Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231388 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No I didn't. I described the petty misplaced anger of an incompetent leader.
A fallacy of your own thinking is that your bible says Adam and Eve weren't allowed to comprehend goodness before partaking of the tree of knowledge. Again, entrapment.
Why aren't you thinking?
<quoted text>
1. You claimed a perfect creation would never fail. I exposed the fallacy of that claim.

2. You are confusing the innocence of Adam and Eve with the awareness of evil. "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

Moreover, you are deliberately ignoring the influence of an outside force because you want to condemn God. A rational and unbiased person would be condemning Satan. Instead, you SIDE with Satan!

You expose your depravity once again.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231389 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Moreover, you are deliberately ignoring the influence of an outside force because you want to condemn God. A rational and unbiased person would be condemning Satan.
Wait...how can you call "satan" an outside force in your mythology? Didn't your mythologies' creator create satan?

Are you now claiming that your mythology's creator is not perfect?

That's cool. If you want to believe that your creator is not perfect, then a lot of logical fallacies get cleared up - like the problem of evil, why there is malaria, etc.
Instead, you SIDE with Satan!
You expose your depravity once again.
Uh...so you don't want a rational discussion but one where you accuse people who question your religion of siding with...what I can only assume is the bad deity in your religion?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231390 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we talking about the 50 million babies killed in our nation the last few years?
Do you REALLY think you have room to say anything???
God, on the other hand, eradicated a culture for exactly that kind of behavior...
If you believe that your deity is perfect, then your deity destroyed those fetuses - at the beginning of time, when you believe your deity created reality (and decided every single outcome from that time forward).

If you don't believe your deity is perfect, then you don't have to blame it for the death of anything, let alone fetuses.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#231391 Jun 29, 2014
jaymoo wrote:
My own religion, even the fact that I have one or not, is irrelevant.
But I have complete faith that this thread will run and run.
Correct thus far. ho diddly hum.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231392 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being funny, right? Surely you're not that ignorant?
Genesis preceded science by thousands of years, describing the Big Bang right off the bat.
It notes that life began from the earth and was initially genderless.
How did a fiction book get core elements of creation so right?
Smile.
Genesis does not describe the Big Bang. Holy cow...if you believe that you probably don't know what "anachronistic" means.

Your mythology does not describe biology even slightly correct. You are projecting onto your translation of ancient Hebrew to pretend that your mythology jives with science.

It doesn't. I'm utterly shocked that an adult can believe that. Seriously shocked - did you advance in education beyond high school?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231393 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Wrong - as usual.
See Genesis 1:19-22
Slime.
<quoted text>
You know what baffles me, Thinking? Kimare, or whatever her name is, doesn't seem to know what "gender means." She seems to think it means "sex" as in male-female.

She would probably be surprised to hear that, almost as soon as multicellular life started, the sexes differentiated.

Woohooo, sex!

Don't tell her. She wouldn't like that.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#231395 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what baffles me, Thinking? Kimare, or whatever her name is, doesn't seem to know what "gender means." She seems to think it means "sex" as in male-female.
She would probably be surprised to hear that, almost as soon as multicellular life started, the sexes differentiated.
Woohooo, sex!
It claims to be a hermaphrodite and human chimera, one that is totally against transgender and gay relationships. I think it's the only person who can claim to be a hermaphrodite and condemn gay people in the same paragraph. Another words a LYING pos TROLL!
Thinking

Honiton, UK

#231396 Jun 29, 2014
Since around half of fertilised eggs just don't make it, your god is by far the biggest abortionist of all. But you're OK with that.

Which might explain why you commend a bible that says he drowned every baby not on the ark.

Why aren't you thinking?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we talking about the 50 million babies killed in our nation the last few years?
Do you REALLY think you have room to say anything???
God, on the other hand, eradicated a culture for exactly that kind of behavior...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231397 Jun 29, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand the Bible well, boy, like most Christians. The baptism of fire means the baptism (immersion) in the lake of fire.
.Well , Dad I made a mistake ...I should have wrote baptism of blood ..not..fire .

Las Vegas, NV

#231398 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait...how can you call "satan" an outside force in your mythology? Didn't your mythologies' creator create satan?
That's cool. If you want to believe that your creator is not perfect, then a lot of logical fallacies get cleared up - like the problem of evil, why there is malaria, etc.
<quoted text>
Uh...so you don't want a rational discussion but one where you accuse people who question your religion of siding with...what I can only assume is the bad deity in your religion?
...Yep , " Kilmare'a" is correct , we Christians did not invent the Devil ...every culture , since the dawn of man , believed in a evil spirit ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231399 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
When is your god going to stop punishing babies yet unborn for the Adam and Eve entrapment?
Your god is evil.
<quoted text>
...Good question ...I can't actually answer ..

