Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255322 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231834 Jul 5, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate a fictional character? I don't waste my time hating, let alone hating make believe characters.
Where do these traditions come from? The Romans?
nah man , nah ..the "traditions" come from the Jews themselves and the early church fathers ..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231835 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How terrible!
Isn't it lucky that some lovely European Xians came to abuse them further? The Spaniards with their Inquisition, then the English with their smallpox. Oh, then they took their lands.\
At least they gave them Xian morals, must be worth something.
:-/
Wow, there were no atheists back then...

Now, every tribe has Christian organizations voluntarily working in them year after year.

And where are the atheists?

Smirk.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#231836 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>hmm..I just assumed the Bible was here to help us understand the supernatural , not really to help us pass high school .
You know what they say about assume.

If slavery isn't wrong then nothing is wrong. Your book is filled with slavery and how to treat slaves - case closed.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231837 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
If slavery isn't wrong then nothing is wrong. Your book is filled with slavery and how to treat slaves - case closed.
Slavery is the consequence of failing to maintain personal responsibility. That is why there is more slavery and tyranny today than ever before.

Las Vegas, NV

#231838 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
My book is filled with human history , sorry if that offends you ..

And , BTW oh great bleeding heart of modernity , slavery is alive and well and just as popular .

( although , you don't really care ..do you )

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#231839 Jul 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no atheists back then?
What were they doing?
Homosexuality is not a sin, it is a sexual birth defect.
A dyke is one step from being transgendered, and a lesbian attracted to a dyke is one step from being heterosexual. This exposes a spectrum of sexual orientation aberration in LGBTs.
However, the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex IS a sin. It is a violation of nature and should be a violation of law.
Reinstate sodomy laws? Dream on...

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#231840 Jul 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, there were no atheists back then...
Now, every tribe has Christian organizations voluntarily working in them year after year.
And where are the atheists?
Smirk.
Wonderful! I'm sure they'd prefer their land and culture back.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#231841 Jul 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no atheists back then?
What were they doing?
Homosexuality is not a sin, it is a sexual birth defect.
A dyke is one step from being transgendered, and a lesbian attracted to a dyke is one step from being heterosexual. This exposes a spectrum of sexual orientation aberration in LGBTs.
However, the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex IS a sin. It is a violation of nature and should be a violation of law.
<quoted text>
Only a blonde would believe silly stupid can even masquerade as intelligence.
My brother-in-laws' father died taking a volunteer crew of men up to Alaska to work in remote Indian settlements. There were NO atheists doing any such thing. This happens in every Indian tribe, every year.
Leaves 'rational atheist' oxymorons like you stuck on stupid, doesn't it?
Smirk smile.
Another blonde Oriental? Very good, Bucket of Rocks.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#231842 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>nah man , nah ..the "traditions" come from the Jews themselves and the early church fathers ..
Such as?
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#231843 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>My book is filled with human history , sorry if that offends you ..
And , BTW oh great bleeding heart of modernity , slavery is alive and well and just as popular .
( although , you don't really care ..do you )
Yes your book is filled with history and a very horrendous history it is.

I don't care about superstition and religion is nothing but superstition so you are correct - I don't care.

The Bible is an imperfect book containing flaws of human origin and due to the overwhelming amount of scientific errors the book possesses, you should take comfort in deciding that there was no divine inspiration or intervention rather human imagination.

Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body.--Deuteronomy 28:18

Whatever your book teaches you it isn't for me and it isn't for any rational human being.

I don't think it's possible to raise a family in heaven is it? Can I share the 72 virgins with the Islam martyrs that are already there? Can I marry for the first time in heaven?
Is there a really good Kosher deli available?

Las Vegas, NV

#231844 Jul 5, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
ha ha ..touche'

but , as you wrote earlier 'child brides'..Mary was probably all of 15 .

We can't do that anymore ..

Las Vegas, NV

#231845 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Uganda and Mother Russia ..( sorry , that was unkind )

Las Vegas, NV

#231846 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Another blonde Oriental? Very good, Bucket of Rocks.
..I don't know what his deal is with blondes ...the Germans themselves are blonde , and they pretty much rolled Europe over and had their way with it ..TWICE ..!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#231847 Jul 5, 2014
How can a 33 year old man, leave his two year old in a hot car while he sat in air conditioning office sexting 16 year olds?

The case in Georgia enrages me. This is what happens when people don’t have a moral compass and do whatever they want.

There’s no fear of God and no fear of judgment. I hope Georgians do the right thing to this narcissistic accused murder.

Las Vegas, NV

#231848 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes your book is filled with history and a very horrendous history it is.
I don't care about superstition and religion is nothing but superstition so you are correct - I don't care.
The Bible is an imperfect book containing flaws of human origin and due to the overwhelming amount of scientific errors the book possesses, you should take comfort in deciding that there was no divine inspiration or intervention rather human imagination.
Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body.--Deuteronomy 28:18
Whatever your book teaches you it isn't for me and it isn't for any rational human being.
I don't think it's possible to raise a family in heaven is it? Can I share the 72 virgins with the Islam martyrs that are already there? Can I marry for the first time in heaven?
Is there a really good Kosher deli available?
This actually adds credibility to the Bible and God ..how else could a mere myth raise such ire in the likes of you ...

and item 2 , you claim the Bible is horrendous ..Are you claiming that there is right and wrong , and we humans do know the difference ..?

Why , would you make such a bold statement , if morality was not in fact objective , rather than subjective ...Hmmm..

You can not assert something is evil , and in the same breath evil does not exist ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231849 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful! I'm sure they'd prefer their land and culture back.
I don't know , they must've been bouncing around like bunny rabbits , the first time they were given European made rifles ....

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#231850 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Uganda and Mother Russia ..( sorry , that was unkind )
Ah hell, they do that right here in topix.

Las Vegas, NV

#231851 Jul 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
How can a 33 year old man, leave his two year old in a hot car while he sat in air conditioning office sexting 16 year olds?
The case in Georgia enrages me. This is what happens when people don’t have a moral compass and do whatever they want.
There’s no fear of God and no fear of judgment. I hope Georgians do the right thing to this narcissistic accused murder.
...Hey , He ..WANTED...out of his marriage ..!!

( and , contrary to popular belief , not all babies are cute .)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#231852 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Uganda and Mother Russia ..( sorry , that was unkind )
I was talking about CIVILIZED countries.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#231853 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>ha ha ..touche'
but , as you wrote earlier 'child brides'..Mary was probably all of 15 .
We can't do that anymore ..
What do you follow then?

Mary may have been any age. I don't think there is any age limit set by your god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 33 min Rach 9,745
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Chimney1 31,454
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 2 hr kuda 135
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 13,447
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 4 hr woodtick57 51,173
Majority of Scots now have no religion 5 hr Patrick 18
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 7 hr Patrick 5
More from around the web