Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more
Thinking

Honiton, UK

#231413 Jun 29, 2014
your ^
Thinking

Honiton, UK

#231415 Jun 29, 2014
I don't much care for the Fleecebook.

Just forward, "It's bollocks". Thank you.
Tangerine Orange Key Code wrote:
Share your views on faith with others on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/debatefaith
Debate Faith is a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, which aims to provide a civil, informative, respectful and welcoming environment where people of different beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231416 Jun 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Yep , " Kilmare'a" is correct , we Christians did not invent the Devil ...every culture , since the dawn of man , believed in a evil spirit ...
That's simply not true. Lots of cultures do not have evil spirits to believe in. The Yanomami don't. What you would recognize as evil for them would be sorcery, cast by other humans. No bad spirit like the one in your mythology.

All you are doing here is projecting your belief system onto others.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231417 Jun 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>There is " no " divide betwixt our bodies and ourselves ..
Some , claim I have a male/female body ..but , I am female/male ..this " body " is not me ..
break their nose ...and , they will expound ..." Why , did you hurt ** ME **..? " ...never ..Why , did you damage my property ...?
Gender is not sex. Gender is what culture attaches to sex. Gender is done differently in different cultures. Native American cultures had three and sometimes four genders.

The one your from only has 2. And your culture separates sexuality from gender. Not all cultures are like that.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231418 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we back to robots again?
Humans create robots.
God creates life. Humans and angels.
Smile.
So you've convinced me you're a believer of your mythology.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231419 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing an outcome and deciding an outcome are two distinct things.
YOU are responsible for the abortion you chose.
Only because your deity doesn't exist. None of us live in a universe created by a perfect, all knowing deity - hence, we have choice.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231420 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being funny, right? Surely you're not that ignorant?
Genesis preceded science by thousands of years, describing the Big Bang right off the bat.
It notes that life began from the earth and was initially genderless.
How did a fiction book get core elements of creation so right?
Smile.
<quoted text>
In the 60's I debated an atheist about the universe having a beginning point. He specifically used the mocking term (at that time),'The big bang'.
Genesis 1:1 (GW) In the beginning God created heaven and earth.
Perhaps you need to read the passage closer?
I'd suggest you read Proverbs 8:22-31, another passage about creation.
Good talking to you again...
Smile.
That's hardly a description of the Big Bang - it's a mythology to teach to simpletons.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231421 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Xe is a total tool, isn't xe?
UK media gets it wrong, too. They talk about the prediction that the Y chromosome will diminish without explaining that the genes that contribute to the differences will most likely still be present elsewhere.
<quoted text>
There's a lot of misunderstanding in media when it comes to genetics. I have troubles believing the whole "the y-chromosome will disappear" hypothesis. It's a ratchet theory - that, in the absence of duplication, genes that get hit by mutation simply get destroyed. As you say, that leaves out a fair amount of what we know about how genes work.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231422 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You'll soon be dead, then.
You're christian Newton was sure the universe didn't have a beginning.
<quoted text>
All Christians at the time of Newton "knew" the universe was stable, and created. Now they all switched their understanding of the universe to pretend it's like our contemporary science, totally neglecting the massive changes in thinking they had to make to do so.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#231423 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender is not sex. Gender is what culture attaches to sex. Gender is done differently in different cultures. Native American cultures had three and sometimes four genders.
The one your from only has 2. And your culture separates sexuality from gender. Not all cultures are like that.
Dam one learn something new here every day,,
,What were the other genders Native Americans had ?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#231424 Jun 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing an outcome and deciding an outcome are two distinct things.
YOU are responsible for the abortion you chose.
Wrong again, KimAirhead

IF god made ALL he made your future and you have NO free willy!
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#231425 Jun 29, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
God actually already has. And you are holy and blameless without a single fault through Christ's forgiveness, just by accepting Him as your savior.
Yeah, it probably sounds trite to you, and maybe even a little insulting, but I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to post that.
If. Hitler accepted Jebus would he be also blameless and forgiven?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231426 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No, but religitards like you usually do.
Still, since there are far more miscarriages than abortions your god is still by far the biggest abortionist of all. But you're OK with that.
Which might explain why you commend a bible that says he drowned every baby not on the ark.
Why aren't you thinking?
<quoted text>
'Religitards'? How old are you?

