Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233011 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahah
You explained NOTHING, just hand waived, and spouted nonsense.
But this has nothing to do with your em universe, where you say light from the sun is em therefore em us more important.
But you are forgetting......
Without the strong nuclear force there would be no atoms the sun is made of.
Without the weak force there would be no fission to create the interaction that make the em emission of light and the rest of the spectrum.
Lastly without gravity there would be no sun at all.
So you have to look at them all as a sort of team and the electromagnetic force, is only one of the four that create everything in the sun and under it.:)
(Yawn)

So what does it cost you to have someone change a tire for you?
You are obviously weak on figuring out how to do such things. Or lazier than hell. Or both.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#233012 Jul 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
(Yawn)
So what does it cost you to have someone change a tire for you?
You are obviously weak on figuring out how to do such things. Or lazier than hell. Or both.
You idiot, amongst other things I build engines.
In fact the people that know me know as the man that can do anything.
Seriously.

United States

#233013 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You idiot, amongst other things I build engines.
In fact the people that know me know as the man that can do anything.
Seriously.
Monkeys can put engines together. It is knowing how the components are linked, and the why, that makes the difference. You seem weak on linkage.

Your atomic structures follow the same laws as those mechanical parts do when it comes to motion and putting things into action. No magic. You get lost in esoterica.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233015 Jul 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Monkeys can put engines together. It is knowing how the components are linked, and the why, that makes the difference. You seem weak on linkage.
Your atomic structures follow the same laws as those mechanical parts do when it comes to motion and putting things into action. No magic. You get lost in esoterica.
Projecting lying topix troll, without a doubt you are without a clue.

United States

#233016 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting lying topix troll, without a doubt you are without a clue.
Back in my day, when men were men and women were women you had to figure things out from scratch. Pencil and paper and brain power. Nowadays you young whippersnappers access preset blocks of instructions and think you "know" something. "Experts" by programming. Makes a grown man want to puke.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233017 Jul 19, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Buck Crick, Joe King, or whatever you would like to call yourself these days.
I see that this is old news. It aint necessarily so, knew about you 3 years ago.
Which hospital/jail are you in now? I will send you a get well/get out of jail free card.
I am on home incarceration. The jail no longer offered me anything as an institution.

I appreciate the thought, but I prefer you send cash.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233018 Jul 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah do you ever post anything, that is not some sort of bs projection of your highly overrated Dunning Kruger abilities?

Location hidden

#233019 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
14.3 billion parsecs
46.618 billion ly
This is from observation, using the advanced telescopes we have today.
So Buck or Dave...., since you think all things are quantifiable , give me the distance and travel time it will take to cross the cosmological event horizon. Remember you have to go by the rules of general relativity and you can't make shit up.
14.3Gpc or an estimated 46.618 billion ly away, to where the galaxies are receding faster than light.
We will assume you can travel @ or near c, even though in reality you will be at best able to go 150,000 mph. Remember you have to cross the event horizon.
We can make it even easier for you , tell us the distance and travel time, it will take you to cross the event horizon alone. from 5,878,000,000,000 miles or 1 ly from the 14.3Gpc where the galaxies are receding faster than light.
You are too stupid to realize that not being able to tell you a distance or travel time DOES NOT mean that it is infinite.

If the distance is infinite, each part of it would be infinite.

Then it would be an infinite distance to go across the street.

Fact: The speed of the receding event horizon is a finite distance per unit of time.

Question: Adding finite distances at a finite rate becomes infinite when?

Answer: It doesn't. Because it cannot.

Repeating for your dull wits:

ADDING FINITE DISTANCES CANNOT BECOME INFINITE DISTANCE

CALLING AN INDETERMINATE DISTANCE 'INFINITE' DOES NOT MAKE IT INFINITE

YOU ARE A MORON

Location hidden

#233020 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>

... tell us the distance and travel time, it will take you to cross the event horizon alone. from 5,878,000,000,000 miles or 1 ly from the 14.3Gpc where the galaxies are receding faster than light.

Tell me the time it would take you crawling on your hands and knees to pass a Porche 911 Twin Turbo with an unlimited fuel supply.

I just proved to you a Porshe has traveled an infinite distance. I wonder if the driver is tired?

Your logic is so useful.

Location hidden

#233021 Jul 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my view of what a god is: A theoretical concept, with no application to the physical world.
And to me, the physical world is all there is.
THAT, you can call a belief.
"the physical world is all there is"

Yes, that is a belief.

Before shipbuilding, a spot of land and an ocean was "all there is".

Location hidden

#233022 Jul 19, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that they claimed to - and then they added that little bit on top! Bad them :(
No, they did not. They accepted that evolution has occurred. They never accepted the framework of Darwinism, and they never said they did.

In fact, they said they did not.

