Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#233176 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been into knotting energy for quite some time. I'm not into magical pre-existing particles going poof like you are.
You are way too focused on Bronze Age myths to approach this matter in anything but an emotional perspective.
It does seem that your abscence has modified your view compared to what you used to say, it seems you have changed your mind about god magic, welcome to the club.

But you still have much to learn and ignorant mockery of what you still fail to comprehend is not going to make it any easier.

#233177 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How does evolution not interfere with that when it says:
"evolution is understood to be the result of an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection."
And the Pope says: "We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution."
How does the Vatican accept both???
They don't.
You're lying. And I nailed you.
Not my problem to bend the ethics adopted by christianity. I cannot speak for the Vatican, I can only provide evidence of that they document, sorry if that upsets you.

#233178 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid. I don't know why I bother to correct you.
Even if expending energy is required to exert power, which it isn't always, the two are still not synonymous. Great power could come from little energy; small power from great energy.
Your contention that power = energy is moronic. You are a moron.
What?

Are you really this stupid? Are you really this clueless as to what energy is? What power is? You need to have a private chat with dave on this one.

Please advise how anything can be exerted without expending energy

Here, what you have nothing else to do while the shower block is off limits try educating yourself
http://www.edinformatics.com/math_science/wor...

#233179 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. They did not accept the evolutionary framework.
Please tell Christine.
You are such a cherry picking dickehead, note Hiding’s statement “They did, however, officially accept evolution.” Which for some unknown reason you chose to completely ignore, could it be because it proves you are a dimwit and lying moron? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

3 popes to 1 archbishop. How they handle the quandary they have set for themselves is not my problem

#233180 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
Wow, you have a big one…
Cheers

#233181 Jul 21, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Chris , likes girls ...she looks at our mutated clitorises ..and , by golly they are 'big'..
http://dinmerican.files.wordpress.com/2013/11...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233182 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Are you really this stupid? Are you really this clueless as to what energy is? What power is? You need to have a private chat with dave on this one.
Please advise how anything can be exerted without expending energy
Here, what you have nothing else to do while the shower block is off limits try educating yourself
http://www.edinformatics.com/math_science/wor...
That's not what you said.

Your claim is that power = energy. Your calculation is quantitative - that a quantity of power = a quantity of energy, thus an equation involving "energy" applies in duplicate fashion to "power".

But that's not your biggest error. You take a quantitative science term, a specific NOUN and apply it to the term "all powerful", which is an ADJECTIVE, non-specific, and means:

"sovereign, supreme, transcendent; authoritative, chief, majestic, masterful; mighty, etc."

How does something that "transcends" become subject to your definition of one element of the universe - energy?

That is moronic. And you are a moron.

How can "power" be exerted without expending energy?

1. Mutually assured destruction - having nuclear weapons held Soviet agression in check without firing a shot.

2. Laws detering violence or theft.

3. A protective order on a piece of paper influencing whom a person contacts.

4. A hitter's power to pull a pitch causing a pitcher to throw low and outside, before the hitter takes a swing.

5. A "Protected By Smith and Wesson" sign hanging in a store window causing robbers to choose alternative sites.

The list is unending.

To reiterate, you are a moron.

Location hidden

#233183 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a cherry picking dickehead, note Hiding’s statement “They did, however, officially accept evolution.” Which for some unknown reason you chose to completely ignore, could it be because it proves you are a dimwit and lying moron? That’s the only explanation I can think of.
3 popes to 1 archbishop. How they handle the quandary they have set for themselves is not my problem
No, they have no problem. They are clear they do not accept Darwinist theory.

You said they do.

They are clear. You lie.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233184 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem that your abscence has modified your view compared to what you used to say, it seems you have changed your mind about god magic, welcome to the club.
But you still have much to learn and ignorant mockery of what you still fail to comprehend is not going to make it any easier.
Amusing. I haven't changed anything. It must be your perceptions that have. Perhaps you forgot those lengthy discourses I made about space in motion creating spinning bubbles called matter, vortexes, and etc. And notably, how magical particles don't go poof all by themselves. Oh, the seed thingy, too.

United States

#233185 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim is that power = energy. Your calculation is quantitative - that a quantity of power = a quantity of energy, thus an equation involving "energy" applies in duplicate fashion to "power".
But that's not your biggest error. You take a quantitative science term, a specific NOUN and apply it to the term "all powerful", which is an ADJECTIVE, non-specific, and means:
"sovereign, supreme, transcendent; authoritative, chief, majestic, masterful; mighty, etc."
How does something that "transcends" become subject to your definition of one element of the universe - energy?
1. Mutually assured destruction - having nuclear weapons held Soviet agression in check without firing a shot.
4. A hitter's power to pull a pitch causing a pitcher to throw low and outside, before the hitter takes a swing.
5. A "Protected By Smith and Wesson" sign hanging in a store window causing robbers to choose alternative sites.
The list is unending.
But her brain case probably makes a great looking ass.

Don't forget not telling an enemy a train is about to hit them.

#233186 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The list is unending.
That is exactly what I said, just because you are incapable of understanding it is not my problem

I did not write the babble. Again, not my problem if some bod 2000 years ago had no clues about what he was actually writing and the implications of those words.

Do you have any evidence of transcendence?– no – so your guesswork is just that, guesswork. But I am amenable to facts so when you are able to provide any facts then come back and try again

Are you really this ignorant of what energy actually is? Sunlight is one form of energy that is essential to life on this planet. Without it this earth would be a barren ball of rock, trees, humans and/or any other life, machinery movement, wind, even you denying that energy is energy requires energy.

