Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#230944 Jun 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you spoken to and asked any of those women? Nope you have simply abused, mocked and threatened them based on your own ignorance and wishes.
It is part of their body, cells from their body and growing in their body, using nutrients from their body and sometimes even causing damage to their body. It is not your body and you are not medically qualified to make judgement on health matters therefore you have no say in the matter. This of course does not stop you having a say in order to impose your will on the woman.
I find it so hypocritical of you that at the same time you are condemning abortion you condone the deaths of 800,000,000 people (excluding the foetuses that were not counted) with humour and you expect thanks for it – are they not human?
Where did I say the foetus was not human? Oh I get it, you are lying.
Never so defenceless – try standing in the way of a bullet or bomb. Victims of violence are pretty defenceless too but that never stopped a good christian going into a cinema or school and blasting away at anyone who moves.
Or setting up in front of a Planned Parenthood center and shooting doctors and nurses that work in those facilities. Snipers for Jesus. Shooting them in the back, or through windows. Eric Rudolph is really enjoying his life after setting off bombs for Jesus.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#230945 Jun 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the state laws are still in force – it really does not matter how hard you stomp your foot.
You just admitted they weren't inforced, now you lie again.

Ah, the inherent depravity of 'rational atheist' oxymorons!

Smirk.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#230946 Jun 20, 2014
"inforce"?

What century do you live in? The 15th?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted they weren't inforced, now you lie again.
Ah, the inherent depravity of 'rational atheist' oxymorons!
Smirk.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#230947 Jun 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they ever make distinctions, I really think the problems are more racial than spiritual, however it’s the religion that breed the racism.
That's probably true. In the old colonial days, native people were seen as "benighted heathens". Ironically, their descendants are often more religious than us.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#230948 Jun 20, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or setting up in front of a Planned Parenthood center and shooting doctors and nurses that work in those facilities. Snipers for Jesus. Shooting them in the back, or through
windows. Eric Rudolph is really enjoying his life after setting off bombs for Jesus.
Getting permits and protesting legally in fronr of a planned parenthood or any other abortion mill is a right in the united states and legal. I have legally protested abortion. I have never killed nor would I condone that. That is against Christ's teaching to love unconditionally, even to love your enemies. No one who is a christian (ie a dedicated follower of christ) would dare think that he authorizes killing anybody.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230949 Jun 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
OF COURSE IT ISN'T!!!
don't you wish all sodomites understood this, instead of parading down our main streets about it and demanding that we approve???
Tuck your shirt in, ShirtUp.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230950 Jun 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No one should have the right to be not offended.
If you hate gay sex so much, I suggest you take up another hobby.
<quoted text>
LOL

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230951 Jun 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - you reverse misogamists NEVER play fair with insults!
i see, so democracy for gaytheist fascism is democracy indeed, but democracy for decency and freedom is NOT democray!
can you see how the world is going to be ruled by the AntiChrist soon and for a brief period of time?:-)
WTH is a misogamist?!

It sounds like someone who opposed to marriage. She has a husband.

Keep blathering.
:-)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230952 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact check.
Nearly all of those have been discounted by historians as Christian wars. Starting with the Arab (A is at the top of the alphabet)- Israeli Wars.
SMile.
"Religious conflict", ie not just Xian. Can't u read, Bucket of Rocks?
:D

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#230953 Jun 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
How could Adam and Eve have sinned? The bible says they didn't know what right and wrong was before eating of the tree of knowledge.
So your god sinned, not them.
You wouldn't punish a baby for getting injured. Or would you?
<quoted text>
let's look at your own words for the answer to your own question:

you said "..they didn't know what right and wrong was BEFORE eating of the tree of knowledge"

first off - it was called the 'tree of the knowledge OF GOOD AND EVIL' AND God said "don't eat of it"

second - we're not talking about babies and we're not talking about getting injured - WE'RE TALKING ABOUT DISOBEYING A DIRECT COMMAND FROM GOD- which is exactly what you continuoulsy do everytime you dodge these reasonable responses to your unreasonable assumptions.

now you'd be doing your own self a huge favor if you check yourself before you wreck yourself;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230954 Jun 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tuck your shirt in, ShirtUp.
why you do me like dis, hon, when all i wanna do is make love not war???:-(

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230955 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm German, my butt imitates a British fog horn name Queen Blondie.
Snicker.
Du bist ein gross Dumkopf.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230956 Jun 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH is a misogamist?!
It sounds like someone who opposed to marriage. She has a husband.
Keep blathering.
:-)
where does this leave you - are you opposed to marrying a man and promising to love and obey him as long as you both shall live?:-)
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#230957 Jun 20, 2014
But if they didn't already know about good and evil, the only reason for them to disobey a command is that they were made imperfectly.

So it's all your god's fault. You can squirm all you like, but your story has a massive plot hole in it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let's look at your own words for the answer to your own question:
you said "..they didn't know what right and wrong was BEFORE eating of the tree of knowledge"
first off - it was called the 'tree of the knowledge OF GOOD AND EVIL' AND God said "don't eat of it"
second - we're not talking about babies and we're not talking about getting injured - WE'RE TALKING ABOUT DISOBEYING A DIRECT COMMAND FROM GOD- which is exactly what you continuoulsy do everytime you dodge these reasonable responses to your unreasonable assumptions.
now you'd be doing your own self a huge favor if you check yourself before you wreck yourself;-)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230958 Jun 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
*can anyone translate this?*
Maybe if you say it in German it'll make more sense?
Nein, meine Freundin.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#230959 Jun 20, 2014
Kathryn Camfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith means "not wanting to know the truth."
It takes no faith to believe there is no god because it is true.
Kathryn
Excellent! Now welcome to the jungle.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#230960 Jun 20, 2014
"In my opinion, claims that Hitler was a Christian at the time he committed these crimes (he may have been as a child, I don’t know) or that Stalin was a Christian, which I’ve also heard, put the claimants in the same intellectual space as holocaust deniers.
Another important point is that most of these deaths were the result of government leaders, killing their own citizens. Again, Hitler is a special case in that he also killed civilians in conquered territories of the Reich. Whether or not this made them citizens is a point of law. I think it does, since he was responsible for their governance.
There are a plethora of places where you can verify these numbers, if you are so-minded.
Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered
Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered
Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered
Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered
Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered
Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered
Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered
Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered
Adolf Hitler (Germany 1939-1945) 12,000,000 people murdered

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2... ;
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#230961 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
"In my opinion, claims that Hitler was a Christian at the time he committed these crimes (he may have been as a child, I don’t know) or that Stalin was a Christian, which I’ve also heard, put the claimants in the same intellectual space as holocaust deniers.
Another important point is that most of these deaths were the result of government leaders, killing their own citizens. Again, Hitler is a special case in that he also killed civilians in conquered territories of the Reich. Whether or not this made them citizens is a point of law. I think it does, since he was responsible for their governance.
There are a plethora of places where you can verify these numbers, if you are so-minded.
Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
You forgot US - American holocaust - over 90 million plus mass murdered/ genocidal and many wars by US Christiian Fundie military
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#230962 Jun 21, 2014
Stalin went to priest school where he was taught how to manipulate sheep.
KiMare wrote:

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#230963 Jun 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
"inforce"?
What century do you live in? The 15th?
<quoted text>
Yes, she does........ BC !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min Thinking 35,184
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Thinking 3,712
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 14,941
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 6 hr Thinking 157
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 hr Thinking 20,097
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 15 hr emperorjohn 139
There are no such things as gods or fairies Tue Amused 102
More from around the web