You deny equating eggs with babies, and then turn around and do it again.

I already answered the question about babies.. When a culture reaches the depravity that those did in Noah's time, and the Canaanites in Exodus, God destroys the whole culture.

The Bible makes it clear that sin impacts all those around the guilty, including the innocent.

However, you have no excuse for the murder of babies by abortion.

Hypocrite.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231427 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Y
You're christian Newton was sure the universe didn't have a beginning.
<quoted text>
Then both he and you should have read the Bible closer.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231428 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hardly a description of the Big Bang - it's a mythology to teach to simpletons.
I forgot, you reason like a girl.

A blonde girl specifically.

And you talk out of your ass.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231429 Jun 29, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, KimAirhead
IF god made ALL he made your future and you have NO free willy!
Seems like you are clearly making your own choice...

Smile.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#231430 Jun 29, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, God created man and declared that everything was as it should be, I don't see man being not as he should be because he has choice, and I hardly see God as being responsible for Adam and Eve for doing something He told them not to do, especially when He warned them they would die if they did.
So, what isn't right, that they had choice or that their choices had consequences?
But they didn't know right from wrong til after they ate the fruit. So it would be like sitting candy on the floor with a couple of kids running around. So whose fault would that be? The parents for sitting it within reach, or the kids who don't know the difference? Parents of course. God set them up for failure which means he is not a god, just a failure himself, or itself, I would never give a god a gender.

Besides, god lied to them. They did not die when they ate the fruit. There were not supposed to live forever anyway, cause they were kicked out of the garden, lest they eat of the tree of life. Remember?

So we are supposed to have a god that tricks A&E and lies to them? That is not even a demigod. It is a cartoon god for heavens sake.
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#231431 Jun 29, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
If. Hitler accepted Jebus would he be also blameless and forgiven?
It's best to worry about ones own salvation. Deciding who is saved is a little above my pay grade.
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#231432 Jun 29, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
But they didn't know right from wrong til after they ate the fruit. So it would be like sitting candy on the floor with a couple of kids running around. So whose fault would that be? The parents for sitting it within reach, or the kids who don't know the difference? Parents of course. God set them up for failure which means he is not a god, just a failure himself, or itself, I would never give a god a gender.
Besides, god lied to them. They did not die when they ate the fruit. There were not supposed to live forever anyway, cause they were kicked out of the garden, lest they eat of the tree of life. Remember?
So we are supposed to have a god that tricks A&E and lies to them? That is not even a demigod. It is a cartoon god for heavens sake.
Considering they aren't around today, one can only conclude that they died.

As for knowing right and wrong, Eve has an interesting conversation with the serpent that kind of establishes that she knew what she shouldn't do. It's also interesting to note how easily Eve disbelieved God when told something contrary. Adam was there for it, he was as guilty a party as Eve.

How often do we, in our own lives, see forbidden fruit and know its dangers and submit to the temptation of it anyways. What follows is classic as well. The instinct is to first hide, and then to deflect blame. And God, after doling out the consequences covers Adam and Eve in animal hides. And this is how life has been ever since, a sacrifice must be made to cover sin.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#231434 Jun 29, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering they aren't around today, one can only conclude that they died.
As for knowing right and wrong, Eve has an interesting conversation with the serpent that kind of establishes that she knew what she shouldn't do. It's also interesting to note how easily Eve disbelieved God when told something contrary. Adam was there for it, he was as guilty a party as Eve.
How often do we, in our own lives, see forbidden fruit and know its dangers and submit to the temptation of it anyways. What follows is classic as well. The instinct is to first hide, and then to deflect blame. And God, after doling out the consequences covers Adam and Eve in animal hides. And this is how life has been ever since, a sacrifice must be made to cover sin.
Do you in all honesty, think these newly created people had someone following them around like Diane Sawyer, taking down every word god and they spoke? Be for real for once.

You know better in your mind, you just keep saying to yourself, don't think, just believe, don't think, just believe.

I have lied to myself about things, but never to something this childish. There were no scribes hiding in the jungle taking dictation or hiding microphones to catch every word. More is the pity of smart folks with no common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr par five 6,353
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Denisova 17,924
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Redefined 4
News The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr thetruth 1,108
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr thetruth 14,494
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 3 hr thetruth 9,226
News Is Religion Childish? (Sep '14) 6 hr thetruth 161
More from around the web