Location hidden

#233023 Jul 19, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually don't reply to individuals that I have summarily dismissed due to complete lack of interest.
I will bend my rule this time...
Nigerian atheist 'ruled mentally ill'!
Film at 11
Apparently he has no desire to rape 13 year old girls, dress his wife in burqas or blow himself up.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly"
That way everyone in the country can get shit faced drinking responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink responsibly"
With any luck at all it will piss off the government as well.
Thanks for the response, though it was completely unresponsive.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233024 Jul 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too stupid to realize that not being able to tell you a distance or travel time DOES NOT mean that it is infinite.
If the distance is infinite, each part of it would be infinite.
Then it would be an infinite distance to go across the street.
Fact: The speed of the receding event horizon is a finite distance per unit of time.
Question: Adding finite distances at a finite rate becomes infinite when?
Answer: It doesn't. Because it cannot.
Repeating for your dull wits:
ADDING FINITE DISTANCES CANNOT BECOME INFINITE DISTANCE
CALLING AN INDETERMINATE DISTANCE 'INFINITE' DOES NOT MAKE IT INFINITE
YOU ARE A MORON
No you're the moron, I've made it very clear the distance to cross the cosmological event horizon is infinite. But you can never cross it, exactly for the reason you are saying.
But never the less, the horizon physically exists, and you cannot cross it.

Because to do so you will have to travel infinite distance.

United States

#233025 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah do you ever post anything, that is not some sort of bs projection of your highly overrated Dunning Kruger abilities?
My Dunning Kruger failings were in believing everyone else was capable of my mental skills. Took almost a lifetime to realize they weren't. I am entertaining myself with you. Cheap, but all I can afford at this time.

It is obvious your failings in such effect is of the other sort. As in projecting you understand esoteric bullshit.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233026 Jul 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the time it would take you crawling on your hands and knees to pass a Porche 911 Twin Turbo with an unlimited fuel supply.
I just proved to you a Porshe has traveled an infinite distance. I wonder if the driver is tired?
Your logic is so useful.
Ok there is no infinite fuel supply, secondly this is a scenario that can be done.
Since all the parts of this scenario exist together and are causally connected.
There are several ways this could be done. One involves disabling the Porsche, another involves
crawling in the back if a faster car.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233027 Jul 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dunning Kruger failings were in believing everyone else was capable of my mental skills. Took almost a lifetime to realize they weren't. I am entertaining myself with you. Cheap, but all I can afford at this time.
It is obvious your failings in such effect is of the other sort. As in projecting you understand esoteric bullshit.
Esoteric? You idiot, I'm talking about astrophysics and cosmology, these are far from esoteric. They are the bastion of human knowledge. They are not beliefs, rather they are the knowledge of the universe and the physical reality. But then again I guess you would think school is where you learn some religious rites or hidden knowledge.

Location hidden

#233028 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're the moron, I've made it very clear the distance to cross the cosmological event horizon is infinite. But you can never cross it, exactly for the reason you are saying.
But never the less, the horizon physically exists, and you cannot cross it.
Because to do so you will have to travel infinite distance.
What was the distance to the event horizon immediately before the distance expanded to infinite distance?

If the event horizon physically exists, what is the largest finite measurement of its distance?

The extended distance =(rate of expansion) X (elapsed time).

Therefore, tell us two numbers that when multiplied gives the product "infinity".

If the expansion is accelerating, then the distance =(average rate of expansion) X (elapsed time).

Again, tell us what two numbers when multiplied gives the product "infinity".

Location hidden

#233029 Jul 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok there is no infinite fuel supply, secondly this is a scenario that can be done.
Since all the parts of this scenario exist together and are causally connected.
There are several ways this could be done. One involves disabling the Porsche, another involves
crawling in the back if a faster car.
Horse shit. You are evading the point.

The point is that just because an entitity is receding faster than you can catch up to, it in now way means an infinite distance is traveled, or ever will be.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233030 Jul 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the distance to the event horizon immediately before the distance expanded to infinite distance?
If the event horizon physically exists, what is the largest finite measurement of its distance?
The extended distance =(rate of expansion) X (elapsed time).
Therefore, tell us two numbers that when multiplied gives the product "infinity".
If the expansion is accelerating, then the distance =(average rate of expansion) X (elapsed time).
Again, tell us what two numbers when multiplied gives the product "infinity".
There is no quantifiable estimate, because every position in the universe appears to the origin point. You can travel to the distance it (the cosmological event horizon) appears from here,
only to see the same thing you see here, because it is a co-moving distance , it appears on the horizon 14.3Gpc away from every position in the universe.

Some say...well it maybe 250 times what we see, while others think.
what we can see is like the milky way amongst all the other galaxies.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233031 Jul 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse shit. You are evading the point.
The point is that just because an entitity is receding faster than you can catch up to, it in now way means an infinite distance is traveled, or ever will be.
It's infinite until it stops, for the simple reason it cannot be traversed by infinite travel or measured by calculating. You would have to calculate for infinite time and never have the dimensions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 18,545
News Why I quit atheism 2 hr Eagle 12 708
Good arguments against Christianity 4 hr superwilly 209
A Universe from Nothing? 6 hr Mikko 533
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Into The Night 43,197
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 11 hr Thinking 5,696
Atheism is a mental illness 11 hr Eagle 12 11
More from around the web