Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

#230795 Jun 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You point blank lie.
The last sodomy laws were struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003.
Any state laws prohibiting atheists from public office are illegal.
Even more atrocious is throwing women under the bus as if they don't qualify for human rights!
http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2013/country-...
There we have it folks, the typical moral ethics of a 'rational atheist' oxymoron upheld by Queen Blondie!!
Smirk smile.
Oh so now our MCP is the champion of oppressed Muslim women. Just before making another sexist remark.

Smile @ U!

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#230796 Jun 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't hate me for being right(eous), Rosa!:-)
Self-righteous in your own lunchbox, Pharisee.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230797 Jun 16, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are mass murderes since they are in favor of abortion.
They have no morals and no respect for life.
..Unfair ..I don't believe they "favor" abortion ....they , just don't believe human life is sacred .

Las Vegas, NV

#230798 Jun 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Does you nurse know you have escaped again?
...THAT'S BELOW THE BELT ...!!..It's sucks to almighty Heaven , to be a ward of the state ....!!

on the plus side ; sometimes those voices in my head , have really good ideas ...!

Las Vegas, NV

#230799 Jun 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Year by year the number of abortions do not even figure in numbers the genocide your god is said by your very own good book to have committed
Millennium by millennium the number of abortions do not even figure in the number of deaths caused in the name of religion.
And of course, in your country and my own those abortions are carried out in accordance with the law of the land. Why do you have such a downer of the law of your FREE country?
Honey, considering you donít even understand the meaning of the word morality itís rather hypocritical of you to call me immoral. The chances are that, taking your post into account I am a far more moral person than you would ever be.
..what a silly post ..obviously , you have penis envy ...

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#230801 Jun 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Unfair ..I don't believe they "favor" abortion ....they , just don't believe human life is sacred .
Your life is sacred to me, but don't count on this to be the universal opinion..

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#230803 Jun 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>nah , man nah ...( well maybe ?)
Atheists assert there is no God , because there is too much human suffering ,pain and unfairness ..in this temporal existence .
How do they know " this " ..?
By watching the news, maybe.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230804 Jun 16, 2014
There should be no such thing.

Ghettos help no one.
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
In Muslim neighbourhoods...
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230805 Jun 17, 2014
I know there is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.

If you're a believer, that just leaves you with the dregs.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>nah , man nah ...( well maybe ?)
Atheists assert there is no God , because there is too much human suffering ,pain and unfairness ..in this temporal existence .
How do they know " this " ..?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#230806 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I know there is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
<quoted text>
You wear a helmet and ride a short yellow bus, right?
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230807 Jun 17, 2014
You're projecting.
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You wear a helmet and ride a short yellow bus, right?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#230808 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're projecting.
<quoted text>
...and you are still retarded ;)
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230809 Jun 17, 2014
No, but you just admitted you were projecting.
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you are still retarded ;)
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#230811 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No, but you just admitted you were projecting.
<quoted text>
That is just what a retarded person would say...
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230812 Jun 17, 2014
Your post? Indeed.
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just what a retarded person would say...

Las Vegas, NV

#230813 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
..Those who believe nothing good can come from pain ; have never been to a dentist ..

You're Brit , right ..Why am I , not surprised ...snaggletooth ..

Las Vegas, NV

#230814 Jun 17, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
By watching the news, maybe.
..touche'..
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230815 Jun 17, 2014
I believe teeth that don't heal themselves are an example of Unintelligent Design.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Those who believe nothing good can come from pain ; have never been to a dentist ..
You're Brit , right ..Why am I , not surprised ...snaggletooth ..

Las Vegas, NV

#230816 Jun 17, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that? I don't believe anything that is unsupported by some sot of evidence.
I'm not atheist, or consider the universe to even have human concepts of morality.
Morality is is developed trait of the organisms living and breathing within the biosphere.
Nothing creates itself, rather if the explanation is of natural cause, then it stands to reason the forces of nature are responsible. Exactly in the way a thunderstorm can be called an act of god , but is really the result of the forces of nature, behaving the way energy flows and is released by thermodynamics in a complicated processes we see unfold.
..Look , "Aura Mytha" if I attribute something to you, it's called creative license ..regardless , of whether you hold that position or not ..

And , if you find exception ...it's because you're a philistine who ' hates ' the arts .

wow..awesome analogy ' storms ' are indeed described as acts of God , and in truth are natural phenomena ...I guess one could suppose the cosmos themselves arose from such natural phenomena ...

but , that still does not address the ' first cause '. without the Sun , there would be no storms .

Las Vegas, NV

#230817 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I believe teeth that don't heal themselves are an example of Unintelligent Design.
<quoted text>
..ah , come on ..teeth were made to be expendable .

( and then again , we do have our sharks .)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Aura Mytha 16,690
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr pearl 4,776
The Consequences of Atheism 9 hr polymath257 720
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 11 hr insaankhan 3,030
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Fri Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? Fri thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... Fri Thinking 1
More from around the web