We , just believe God will do right , with those unfortunate enough to have died without receiving the sacrament .

Las Vegas, NV

#231400 Jun 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It claims to be a hermaphrodite and human chimera, one that is totally against transgender and gay relationships. I think it's the only person who can claim to be a hermaphrodite and condemn gay people in the same paragraph. Another words a LYING pos TROLL!
..He never condemns gay people ..He condemns immoral relations ...

straight people go to Hell too .

Las Vegas, NV

#231401 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Woohooo, sex!
There is " no " divide betwixt our bodies and ourselves ..

Some , claim I have a male/female body ..but , I am female/male ..this " body " is not me ..

break their nose ...and , they will expound ..." Why , did you hurt ** ME **..? " ...never ..Why , did you damage my property ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#231402 Jun 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume the universe required a cause, but understanding the singularity requires you to understand it does not require a temporal dimension to exist.
Quite simply Einstein solved this riddle with general relativity, as space/time was created in the initial expansion of the universe. The singularity does not require time, but the big bang unleashed it. In human terms we require time and it is hard to imagine something that does not require it. But there is a set of conditions where a thing can exist where the arrow of time does not exist. See def no. 5.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/singul...
You ..you...I expected a "youtube" lecture on how could , the Universe create itself ..

this link is just a definition of a word ..

Singularity , means nothing ...I merely ask where did matter ( and time ) energy AND consciousness originate ..from ...you Heathens seem to assert , It was magic ...

so much for your much vaulted logic ..you have none ..

Location hidden

#231403 Jun 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Yep , " Kilmare'a" is correct , we Christians did not invent the Devil ...every culture , since the dawn of man , believed in a evil spirit ...

Location hidden

#231404 Jun 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You ..you...I expected a "youtube" lecture on how could , the Universe create itself ..
this link is just a definition of a word ..
Singularity , means nothing ...I merely ask where did matter ( and time ) energy AND consciousness originate ..from ...you Heathens seem to assert , It was magic ...
so much for your much vaulted logic ..you have none ..
"Singularity , means nothing" ..You say, But "I", assure you it does.
You have no recourse to the "actual" definition of things.
Though you brazenly inventors of alternate reality, would use every chance, to have us believe your lies.

Location hidden

#231405 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are we back to robots again?

Humans create robots.

God creates life. Humans and angels.

Smile.

Location hidden

#231406 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that your deity is perfect, then your deity destroyed those fetuses - at the beginning of time, when you believe your deity created reality (and decided every single outcome from that time forward).
If you don't believe your deity is perfect, then you don't have to blame it for the death of anything, let alone fetuses.

Knowing an outcome and deciding an outcome are two distinct things.

YOU are responsible for the abortion you chose.

Location hidden

#231407 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being funny, right? Surely you're not that ignorant?
Genesis preceded science by thousands of years, describing the Big Bang right off the bat.
It notes that life began from the earth and was initially genderless.
How did a fiction book get core elements of creation so right?
Smile.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis does not describe the Big Bang. Holy cow...if you believe that you probably don't know what "anachronistic" means.
Your mythology does not describe biology even slightly correct. You are projecting onto your translation of ancient Hebrew to pretend that your mythology jives with science.
It doesn't. I'm utterly shocked that an adult can believe that. Seriously shocked - did you advance in education beyond high school?
In the 60's I debated an atheist about the universe having a beginning point. He specifically used the mocking term (at that time),'The big bang'.

Genesis 1:1 (GW) In the beginning God created heaven and earth.

Perhaps you need to read the passage closer?

I'd suggest you read Proverbs 8:22-31, another passage about creation.

Good talking to you again...

Smile.

Location hidden

#231408 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Since around half of fertilised eggs just don't make it, your god is by far the biggest abortionist of all. But you're OK with that.
Which might explain why you commend a bible that says he drowned every baby not on the ark.
Why aren't you thinking?
<quoted text>
You are equating fertilised eggs with formed humans?

As if that excused abortion?

Did you know that the Bible describes earth life as a flash in the span of eternity? A moments choice that sets eternity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min One way or another 16,655
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr pearl 4,769
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 1 hr insaankhan 3,030
The Consequences of Atheism 7 hr Uncle Sam 718
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 20 hr Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? 23 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... Fri Thinking 1
More from around the web