1/ Are you now claiming that nuclear weapons do not require energy? Or even the threat of nuclear weapons? Are you claiming that the intelligence that created those weapons did not require energy to develop, that the forges and machinery required to manufacture those weapons worked by god magic alone, no energy required?

2/ Energy was required to consider those laws, compile them, publish them and even lock you away when you ignored them and it required in heating and light and food whiloe you are incarcerated fro ignoring them.

3/ How did that order magic it’s way on to that paper? Energy was required, and of course energy is required to read and understand it

4 Life and though requires energy, maybe yours doesn’t but the rest of life this is a fact

5 How was the sign printed, how was it hung, and of course energy is required to read it and process the information it contains

When you have discovered that actual meaning of energy then come back and try extending your list.

#233187 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they have no problem. They are clear they do not accept Darwinist theory.
You said they do.
They are clear. You lie.
Who cares what lies you make up about me, they are simply lies.

You were the one moaning about Darwinism, not me, I simply provided evidence that three popes had accepted evolution and published documented to validate that belief

#233188 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing. I haven't changed anything. It must be your perceptions that have. Perhaps you forgot those lengthy discourses I made about space in motion creating spinning bubbles called matter, vortexes, and etc. And notably, how magical particles don't go poof all by themselves. Oh, the seed thingy, too.
How could I forget, some of it even made since but are you saying god dunitwiv magic or not?

#233189 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the worn out old ugly a$$ you display as your avatar

United States

#233190 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I forget, some of it even made since but are you saying god dunitwiv magic or not?
No magic. But it will appear so to the product of that imagination. It is also a product that was not necessarily designed to accomplish what we could consider to perform in a preprogrammed way. Lots of ad lib in the action/reaction established by the mechanism. But it does reserve the right to make adjustments it deems necessary.

You are in an interactive picture show.

Location hidden

#233191 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I said, just because you are incapable of understanding it is not my problem
I did not write the babble. Again, not my problem if some bod 2000 years ago had no clues about what he was actually writing and the implications of those words.
Do you have any evidence of transcendence?– no – so your guesswork is just that, guesswork. But I am amenable to facts so when you are able to provide any facts then come back and try again
Are you really this ignorant of what energy actually is? Sunlight is one form of energy that is essential to life on this planet. Without it this earth would be a barren ball of rock, trees, humans and/or any other life, machinery movement, wind, even you denying that energy is energy requires energy.
1/ Are you now claiming that nuclear weapons do not require energy? Or even the threat of nuclear weapons? Are you claiming that the intelligence that created those weapons did not require energy to develop, that the forges and machinery required to manufacture those weapons worked by god magic alone, no energy required?
2/ Energy was required to consider those laws, compile them, publish them and even lock you away when you ignored them and it required in heating and light and food whiloe you are incarcerated fro ignoring them.
3/ How did that order magic it’s way on to that paper? Energy was required, and of course energy is required to read and understand it
4 Life and though requires energy, maybe yours doesn’t but the rest of life this is a fact
5 How was the sign printed, how was it hung, and of course energy is required to read it and process the information it contains
When you have discovered that actual meaning of energy then come back and try extending your list.
Your comparison was between energy and a biblical concept.

You chose the context - not me. Then you lift the term from the context, try to insert it into a context of scientific quantity, which is one of the dumbest assertions I have ever seen from a person more than 3 years old.

The sign, the law, I referred to exert power AFTER printed and hung, while no energy is being expended.

You are a laughingstock.

United States

#233192 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the worn out old ugly a$$ you display as your avatar
:-)

Your turn is coming, pumpkin. Gravity is gonna get your ass.

Location hidden

#233193 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what lies you make up about me, they are simply lies.
You were the one moaning about Darwinism, not me, I simply provided evidence that three popes had accepted evolution and published documented to validate that belief
No, you argued extensively that they accepted full Darwinist theory.

You lied.

These things happen because you Darwinists take advantage of the squishy and elastic term "evolution".

You use it interchangeably as 10 to 15 different meanings.

Location hidden

#233194 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, Dave.

Did you catch the genesis of this discussion?

Christine uses e=mc^2 to prove non-existence of God, since God is "all-powerful".

Taking a conceptual, metaphysical term and applying it to a physical quantity.

It's dumb - and not unlike the insistence on the universe having "infinite distance".

I admit I have not pinned down the reason atheists do exercise this fallacy in such consistent fashion.

Is it a need to prove they know "all there is"?

Don't know. Maybe you have some ideas.

#233195 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comparison was between energy and a biblical concept.
You chose the context - not me. Then you lift the term from the context, try to insert it into a context of scientific quantity, which is one of the dumbest assertions I have ever seen from a person more than 3 years old.
The sign, the law, I referred to exert power AFTER printed and hung, while no energy is being expended.
You are a laughingstock.
Why are you using your own limited thoughts to convince yourself that my thought process is like yours? The restrictions you impose do not matter. Power whether the energy used in real life or the energy claimed in the babble is still energy.

You made no such allusion and limiting it to just the fraction of existence that suites your particular delusion is you problem, the hanging sign exerts energy on its fastening just to overcome gravity and hang there. The law needs to be written and read, it really does not matter that the document sits in a draw in between.

You are such a dumb moron I really do not know how you have survived as long as you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr IB DaMann 75,173
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 hr Eagle 12 - 169
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Nemesis 32,051
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Nemesis 4,068
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 12 hr Subduction Zone 6,096
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web