Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,656
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233723 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden the murderer ...
May be your Messiah but not mine
My saying that was as ridiculous as blaming everything on Bush.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#233724 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, now blame Obama for killing the Messiah Bin Laden.
What do you call the Navy SEALS team that shot Bin Laden?

The Turbanators.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233725 Jul 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have no country without immigration.
History, Dave.
A learning moment.
What are your thoughts on European immigration to the New World, oh enlightened little one? An improvement?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#233726 Jul 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call the Navy SEALS team that shot Bin Laden?
The Turbanators.
LOL It sure looked like slaughter at the petting zoo, sorta though.
Where he was and how he evaded capture shows we have really no friends in the Mid East or any Islamic countries. But I like that "The Turbanators" hahahah!

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#233728 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose fault was the Holocaust?
And how long has it been?
The passage of time does not change the facts.
Oh, yeah, I forgot the Inquisition. Has it been 6 years since the Inquisition?
And for gods sake since Hitler and Stalin which they harp on incessantly.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#233729 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be the Liberal and just come out and say it. The Holocaust was Bush's fault.
Of course.
No, the disaster in Iraq which has spread to the surrounding areas were Bush`s fault. And all the Repubs are acting like female freshmen highschoolers , making fun, jeering, name calling, because Obama hasn't fixed all the fuc(up of the Bush era yet.

They do nothing but make stumbling blocks out of themselves, and then point a finger, "see, he didn't fix it" Hypocrits

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233730 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can't measure an infinity, if you could it would in fact be a finite value.
I'm not contradicting myself, we are talking about a paradoxical event.
The only radius to the universe is time like horizon between what is observable and what is not observable. The space beyond that is at an infinite radius, hence the infinite flat model.
You can't say the universe has a radius of x distance because it's radius is infinite.
That's completely contradictory to what you have claimed up until now. You claimed it was physically infinite, but now you say it can't even have a physical radius because it is infinite.

If the universe is a physical phenomenon, it has a radius.

You are so fixated on infinity, you are willing to claim the universe is not a physical phenomenon.

This, of course, proves I am right - that no physical infinity can exist.

Your latest lame way around this is to say the universe has no radius, which would mean the universe is not a physical phenomenon.

Your thesis can be stated as follows:

1. The universe is a physically infinite phenomenon because,

2. It's radius is not measureable, because

3. It has no radius,

4. Therefore it is not a physical phenomenon,

5.. So it is an infinite physical phenomenon.

Your ideas are absurd, and your mind is jello.

Patrick

United States

#233731 Jul 28, 2014
Sarah Palin’s online video service starring herself had a hugely successful launch on Monday, as millions of Americans paid $9.95 for the rare opportunity of hearing the former Alaska Governor speak.

The Web site for The Sarah Palin Channel reportedly crashed several times during the day, as it was overwhelmed by subscribers seeking a once-in-a-lifetime glimpse of the reclusive Palin sharing her opinions.

At the corporate headquarters of the Palin Channel, the marketing director Tracy Klugian attributed the site’s mammoth success to “the simple law of supply and demand.”

“The Governor is a very private person who chooses her words very, very carefully,” Klugian said.“When someone like that finally decides to speak out, millions of people will pay to hear what she has to say.”

Harland Dorrinson, aged sixty-two, of Flint, Michigan, was just one of the millions of Americans who jammed Governor Palin’s channel on Monday, only to find that the site had frozen under the weight of traffic.“I’ll keep refreshing the page until I finally get through,” he said.“Hearing Sarah Palin talk isn’t something that happens every day.”

Media experts said Monday that the stunning launch of Palin’s Web site bodes well for the upcoming video channel from another rarely seen personality, Donald Trump.

Location hidden

#233732 Jul 28, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the disaster in Iraq which has spread to the surrounding areas were Bush`s fault. And all the Repubs are acting like female freshmen highschoolers , making fun, jeering, name calling, because Obama hasn't fixed all the fuc(up of the Bush era yet.
They do nothing but make stumbling blocks out of themselves, and then point a finger, "see, he didn't fix it" Hypocrits
Obama hasn't fixed the Bush problems yet?

Well, at least he's working on it.

He fixed Bush's employment problem - there are fewer people employed full-time than when Bush left office.

Obama spent about a trillion dollars of our money fixing that problem, i.e., driving employment lower.

Iraq had a coalition government and was at peace when Bush left office. Obama fixed that problem - failing to leave any residual force to help hold it together.

Russia did not own Crimea when Bush left office. Obama's weakness fixed that.

Health insurance was much less expensive when Bush left office. Obama fixed that.

Bush's last budget deficit was $459 billion.

Obama fixed that. His budget deficits have been, in order,$1.413 trillion,$1.294 trillion,$1.299 trillion,$1.100 trillion, and $680 billion.

When Bush left office, there were 28.2 million people on food stamps.

Obama fixed that. There are now 44.7 million people on food stamps.

When Bush left office, median annual income was $55,204. per year.

Obama fixed that. Median annual income is now $50,678, down 8.2%.

You are probably right. Obama just needs more time.

