Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243051 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233161 Jul 20, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How many angles will fit on the head of a pin?
At least 360 of them.
Which angels - 90 degrees; 45 degrees?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#233162 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, man. I am correct.
Seriously, as an attorney, have you ever seen anyone take a case like that of the alleged "infinite universe", tear it apart, dismantle it, and destroy it with more searing force of logic than ole' Buck has done?
If I had gone to law school, I would be a dangerous man.
It troubles me to cause damage to your ego, Buck, but I must be honest with you.

Your argument put this member of the jury panel to sleep a long time ago.

May you someday have the privilege of watching Catcher perform in the courtroom.

But hey, don't worry, you do remain a very dangerous person (let's not be sexist).

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#233163 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I might introduce you to the "Buck YO-YO".
That's where I pull your underwear out the top of your pants, and lift you with one hand, tilting your head over and bouncing you up and down by your shorts with your head banging the floor until your draws rip out.
It's a big hit at parties.
Absolutely amazing! You will say anything just to get some reaction from people! I would love to meet you and discover what makes you tick. I am sure that you lack attention from "loved ones" and you fight so hard to get it; even if it has to be from anonymous people.

You must know by now that I know you are not tough... not at all. I would guess that you run from every encounter.

I really would love to figure out what makes people like you tick! Why did you pick Joe King? Did you know him or just a lucky search? Now that everyone knows that he is in ICU at the hospital, why do you continue to pretend to be him? Why do these others continue to talk to you as if you care about your replies? As if you won't say anything to keep them on the hook?

Please, there is no need to reply to me. I, of course, realize that you will say anything to keep me on the hook as well and I don't need that. I hope that one day I get to read the research done on people like you. Very curious.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#233164 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy. I would have to travel the distance from here to the event horizon.
If it is a physical phenomenon, it has a distance. Whether I can travel that distance, or even know what the distance is, is a different question.
Is that all you have?
Yes it does it's "infinite" .lol

Long Beach, CA

#233165 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't decide corporations are persons.
I read the decision since you brought it up previously.
The ruling is constitutionally correct.
Perhaps you are correct about infinity/noninfinity.

But this I know something about.

And I can tell you, with complete confidence, that you are dead wrong.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233166 Jul 20, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely amazing! You will say anything just to get some reaction from people! I would love to meet you and discover what makes you tick. I am sure that you lack attention from "loved ones" and you fight so hard to get it; even if it has to be from anonymous people.
You must know by now that I know you are not tough... not at all. I would guess that you run from every encounter.
I really would love to figure out what makes people like you tick! Why did you pick Joe King? Did you know him or just a lucky search? Now that everyone knows that he is in ICU at the hospital, why do you continue to pretend to be him? Why do these others continue to talk to you as if you care about your replies? As if you won't say anything to keep them on the hook?
Please, there is no need to reply to me. I, of course, realize that you will say anything to keep me on the hook as well and I don't need that. I hope that one day I get to read the research done on people like you. Very curious.
Did you know it is easier to call in pigs, call in predators, call in dogs, call in deer and elk, and call in idiots by making the right noises than it is to go looking for them?

Smile for the camera. Oops, let's slick that cowlick back first so you at least don't look dumb. er, not saying you are, mind you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#233167 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know it is easier to call in pigs, call in predators, call in dogs, call in deer and elk, and call in idiots by making the right noises than it is to go looking for them?
Smile for the camera. Oops, let's slick that cowlick back first so you at least don't look dumb. er, not saying you are, mind you.
Yes, after one puppet is busted, it is common for the puppeteer to send another puppet to defend!

I am sure that there is not one christian on this forum and that is a shame.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#233168 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Which angels - 90 degrees; 45 degrees?
Yes?

United States

#233169 Jul 20, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, after one puppet is busted, it is common for the puppeteer to send another puppet to defend!
I am sure that there is not one christian on this forum and that is a shame.
Why would there have to be one?

The topic is about atheists having faith in their belief. Totally independent of any religious doctrines.

United States

#233170 Jul 20, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes?
Hmmm...
Is that just the top of the pin head, or does it include the rim and underneath portions?

This can get infinitely complex.

Long Beach, CA

#233171 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would there have to be one?
The topic is about atheists having faith in their belief. Totally independent of any religious doctrines.
The topic of atheism is not totally independent

Religion is also part of the topic title.

A comparison is being made.

I accept your apology.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#233172 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
Is that just the top of the pin head, or does it include the rim and underneath portions?
This can get infinitely complex.
It's not my Angel, dude.

I fuckedthat one up, seriously.

Do you play 9 ball?

Location hidden

#233173 Jul 21, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>

Absolutely amazing!
Thanks, man.

Location hidden

#233174 Jul 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it does it's "infinite" .lol
Sure it is. And I'm a married bachelor.

Location hidden

#233175 Jul 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are correct about infinity/noninfinity.
But this I know something about.
And I can tell you, with complete confidence, that you are dead wrong.
Four of nine justices voted against free-speech in Citizens United.

They are consistent, as they voted against religious freedom in Hobby Lobby.

Those four apparently want to repeal the entirety of the First Amendment. Actually, they have proven they don't recognize the U.S. Constitution at all.

Interestingly, they overturned recent precedent - 2003 McConnell v. FEC, and 1990 Austin v. Chamber of Commerce, proving once again that precedent is important except when it isn't.

Fortunately, 5 justices still recognize the Constitution. They say, rightly, protecting the New York Times Company spending millions of dollars to distribute an election editorial and not protecting Koch Industries doing the same thing is not upholding free speech.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#233176 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been into knotting energy for quite some time. I'm not into magical pre-existing particles going poof like you are.
You are way too focused on Bronze Age myths to approach this matter in anything but an emotional perspective.
It does seem that your abscence has modified your view compared to what you used to say, it seems you have changed your mind about god magic, welcome to the club.

But you still have much to learn and ignorant mockery of what you still fail to comprehend is not going to make it any easier.

#233177 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How does evolution not interfere with that when it says:
"evolution is understood to be the result of an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection."
And the Pope says: "We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution."
How does the Vatican accept both???
They don't.
You're lying. And I nailed you.
Not my problem to bend the ethics adopted by christianity. I cannot speak for the Vatican, I can only provide evidence of that they document, sorry if that upsets you.

#233178 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid. I don't know why I bother to correct you.
Even if expending energy is required to exert power, which it isn't always, the two are still not synonymous. Great power could come from little energy; small power from great energy.
Your contention that power = energy is moronic. You are a moron.
What?

Are you really this stupid? Are you really this clueless as to what energy is? What power is? You need to have a private chat with dave on this one.

Please advise how anything can be exerted without expending energy

Here, what you have nothing else to do while the shower block is off limits try educating yourself
http://www.edinformatics.com/math_science/wor...

#233179 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. They did not accept the evolutionary framework.
Please tell Christine.
You are such a cherry picking dickehead, note Hiding’s statement “They did, however, officially accept evolution.” Which for some unknown reason you chose to completely ignore, could it be because it proves you are a dimwit and lying moron? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

3 popes to 1 archbishop. How they handle the quandary they have set for themselves is not my problem

#233180 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
Wow, you have a big one…
Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 47 min ChristineM 9,191
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Chimney1 19,742
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 5 hr Thinking 17
John 3:16 8 hr superwilly 30
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 10 hr NoahLovesU 6,167
Atheists have morals too! 12 hr Amused 4
News Atheism 101: The anti-intellectualism of religion Jun 28 QUITTNER Jne 28 2015 53
More from around the web