a system or collection of such beliefs.
3. a custom or act based on such a belief.

***faith
complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"
synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction;
antonyms: mistrust
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination,(religious) persuasion,(religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine.

***Religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed;
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"

*** atheism
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
synonyms: nonbelief, disbelief, unbelief, irreligion, skepticism, doubt, agnosticism;

Superstition = religion = Gods = faith

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

#234007 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. That's why you log on, go back and find my posts, then respond to them.
Say what?? You egotestical (correct spelling) moron. I have been out of the country and off the internet for 7 days. I returned and loaded topix, it defaulted to the pages where I left off – No need to go back to find anything, it’s called technology and I realise it confuses you but that is not my problem.
CunningLinguist

Apopka, FL

#234008 Jul 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't falling for no banana in the tail pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HktV2yGtLv8XX
hahahahah
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe4g4w_jesus...

Jesus cancels second coming!

#234009 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't claim scientists make them.
Though it is possible, if they have hobbies like building model airplanes.
Actually he did – is the hiv you caught from all that a$$ reaming your fellow inmates give you finally effecting your brain function?
CunningLinguist

Apopka, FL

#234010 Jul 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush, who four years ago couldn’t identify a single mistake by his administration, on Monday ticked off a list of its shortcomings and disappointments, ranging from failures to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to its oft-criticized response to Hurricane Katrina.
And in his 50th and final solo White House press conference, the president said his successor, Barack Obama, will feel the weight of the presidency and the nation’s safety on his shoulders. He also spoke of making his wife, Laura, coffee on his first morning out of office.
Mr. Bush displayed flashes of remorse, wit and humor when discussing missteps such as the Abu Ghraib prison scandal in Iraq,
his attempt to overhaul Social Security rather than take on immigration reform in 2005,
and the unfurling of a “Mission Accomplished” banner on an aircraft carrier shortly after Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was toppled.
W did have a way with words...

''There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.''
—President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002.

''Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.''
—President George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

''See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.''
—President George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

''They misunderestimated me.''
—George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

< insert Forest Gump line here >

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234011 Jul 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you are imagining past time, since you can't see time.:)
The error is strong in you , my young padawan learner.
Time is a constructive concept. You cannot trip over it.

It is a way to catologue, or order physical events, and units of quantity are assigned in linear fashion.

You don't see past time, or any time, but the difference in past time and future time is that it is detected, recorded, or remembered in it's association with events.

If you want to claim future time exists, you may present the physical future events with which you detected such time.

If you lived in the future and came back here to provide that for us, I suspect you could make lots of money on the movie rights.

Hollywood loves fantasies like the one you live n.

Location hidden

#234012 Jul 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he did – is the hiv you caught from all that a$$ reaming your fellow inmates give you finally effecting your brain function?
Such posts are a tell-tale sign you know you're losing.

#234013 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Such posts are a tell-tale sign you know you're losing.
Posts that prove you wrong are what?
Patrick

United States

#234014 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
W. was mistaken - Obama feels no weight on his shoulders.
He doesn't give a crap. He wants the celebrity, not the job.
He floats above it. To cool for school.
Knocks out Jimmy Carter as worst president.
Defensive as you should be after 4500 American lives lost In Iraq.

President Bush, who four years ago couldn’t identify a single mistake by his administration, on Monday ticked off a list of its shortcomings and disappointments,

ranging from failures to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

to its oft-criticized response to Hurricane Katrina.

: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/... -

Location hidden

#234015 Jul 31, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
Theism for dummies...
Even morons like Buck.
www.pbs.org/.../theism-body.html
Theism. Belief in the existence of a divine reality; usually referring to monotheism (one God), as opposed to pantheism.
***superstition
1. a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.
2. a system or collection of such beliefs.
3. a custom or act based on such a belief.
***faith
complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"
synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction;
antonyms: mistrust
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination,(religious) persuasion,(religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine.
***Religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed;
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"
*** atheism
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
synonyms: nonbelief, disbelief, unbelief, irreligion, skepticism, doubt, agnosticism;
Superstition = religion = Gods = faith
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
I didn't see something in there which supports your equating of theism with a particular religion.

Maybe you're trying to prove my point.

Location hidden

#234016 Jul 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Defensive as you should be after 4500 American lives lost In Iraq.
President Bush, who four years ago couldn’t identify a single mistake by his administration, on Monday ticked off a list of its shortcomings and disappointments,
ranging from failures to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq
to its oft-criticized response to Hurricane Katrina.
: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/... -
I'm only defensive about Bush to those who support the idiot we have in office now, or blame present difficulties on Bush.

I opposed the war in Iraq. I opposed several things Bush did.

Bush never tried to put blame on other Americans for his problems, and he believed in the idea of America as a great nation.

Not this president.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234017 Jul 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not my argument and you frigginbg well know it – here let me repeat my argument for the hard of thinking and the deliberate liars - again
E=MC^2 shows that the omnipotent god as described in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you.
Because that god eould have you in a bottle.

Lovey, you missed the infinite BS of the last few days, the finite universe identified by those who came up with that formula, and the passing out of brains and emotional restraint.

But I bet you got a fine looking ass.

:-)

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234018 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is a constructive concept. You cannot trip over it.
It is a way to catologue, or order physical events, and units of quantity are assigned in linear fashion.
You don't see past time, or any time, but the difference in past time and future time is that it is detected, recorded, or remembered in it's association with events.
If you want to claim future time exists, you may present the physical future events with which you detected such time.
If you lived in the future and came back here to provide that for us, I suspect you could make lots of money on the movie rights.
Hollywood loves fantasies like the one you live n.
Time doesn't start until you are doing something. It is a relative thing. Otherwise it is a rumor you heard about.

Location hidden

#234019 Jul 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So calenders are fictitious now are they? Appointments made for the future useless and there is no morrow?
Good heavens, no wonder you Christians are so afterlife conscious, you are already half dead!
....a calender is not time. An appointment is not time.

<sigh>

Here's somethiing for you:

$100,000.

Do you see it?

Now spend it.

<sigh>

Location hidden

#234020 Jul 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Time doesn't start until you are doing something. It is a relative thing. Otherwise it is a rumor you heard about.
Dave is correct again.

Hey Dave, why are atheists so prone to preposterous beliefs?

I mean, it seems there is only one unprovable idea they reject.

Thoughts?
Patrick

United States

#234021 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is correct again.
Hey Dave, why are atheists so prone to preposterous beliefs?
I mean, it seems there is only one unprovable idea they reject.
Thoughts?
Rather neutral on atheists and Christians as have good friends on each persuasion.
Are you attempting to be an embarrassment to your side?

Location hidden

#234022 Jul 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather neutral on atheists and Christians as have good friends on each persuasion.
Are you attempting to be an embarrassment to your side?
I dish out the embarrassment around here, Patrick.

I used your name properly because you finally asked a relevant question.

Answer is I'm neither a Christian nor an atheist.

On alternating occasions, I embarrass both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 39 min Gary Coaldigger 12,535
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr thetruth 47,774
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 4 hr Shizle 53
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 5 hr thetruth 4
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 13 hr thetruth 19
Proof of God for the Atheist 13 hr thetruth 100
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Fri Reason Personified 14,712
More from around the web