At least we get to keep our doctors and our health plans if we like them.
Patrick

United States

#233733 Jul 28, 2014
"Obama hasn't fixed the Bush problems yet?" ..... may take a while with the Great Recession and Bush occupation of Iraq ending in a full pull out of troops signed by Bush

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#233734 Jul 28, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your thoughts on European immigration to the New World, oh enlightened little one? An improvement?
A mixed bag.

Location hidden

#233735 Jul 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have no country without immigration.
History, Dave.
A learning moment.
We would have no country without water.

But we don't want to be drowning at the bottom of a lake.

We now have a country. The self-governing principle of this particular country says the people can decide who enters.

You let people into your house. But you don't want them breaking in.

All your arguments are red herrings and straw men.

Location hidden

#233736 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose fault was the Holocaust?
And how long has it been?
The passage of time does not change the facts.
Oh, yeah, I forgot the Inquisition. Has it been 6 years since the Inquisition?
That's an improper analogy.

The holocaust was a specific historic event. You are comparing it to multiple policy matters with dynamic ramifications both in the past and present, the effectiveness of which are debatable.

Whether Bush committed and was convicted of a historic crime is not the same as assigning blame for present conditions based on this or that policy.

Location hidden

#233737 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
El Paso Intelligence Service?
Faux News?
That's what you've got?
You're too much, Redneck.
Change that: too little.
Change that: nada.
You and Buck should seek refugee status and move away from the U.S.
Maybe to Texas.
The El Paso Intelligence Center is led by DEA and affiliated with Cabinet for Homeland Security.

It collects tactical intelligence which is used by federal law enforcement.

U.S. Department of Justice recommended establishment of this intelligence center on the southwest border.

It is staffed by representatives of DEA, the U.S. Customs Service, and officers from 15 federal agencies.

Sorry if that seems like a "nothing" source to you.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#233738 Jul 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's completely contradictory to what you have claimed up until now. You claimed it was physically infinite, but now you say it can't even have a physical radius because it is infinite.
If the universe is a physical phenomenon, it has a radius.
You are so fixated on infinity, you are willing to claim the universe is not a physical phenomenon.
This, of course, proves I am right - that no physical infinity can exist.
Your latest lame way around this is to say the universe has no radius, which would mean the universe is not a physical phenomenon.
Your thesis can be stated as follows:
1. The universe is a physically infinite phenomenon because,
2. It's radius is not measureable, because
3. It has no radius,
4. Therefore it is not a physical phenomenon,
5.. So it is an infinite physical phenomenon.
Your ideas are absurd, and your mind is jello.
Round and round Buck goes, where ever he stops, his fingers up his nose. lol
I bet I can roll you around like a donut.:)

San Francisco, CA

#233739 Jul 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We would have no country without water.
But we don't want to be drowning at the bottom of a lake.
We now have a country. The self-governing principle of this particular country says the people can decide who enters.
You let people into your house. But you don't want them breaking in.
All your arguments are red herrings and straw men.
That's an improper analogy.

An individual's property is quite different from a nation.

San Francisco, CA

#233740 Jul 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The El Paso Intelligence Center is led by DEA and affiliated with Cabinet for Homeland Security.
It collects tactical intelligence which is used by federal law enforcement.
U.S. Department of Justice recommended establishment of this intelligence center on the southwest border.
It is staffed by representatives of DEA, the U.S. Customs Service, and officers from 15 federal agencies.
Sorry if that seems like a "nothing" source to you.
Will you give me one out of two, then?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#233741 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying tweetybird is an accurate source to find out something other than where a putty tat is? Cause if tweetybird is your source of information about anything but a putty tat, you're gonna get told the source IS relevant.
Well.... Now we know where you've been getting your information from.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#233742 Jul 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama hasn't fixed the Bush problems yet?
Well, at least he's working on it.
He fixed Bush's employment problem - there are fewer people employed full-time than when Bush left office.
Obama spent about a trillion dollars of our money fixing that problem, i.e., driving employment lower.
Iraq had a coalition government and was at peace when Bush left office. Obama fixed that problem - failing to leave any residual force to help hold it together.
Russia did not own Crimea when Bush left office. Obama's weakness fixed that.
Health insurance was much less expensive when Bush left office. Obama fixed that.
Bush's last budget deficit was $459 billion.
Obama fixed that. His budget deficits have been, in order,$1.413 trillion,$1.294 trillion,$1.299 trillion,$1.100 trillion, and $680 billion.
When Bush left office, there were 28.2 million people on food stamps.
Obama fixed that. There are now 44.7 million people on food stamps.
When Bush left office, median annual income was $55,204. per year.
Obama fixed that. Median annual income is now $50,678, down 8.2%.

But you didn't make it, someone else did it for you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#233743 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Will you give me one out of two, then?
Why should he? Fox News reported a story from the El Paso Intelligence Center about a DEA led questioning of 230 illegal immigrants as to why they've come here. You staunchly dismissed the entire point simply because you saw "Fox"....

No soup for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Consequences of Atheism 11 min QUITTNER Apr 18 2015 1,246
News Confessions of a black atheist 20 min par five 275
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,432
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr hpcaban 1,978
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 hr hpcaban 6,723
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 13 hr swerty 22
News Barney Frank Advises Politicians to Stay in the... 22 hr thetruth 13
More from around the web